2023 WORLD TOUR

7 hours ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

Aren't you guys talking about GnR releasing one song. Last I heard Foo Fighters and Metallica are out playing a tour supported by a new album, with them also doing press about said album and tour. 72 seasons is not only a single, but also the name of an album. As in a collection of songs. The first since Hardwired. 

Maybe Taytay can push tickets based solely on a single, not that she needs to. But you can't put GnR in the same boat as Taytay. You really can't. 

Hey we're desperate just to get one song here! 

Virtually every band has the 'announce new material and accompanying tour' model- if there ARE new songs, we wouldn't mind a bit of that sort of thing! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

That said, The Stone Roses also released a pair of singles around their reunion tour and that was it. SOAD also released a pair of singles in 2020, though they couldn’t tour that year due to Covid, to be fair.

SOAD quick did those songs for charity purposes and Serj has stated that he doesn't really have interest in touring anymore because of a back issue.  

It sure was great to get some new SOAD but those were basically scars on broadway songs they they threw together really quickly to raise money for a good cause.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Pretty sure Blink-182 just released a one-off single for their reunion tour this year, though I could be wrong, and maybe it’s part of an album that they’ve also been working on. I don’t really follow Blink anyways.

That said, The Stone Roses also released a pair of singles around their reunion tour and that was it. SOAD also released a pair of singles in 2020, though they couldn’t tour that year due to Covid, to be fair.

Stone Roses did actually make an album but decided it was shit and scrapped it! 

Much as I didn't like the two new Stone Roses they made, I sort of admire that- into the studio, try some stuff out, decide it isn't really good enough and split up again and move on. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 6:21 AM, allwaystired said:

Leaning towards that point of view now, yeah. 

I really think there's less chance of it being Glastonbury than anywhere else- shortened setlist that will focus on 'hits', not their own crowd and festival all make it seem unlikely to me. 

For all avid watchers of Glasto...the set times given ahead are just a rough guide (and often a minimum) ...if memory serves, for recent example, good old Paul.Mac was scheduled for 2hrs 10 last year and played pretty close to 3hrs in the end. GNR will very likely, with this soft deadline, which as they are last of the night is definitely expendable, just play their normal 2023 tour set (hopefully with a couple of surprises or guests..."Glastonury is gonna be legendary" - D.M)

Since... every date so far has included at least one alt. song, there's a good chance of (if Axl can muster 110% and forget we're streaming 😉)  be just that...a great night! 🤞

I've seen a few comments thinking we'd only get a few songs, a la other times GNR have headlined Donnington and Reading/Leeds etc. These days, it's pretty much written in the contract that if you're headlining Glasto, you've agreed to your whole set being broadcast, as the TV tie-in is a massive part of the experience and has been for a while now. I've also seen quite a few comments about the whole reunion JUST being about the mula, etc. Of course that's a big part...would you turn down that £? However I think it's fair to point out, if so....Glasto really doesn't pay the headliners anywhere near what almost every other festival pays (i.e in the millions) they are probably getting around £200,000-500,000 (based on past examples). So they're doing this one, either for the prestige (it's a right-of-passage to play at least once, right?) Or because they will drop a song (or two) around it...that's the sensible thing to do and what most artists do as there's a ton of free press and coverage, more than they'll have had other the first day they announced they were back together!...so watch GNR not do that BUT perhaps Duff WILL be right and it'll be legendary for some great reasons...such as that! I think we've got a chance of a great night and should be excited (until otherwise experienced...) I know a sound engineer that used to work at Glasto and they really are 1st class for production values...a rare praise of the BBC but there isn't a better sounding festival for proshot (ultra HD!)....so whatever Axl and the gang give us, it'll sound the best it possibly can! 

I think the smaller stage to their usual tour set up, may allow Axl to keep his breathe better too...

Just some thoughts from a coming out of retirement, old forum user! Good to see everyone pretty positive about this tour and a good vibe in here. It's been too long!

