What are your favorite covers the band did?

This includes the 2 on “GNR Lies”, the 2 across the “Use Your Illusion” albums, the whole “The Spaghetti Incident?” Album and “Sympathy For The Devil”. 

here’s my list with best being #1

1 down on the farm  

2 black leather

3 i don’t care about you

4 nice boys 

5 human being 

6 SFTD

7 raw power 

8 ain’t it fun 

9 hair of the dog 

10 look at your game girl 

11 SIDHY

12 live and let die 

13 mama kin 

14 buick Makane 

15 KOHD

16 you can’t put your arms around a memory 

17 attitude 

18 new Rose 

Ain't It Fun, I Don't Care About You, Jumpin' Jack Flash (Acoustic).

If we're including live covers: Wichita Lineman has been one of their best songs for years now. I Feel Good was a fun one. Marseilles has always been underrated, though they only played it a few times. Dead Flowers from '93. KOHD was great in '87-88 and 2002.

20 minutes ago, DustNBones1990 said:

You’re putting Karice to shame with all these new topics 😅 

but…

Black leather 

Hair of the dog 

Mama kin

Jumpin’ jack flash (acoustic)

I forgot about the AFD box set covers. But Jumpin Jack flash is a good one 

Forgetting about the album covers…..

Its Alright was a surprise when I heard it on Live Era, I didn’t know they covered it during the tour. It was a nice version. In 2017 or something they covered James Browns So Good at one of the gigs I was at, it seemed off the cuff and was really great. 

Nice Boys, Jumpin Jack, Mama Kin, Hair of the Dog, It’s alright 

KOHD in its 80s live performance, also the semi acoustic one at Saskatoon 93 is probably the best ever version tbh

Not into Live n Let Die, I get where they were coming from with the whole dog eat dog, individualistic struggle to survive in a city full of sharks thing with WTTJ but whereas that song seemed to reflect and document that atmosphere, LALD seemed more of an endorsement of it, the lyrics are on a kinda only think for yourself, fuck everyone else vibe which is not a good philosophy ultimately

It feels a bit like the transition NWA made from their early track Dopeman which reflected the scourge of crack cocaine dealing in the ghetto, to a whole ethos of glorifying being a violent money grabbing gangster..  the portrayals went from documenting and unseen side of life in the city i.e.  ‘this is what it’s like here’ to ‘this is what we do and it’s cool yeah’

19 hours ago, Tripp said:

16 you can’t put your arms around a memory 

17 attitude 

18 new Rose 

Not much of a Duff fan I guess! :D  

I thought SFTD was embarrassing, and completely agree with Slash when he said that was the sound of a band on the verge of breaking up.  Nice Boys, Down on the Farm and New Rose would be my Top 3.  Heartbreak Hotel didn't make the boxed set?  That was a fantastic cover.

33 minutes ago, Bluefish18 said:

Not much of a Duff fan I guess! :D  

I thought SFTD was embarrassing, and completely agree with Slash when he said that was the sound of a band on the verge of breaking up.  Nice Boys, Down on the Farm and New Rose would be my Top 3.  Heartbreak Hotel didn't make the boxed set?  That was a fantastic cover.

I like duff’s voice but when axl Rose is in your band he should be the one singing every song 

Jumpin Jack Flash (Acoustic)
Mama Kin
KOHD - Any version from 87-93.. It sucks now
Whole Lotta Rosie - From the Marquee. Don't care for their current rendition.
Nice Boys!!!!!
The Seeker - It gets a lot of shit, but I think they rock it. I don't even care for the original
Down on The Farm
Ain't It Fun
Look at Your Game Girl

I enjoy most if not all of those better than the originals.