2023 WORLD TOUR

1 minute ago, Frankfurt93 said:

No, every stadium has different fee and the fees depends on who is running it, he determines the fee. It can be a group, football club, city, privite ownership. But those fees are fix, just like Arena fees, don't matter season on or off, summer or winter.

Really? I'm not sure that can be right. For a start you have to factor in what the stadiums main purpose is. If it's sitting idle for a long period, then inevitably they're going to be open to fairly low-ball offers from anyone wanting to use it. 

Why would the fees be fixed? That would be terrible business sense. Negotiation is a key part of a promoters strategy and plotting what venues a tour will end up in. It's also a key part of venue owners strategy, especially at the larger end of things. 

I would imagine that Live Nation have negotiated good prices on all the stadiums they're doing, which renders booking them instead of Arenas much more financially viable, even if they're half full. 

If this wasn't the case Live Nation would have no reason to move GNR back to stadiums after Arena runs. 

Live Nation, bastards though they are, know how to make money very well. Half empty stadiums will have definitely factored into their plans, especially as so free/discounted tickets were given out on the last stadium run. 

18 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Other users on Gnrevo have speculated that perhaps FlashFlood heard wrong, and that Susan meant "anything goes" in terms of the setlist. Which, while a laughable assertion in itself, wouldn't be the first time it was said.

"No setlist" remember?! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Appears the band is gathering in New York.  I'm really busy.  Not sure how much time I will have to hunt streams.  Not sure what time it is here when they are there. :lol:  I'll figure it out.  I have the first show I can do as soon as I look up what date that is.

Thank god they are back on the road.  I only have 3 interests going.  They haven't given me much to work with so I'm down to two and nobody likes to hear about your grandbaby.  Yeah it's all about gardening.  Blame GNR if that's all I talk about.  :lol:

Forgot pinball.  I've been sucking at that lately so nothing to say there but I suck. :facepalm:

Edited by cineater
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, cineater said:

Appears the band is gathering in New York.  I'm really busy.  Not sure how much time I will have to hunt streams.  Not sure what time it is here when they are there. :lol:  I'll figure it out.  I have the first show I can do as soon as I look up what date that is.

Thank god they are back on the road.  I only have 3 interests going.  They haven't given me much to work with so I'm down to two and nobody likes to hear about your grandbaby.  Yeah it's all about gardening.  Blame GNR if that's all I talk about.  :lol:

Forgot pinball.  I've been sucking at that lately so nothing to say there but I suck. :facepalm:

They're in Abu Dhabi 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cineater said:

Talk to us about gardening. We're not so bothered about the shows. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

They're in Abu Dhabi 

You know, I just don't get good vibes about that place.  Reminds me of an expensive whore house, human trafficking, stuff like that.  It reeks of money trying to hide a lot of injustices.  Just my impression.  I don't think I would want to be a female going there.

9 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Talk to us about gardening. We're not so bothered about the shows. 

Told ya, nobody wants to hear about your grandbaby. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, cineater said:

You know, I just don't get good vibes about that place.  Reminds me of an expensive whore house, human trafficking, stuff like that.  It reeks of money trying to hide a lot of injustices.  Just my impression.  I don't think I would want to be a female going there.

I'm not a fan of them playing there either. But money rules the world

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, cineater said:

It's actually quite safe there, you'd be surprised. 

2 hours ago, cineater said:

Tip of the iceberg I reckon. Definitely not a place for those of us who value freedom of speech, equal rights, gay rights etc. 

Not that I don't think the people that live there don't deserve to see a gig of course.....but there does seem a recent rise in 'event-washing' in these sorts of places. Brush the shit under the carpets folks, smile for the cameras. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

You sure have a lot of opinion considering you haven't been there.

No problem being a female tourist in UAE. I have never been to an expensive whore house, but highly doubt it is anything like Abu Dhabi or any other emirate. 

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

You sure have a lot of opinion considering you haven't been there.

No problem being a female tourist in UAE. I have never been to an expensive whore house, but highly doubt it is anything like Abu Dhabi or any other emirate. 

Yeah, I don't know where I get that vibe from but being allowed to do one thing as a tourist and people who live there aren't rubs me wrong.  I hate going to places where the people in the service industry go home to live in poverty and think of me as the rich American.  I know it gives them a job but it doesn't sit well.  I realize different cultures value different things but I don't want to go there for vacation if my culture is in direct conflict and I'm put in a bubble of it's allowed only because we need the money.  I always find out too because I ask the people who live there.  I'm not there to party my ass off.  I'm there to get to know the place.

