Ritz 1991 Blu-Ray Review

“And what for?  No, not anymore”

Instead of

”any more, and what what for?”

New alt lyrics to Estranged.

I wonder whether these were ‘alt’ lyrics at one point, or whether Axl forgot a line, and made something up off the cuff? Very cool anyway.

Probably the best Sweet Child I’ve ever heard from this concert.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, Carburetta said:

“And what for?  No, not anymore”

Instead of

”any more, and what what for?”

New alt lyrics to Estranged.

I wonder whether these were ‘alt’ lyrics at one point, or whether Axl forgot a line, and made something up off the cuff? Very cool anyway.

Probably the best Sweet Child I’ve ever heard from this concert.

The end of the rant in YCBM is different too, if they’d only just recorded the songs and hadn’t performed them live yet it would be safe to assume he simply forgot the lines. But who knows, I mean… the guy used a teleprompter for his own songs lol

So just watched this for a bit, and caught the Shannon Hoon "Don't Cry" part- which is absolutely amazing.  When Axl calls him back out for "You Aint The First", Shannon is drinking out of a plastic cup.  He offers it to Slash, who waits a second and then takes a sip and puts it down; Duff comes over, asks Slash something, then picks up the drink and has a pull.  Wasnt there a story somewhere- Duff or Slash's book- that the drink was spiked with acid?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As i said in another thread, this show is simply awesome.  I LOVE PTU as an opener.  Seeing YCBM with different lyrics (accident or actual lyrics that got changed0 was cool as hell.  Just the looseness of the whole show, the spontaneity, you will NEVER see that again, from almost any band, and especially not the current incarnation of Guns. 

The quality of the video, mind-blowing.  Looks like it was meant to be shown on the big screen, ala Rattle and Hum or any of a million movies with similar quality.

Overall, as others have said, this is the best thing they've put out since the UYI albums themselves! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DK6 said:

This may be a controversial opinion - I prefer Vegas.

I get a sore throat just listening to the Ritz.

The Ritz is exhibit A in evidence when questioning why Axl's voice struggles at times these days.

It definitely wasn't his best night voice wise, but it was still awesome overall.  He sounded good aside from Estranged, RNDTH and Jungle.. 

9 hours ago, Bluefish18 said:

So just watched this for a bit, and caught the Shannon Hoon "Don't Cry" part- which is absolutely amazing.  When Axl calls him back out for "You Aint The First", Shannon is drinking out of a plastic cup.  He offers it to Slash, who waits a second and then takes a sip and puts it down; Duff comes over, asks Slash something, then picks up the drink and has a pull.  Wasnt there a story somewhere- Duff or Slash's book- that the drink was spiked with acid?

Then at the end of the song Shannon grabs the drink and takes it with him while looking a bit suspicious hah. I actually noticed that years ago watching the bootleg and was wondering what was really in that cup.. Can someone confirm there they talk about that in a book?

On 11/17/2022 at 6:07 AM, Tom-Ass said:

It definitely wasn't his best night voice wise, but it was still awesome overall.  He sounded good aside from Estranged, RNDTH and Jungle.. 

but that Jungle is good because of the struggle! It feels like Axl is wrestling the song for dominance.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2022 at 5:59 AM, axlinkafayette said:

As i said in another thread, this show is simply awesome.  I LOVE PTU as an opener.  Seeing YCBM with different lyrics (accident or actual lyrics that got changed0 was cool as hell.  Just the looseness of the whole show, the spontaneity, you will NEVER see that again, from almost any band, and especially not the current incarnation of Guns. 

The quality of the video, mind-blowing.  Looks like it was meant to be shown on the big screen, ala Rattle and Hum or any of a million movies with similar quality.

Overall, as others have said, this is the best thing they've put out since the UYI albums themselves! 

RNDTH would be more appropiate to start (for the kind of intro)