30 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

For all avid watchers of Glasto...the set times given ahead are just a rough guide (and often a minimum) ...if memory serves, for recent example, good old Paul.Mac was scheduled for 2hrs 10 last year and played pretty close to 3hrs in the end. GNR will very likely, with this soft deadline, which as they are last of the night is definitely expendable, just play their normal 2023 tour set (hopefully with a couple of surprises or guests..."Glastonury is gonna be legendary" - D.M)

Since... every date so far has included at least one alt. song, there's a good chance of (if Axl can muster 110% and forget we're streaming 😉)  be just that...a great night! 🤞

I've seen a few comments thinking we'd only get a few songs, a la other times GNR have headlined Donnington and Reading/Leeds etc. These days, it's pretty much written in the contract that if you're headlining Glasto, you've agreed to your whole set being broadcast, as the TV tie-in is a massive part of the experience and has been for a while now. I've also seen quite a few comments about the whole reunion JUST being about the mula, etc. Of course that's a big part...would you turn down that £? However I think it's fair to point out, if so....Glasto really doesn't pay the headliners anywhere near what almost every other festival pays (i.e in the millions) they are probably getting around £200,000-500,000 (based on past examples). So they're doing this one, either for the prestige (it's a right-of-passage to play at least once, right?) Or because they will drop a song (or two) around it...that's the sensible thing to do and what most artists do as there's a ton of free press and coverage, more than they'll have had other the first day they announced they were back together!...so watch GNR not do that BUT perhaps Duff WILL be right and it'll be legendary for some great reasons...such as that! I think we've got a chance of a great night and should be excited (until otherwise experienced...) I know a sound engineer that used to work at Glasto and they really are 1st class for production values...a rare praise of the BBC but there isn't a better sounding festival for proshot (ultra HD!)....so whatever Axl and the gang give us, it'll sound the best it possibly can! 

I think the smaller stage to their usual tour set up, may allow Axl to keep his breathe better too...

Just some thoughts from a coming out of retirement, old forum user! Good to see everyone pretty positive about this tour and a good vibe in here. It's been too long!

Hello.     Joining us on the Oslo thread later? It is pretty cool  that this tour is bringing some of  the oldies back. @colonizedmind Welcome back then ^_^

9 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Just as a FYI I've moved the Glastonbury show thread early. I don't want to close every other thread that discusses it but it might be an idea to start putting GB related chat in there now.

Thanks

Good idea :hug:. Thanks @alfierose

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, wendirosez said:

Hello.     Joining us on the Oslo thread later? It is pretty cool  that this tour is bringing some of  the oldies back. @colonizedmind Welcome back then ^_^

Good idea :hug:. Thanks @alfierose

Yes I will be. Back for good....shit! That sounds like phrase for a Take That forum (not that I'm on any 😉)

Ok, how about "YEEEEEEEEA BOOOOIIIIIIIII" to quote our favourite L.S.D sufferer, his go to saying at the moment.

For those that don't know...

L.S.D - lead singer disease 

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Haha 1

On 6/21/2023 at 2:51 PM, colonizedmind said:

Yes I will be. Back for good....shit! That sounds like phrase for a Take That forum (not that I'm on any 😉)

Ok, how about "YEEEEEEEEA BOOOOIIIIIIIII" to quote our favourite L.S.D sufferer, his go to saying at the moment.

For those that don't know...

L.S.D - lead singer disease 

I'm laughing at the TT suggestion. 💯 

It's good to read. We have streams and all kinds of fun ^_^

Spoiler

East 17 won THAT battle ~ IF we are going there ha! (not that i'm on any):dance:

Edited by wendirosez
SOMETIMES We have streams haha
  • Haha 1

On 6/21/2023 at 2:42 AM, Ratam said:

I read today in The Telegrahp an review about Glastonbury GNR show. It review is full of cliché about them.

Have the telegraph seen the future? I guess you meant preview ? 😉

16 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

Not great

Good! I mean, that's the sort of thing that might force them to put a song out or something...who knows! Or not go on another tour without having something. We can but dream of logic, eh!

• Haha 1

I'm interested....what songs from the last 7 years that they're not performing currently (or infrequently) do you want to hear going forward? Or even stuff they haven't done from 85-93?

The set has added new stuff every date so far, so fair to think this is more possible again....

