The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

7 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I think if there’s something we need less of, then it’s looking for reasons they should keep doing what they’re (not) doing. 

Pointing out that there are other bands doing the same stuff as GN'R, is not "looking for reasons they should keep doing what they're (not) doing". It is just pointing out facts-

Besides, no reasons are needed, they do whatever they want to do and we just have to accept it. And touring the world and entertaining millions of people is not too bad. They could have been doing nothing. I look at this as a glass is half-full situation. I would have preferred it if they have focused on new music instead, but this is infinitely better than just doing nothing.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Pointing out that there are other bands doing the same stuff as GN'R, is not "looking for reasons they should keep doing what they're (not) doing". It is just pointing out facts-

Besides, no reasons are needed, they do whatever they want to do and we just have to accept it. And touring the world and entertaining millions of people is not too bad. They could have been doing nothing. I look at this as a glass is half-full situation. I would have preferred it if they have focused on new music instead, but this is infinitely better than just doing nothing.

You're like a broken record. Do TB pay you? Not every forum needs a Jarmo! 

• Like 1

You know what is a bit interesting is if Perhaps is on the setlist, it makes me ask why.  It’s almost like maybe the locker discs came back and were listened to and it was thought as “oh yeah that’s a cool song we can use.”  Almost makes you think that what had vocals on lockers was it other than general etc.  I say that because first we get absurd which we all knew had lyrics due to it had leaked a few years before.  Then, hard skool which had been on a snippet on YouTube for years.  Now Perhaps a lockers song yet none of the others.  Just seems a bit odd. I would expect Atlas would be next or state of grace or both and that’s probably it.  It would be nice to be surprised with something random that we didn’t know existed.  (Yes I know we wouldn’t even know about those if not for locker shit)

Edited by UYI4

10 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

You know what is a bit interesting is if Perhaps is on the setlist, it makes me ask why.  It’s almost like maybe the locker discs came back and were listened to and it was thought as “oh yeah that’s a cool song we can use.”  Almost makes you think that what had vocals on lockers was it other than general etc.  I say that because first we get absurd which we all knew had lyrics due to it had leaked a few years before.  Then, hard skool which had been on a snippet on YouTube for years.  Now Perhaps a lockers song yet none of the others.  Just seems a bit odd. I would expect Atlas would be next or state of grace or both and that’s probably it.  It would be nice to be surprised with something random that we didn’t know existed.  (Yes I know we wouldn’t even know about those if not for locker shit)

The band certainly has a habit of preferring to release stuff that's already leaked. I think the next 4 singles Slash mentioned are Perhaps, Atlas, OMG 2, and maybe State Of Grace. I don't think Axl will ever release songs like The General or Soul Monster. He loves to hoard.

• GNFNR 1

I have no idea how to share pics, but here's an interesting tidbit on Fortus's Instagram this morning. Shared a bunch of gear photos and someone pointed out a sitar pedal and asked if that was for PTU. To which he replied "and something else you don't know about" 

Is Atlas also in the works? 

Edited by Gunner55
I am old and don't understand image sharing
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

I have no idea how to share pics, but here's an interesting tidbit on Fortus's Instagram this morning. Shared a bunch of gear photos and someone pointed out a sitar pedal and asked if that was for PTU. To which he replied "and something else you don't know about" 

Thanks for the find!

Here's the image of it:

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Good catch!

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

9 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

Don’t mind me, I’m just hoping the long layover on the singles Slash promised is because they decided to more songs for a proper album/EP release.

a guy can dream right?

Maybe that’s the plan. Which doesn’t mean much in the GNR world. I think Axl should just unload an EP right now:

OMG (studio version)

Atlas

Perhaps

Going Down

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smokingarthur said:

Maybe that’s the plan. Which doesn’t mean much in the GNR world. I think Axl should just unload an EP right now:

OMG (studio version)

Atlas

Perhaps

Going Down

Add Hard Skool and Absurd + TIL remix and it's almost an album worth of material. Man, it doesn't take that much work.

• Like 1

Just now, ShadowOfTheWave said:

So it looks like Atlas/Perhaps is indeed the next combo. Then probably OMG 2 and some other track. I really like SOG but I get the feeling it was dropped. Tommy bought the rights back to Going Down and Ten Percenter so it's not Going Down.

Yeah Going Down unfortunately isn’t happening under the GNR name and SOG was parted out. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Yeah Going Down unfortunately isn’t happening under the GNR name and SOG was parted out. 

Too bad. Going Down is my favorite thing out of the Village leaks. SOG is so bad, though. Almost Absurd level.

I've heard from a reliable source that the next single will be indeed Perhaps.

But it's a slightly revamped version and the song title has changed to Purrhaps and the single cover features one of Axls cats.

This will be interesting. 

• Haha 3

If Perhaps really is the next single I hope they changed all of it.:D

The Chorus is very weak, hidden (badly) by a ton of layers. 

The verses are ok but contain way too many "hay, hay, uaah, aaahhh" Axlisms which become quite annoying quickly.

That little Piano bit is cool though. :D

imo.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

An album with 4 already released songs. Super lame.

Well technically those songs were never released in any capacity, OMG was obviously on the End Of Days soundtrack as a demo. But the leaks don’t discredit those tracks as new simply because we chose to “illegally” listen to them in their early stages. 

9 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Well technically those songs were never released in any capacity, OMG was obviously on the End Of Days soundtrack as a demo. But the leaks don’t discredit those tracks as new simply because we chose to “illegally” listen to them in their early stages. 

While Axl called OMG a demo in 2008 I don't think it was actually intended as one when it was released in 1999. I think he was expecting the song to be a radio hit and and when it wasn't he tried to distance himself from it.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

27 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

If Perhaps really is the next single I hope they changed all of it.:D

The Chorus is very weak, hidden (badly) by a ton of layers. 

The verses are ok but contain way too many "hay, hay, uaah, aaahhh" Axlisms which become quite annoying quickly.

That little Piano bit is cool though. :D

imo.

I don’t mind it, the “hey heys” are a little over done though. Considering it’s not exactly vocally powerful compared to HS, I would hope Axl may have re-recorded his vocals for it? Would be more natural sounding compared to the Frankenstein versions of HS and Absurd.