Edited by cineater
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, cineater said:

Yeah, I don't know where I get that vibe from but being allowed to do one thing as a tourist and people who live there aren't rubs me wrong.  I hate going to places where the people in the service industry go home to live in poverty and think of me as the rich American.  I know it gives them a job but it doesn't sit well.  I realize different cultures value different things but I don't want to go there for vacation if my culture is in direct conflict and I'm put in a bubble of it's allowed only because we need the money.  I always find out too because I ask the people who live there.  I'm not there to party my ass off.  I'm there to get to know the place.

Very well put. 

Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable visiting and spending money in any place in the world where homosexuality is illegal. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Very well put. 

Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable visiting and spending money in any place in the world where homosexuality is illegal. 

It's despicable they do shows in UAE, I think. It just shows what their principles and values are worth. It's not as if they need the money, so I see absolutely no excuse to do shows there at all.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lio said:

It's despicable they do shows in UAE, I think. It just shows what their principles and values are worth. It's not as if they need the money, so I see absolutely no excuse to do shows there at all.

I do tend to agree, for the reasons mentioned in the posts above.....but a (tiny) bit of me does think "well, there will be good people there who just want to see a show.....and why should they be denied that because their country is a repressive and backwards regime?" 

The issues arise really though in that whenever anything goes to these places it's used as a publicity tool to present an image of "all great here folks" which is far from the truth. 

On the whole though, yeah, I think it's a case of taking the cash and turning a convenient blind eye, and I wish they wouldn't do that. 

Cultural boycott of a country because it is homophobic won't do the homosexuals in that country any good at all. Refusing them a cultural event and the opportunity for cultural exchange that will eventually, slowly help that country evolve, will not do any good. It is purely virtue signaling. Just look at Iran. What good has the extensive boycots of that country done? If we truly want to nudge a country in the right direction we need communication and interaction, not exclusion and boycotts. It's got to happen through evolution, not revolution, and that requires long interaction and encouragement of the local people.

As for UAE in general and @cineater's comments: I think you might confuse Saudi Arabia with UAE. In my experience, with UAE the distinction isn't between citizens and foreigners but between Muslims and non-Muslims. As for the service people living in poverty and think of you as a rich American, well, that goes for most areas in the world, I assume, and even in America where the equality between poor and rich is absolutely outrageous. If you are worried about human trafficking and poor people being abused, look no further than the farming industry in the USA with child labor, illegal immigrants working unholy hours under terrible conditions, etc. 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Cultural boycott of a country because it is homophobic won't do the homosexuals in that country any good at all. Refusing them a cultural event and the opportunity for cultural exchange that will eventually, slowly help that country evolve, will not do any good. It is purely virtue signaling. Just look at Iran. What good has the extensive boycots of that country done? If we truly want to nudge a country in the right direction we need communication and interaction, not exclusion and boycotts. It's got to happen through evolution, not revolution, and that requires long interaction and encouragement of the local people.

As for UAE in general and @cineater's comments: I think you might confuse Saudi Arabia with UAE. In my experience, with UAE the distinction isn't between citizens and foreigners but between Muslims and non-Muslims. As for the service people living in poverty and think of you as a rich American, well, that goes for most areas in the world, I assume, and even in America where the equality between poor and rich is absolutely outrageous. If you are worried about human trafficking and poor people being abused, look no further than the farming industry in the USA with child labor, illegal immigrants working unholy hours under terrible conditions, etc. 

A GNR show won't do the homosexuals any good either. Big acts doing shows there will benefit the leaders/leading class of those countries imo, and that's what I personally wouldn't want to be doing. I don't want to support a country like that in any way.

GNR can be political with Trump (not my president) and Ukraine (the flags), but then do a show in a country where it's illegal to be gay? Yeah, sorry, I don't get that. I wonder if none of the crew are gay.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lio said:

A GNR show won't do the homosexuals any good either. Big acts doing shows there will benefit the leaders/leading class of those countries imo, and that's what I personally wouldn't want to be doing. I don't want to support a country like that in any way.

GNR can be political with Trump (not my president) and Ukraine (the flags), but then do a show in a country where it's illegal to be gay? Yeah, sorry, I don't get that. I wonder if none of the crew are gay.

is it as simple as that though? what about the people who had no choice of being born there and are not against homosexuals? don't they deserve to experience Gn'R live? or for example gay fans who just want to attend a Gn'R show and were born there? they're not their government or the shit laws of their government.

Edited by Rovim

Er, I just said I don't get a good vibe off that city.  Not recommending GNR boycott them for culture beliefs, customs or practices.  Be a good guest while you're there, respect how they want to do things and create some good will.

• Like 1