I was just checking some stuff I missed out on from 2021...seems the tempo of something like "You're Crazy" seems to suit Axl, even in tough vocal times. They should bring back the slower version, although I notice Slash is playing it electric unlike Nu-GNR. The Seeker (I know it had haters and another god damn cover) as it's a song Axl performs and moves well to. I'd replace Witcha with that, if you're gonna have a cover in that slot. With the set bulging with 10+ min songs, I think Shadow and Nice Boys would be really good to stick around as regulars, as they're kick fire 3 minute rockers which the crowd enjoy...I'd personally love to see this lineup do Think About You. It's been soundchecked right? Last hold out from Apppetite, correct? 

Edited by colonizedmind

46 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Have the telegraph seen the future? I guess you meant preview ? 😉

Good! I mean, that's the sort of thing that might force them to put a song out or something...who knows! Or not go on another tour without having something. We can but dream of logic, eh!

Yeah, i mean preview, it article is full reash, useless at best.

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

I'm interested....what songs from the last 7 years that they're not performing currently (or infrequently) do you want to hear going forward? Or even stuff they haven't done from 85-93?

The set has added new stuff every date so far, so fair to think this is more possible again....

I was just checking some stuff I missed out on from 2021...seems the tempo of something like "You're Crazy" seems to suit Axl, even in tough vocal times. They should bring back the slower version, although I notice Slash is playing it electric unlike Nu-GNR. The Seeker (I know it had haters and another god damn cover) as it's a song Axl performs and moves well to. I'd replace Witcha with that, if you're gonna have a cover in that slot. With the set bulging with 10+ min songs, I think Shadow and Nice Boys would be really good to stick around as regulars, as they're kick fire 3 minute rockers which the crowd enjoy...I'd personally love to see this lineup do Think About You. It's been soundchecked right? Last hold out from Apppetite, correct? 

Would be cool to see Axl and Duff do a song together again - Raw Power, So Fine or even You Ain't The First (since Duff played it each night on his Tenderness tour)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Slow YC was great when I saw them in 2021, and I think the Seeker sounds great too and has good energy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

Slow YC was great when I saw them in 2021, and I think the Seeker sounds great too and has good energy.

Sorry to disagree but I really hope we never hear The Seeker again. I’m firmly in the camp of put in another GNR song instead of another cover.

29 minutes ago, wendirosez said:

I'm with @MaskingApathy I like The Seeker alot.

I do love the intro to November Rain as it is, but would like to hear It's Alright again...But Dust in The Wind is my number one intro 

Good shouts. Loved Axl covering Sabbath! Yep as I originally said, Seeker gives a jolt of energy to the encore. I get the hate of covers but also don't...remember this is a band with a small catalogue...while there is original material we still want to hear, there's a need for them to cover to keep the set fresh too...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Good shouts. Loved Axl covering Sabbath! Yep as I originally said, Seeker gives a jolt of energy to the encore. I get the hate of covers but also don't...remember this is a band with a small catalogue...while there is original material we still want to hear, there's a need for them to cover to keep the set fresh too...

Yeah. I can live with The seeker for that reason (unlike snooze fest Wichita lineman.... what is it about that fucking song that they are doing it since years now??). Also he does a good job on it.

• Like 2

Can anyone advise what the differences are with certain ticket options on ticketmaster for the glasgow show?

There is a Guns N' Roses VIP ticket option for £177 - this says it includes access to the Golden Circle.

However there is also a Gold Circle Standing Ticket for £191.05.

Is this basically the same ticket?

18 minutes ago, sploit said:

Can anyone advise what the differences are with certain ticket options on ticketmaster for the glasgow show?

There is a Guns N' Roses VIP ticket option for £177 - this says it includes access to the Golden Circle.

If you click on the standing tickets from £89 there are some resale golden circle tickets available at lower prices than you quoted. I just looked myself 5 minutes ago

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sploit said:

It's Ticketmaster shit. Those £191 tickets were £125 a while back, now they've vanished entirely. They'll be back though.

As it stands, I have travel booked for this show, but I categorically cannot (and won't!) pay the mad prices. Surprised there hasn't been a price drop yet. 

• Like 1