The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

I dont understand why all people say that there will not be a new record. Im sure that they will do it,will be great? I dont think so. But first they wanted to do milions with tours. And then a new record for sure. But if the songs are at same level as absurd and hard skool...

9 minutes ago, rudolf1978 said:

I dont understand why all people say that there will not be a new record. Im sure that they will do it,will be great? I dont think so. But first they wanted to do milions with tours. And then a new record for sure. But if the songs are at same level as absurd and hard skool...

I think the stuff that Slash has been writing lately is still pretty good, and the stuff they have in the vault like Soul Monster and Oklahoma is awesome. Axl now waited long enough to release something that he can now even use AI to add rasp back to his vocals in the studio to make them great lmao (half serious here, but look at the AI thread where rasp was added into his clean vocals on Prostitute)

Either way, getting something will always be better than getting nothing.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Yes, in 2018. Then he confirms years later nothing has become of it. Slash can write all the music he wants, it doesn't make a difference if Axl isn't interested.

Nothing has become of it... yet. Cause they keep touring like maniacs and Axl is Axl. But that doesn't mean those ideas can't be used when they decide to move on.

16 minutes ago, LunsJail said:

Didn’t Bumblefoot and Ashba say that too?

I think their position in the band was ever so slightly different from that of Slash. :)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, UYI4 said:

I think the locker stuff was brought about and when they got discs it was like oh yeah these….do you guys like these? And maybe here’s a few others I’ve got. 

I think GN'R's objective to obtain those discs was because they were their property, they were rough mixes, burned on CDs from a lossy source and not master tapes that could be used outside of reference only, as stated on the discs.

Maybe it served as a small reminder that they have a lot of material, but I don't think getting them back was much more, if anything more than damage control. I'm sure they had all of it in the vault, in various forms and backups. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I think their position in the band was ever so slightly different from that of Slash. :)

Not really, not in the sense that he can make Axl write new music if he isn't inspired to do so. Axl has talked about having writers block back in the 90s when Slash and Duff were in the band. If he's not feeling it, he's not feeling it.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

Hold on, people are still thinking that there may be a 'new' album in terms of newly written material? Give that one up folks. 

A 'new' album in terms of Chinese leftovers, re-worked? It would be madness if that didn't happen. Now is the time to get it out there too, but I imagine they'll do what they did before- a couple of singles they don't promote then they'll let the momentum die again as soon as the tour ends. 

Incredibly frustrating as it seems they're on the crest of a wave at the moment. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Hold on, people are still thinking that there may be a 'new' album in terms of newly written material? Give that one up folks. 

A 'new' album in terms of Chinese leftovers, re-worked? It would be madness if that didn't happen. Now is the time to get it out there too, but I imagine they'll do what they did before- a couple of singles they don't promote then they'll let the momentum die again as soon as the tour ends. 

Incredibly frustrating as it seems they're on the crest of a wave at the moment. 

Agree on a brand new album not happening. As for a new album of reworked CD, if Slash is correct on the amount he worked on than there's not enough material done for a full album. Then again, some albums used to be that short, Rainbow Rising is only six tracks. But I don't know if that would be considered a full album nowadays.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Not really, not in the sense that he can make Axl write new music if he isn't inspired to do so. Axl has talked about having writers block back in the 90s when Slash and Duff were in the band. If he's not feeling it, he's not feeling it.

Yeah but I think that was connected with their then relationship. The hatchet has been buried. And Ashba etc. can write whatever, but I’d presume Slash’s music isn’t something Axl would take lightly. Especially it was once so hard for him to replace him. 

22 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I concur. The idea of starting from scratch, after everything Axl went through making Chinese, of the guys getting together and writing. Or even Slash and Duff composing new tracks and given them to Axl for him to write lyrics and record the tracks is nonsense. I know it's beating a dead horse and the conversation goes round and round but it's never going to happen. 

Axl has an attachment to the CD tracks and his work is done on what there is remaining vocally. The most we can hope for are one off singles, maybe one day compiled in to an album. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Because Slash said last year they want to work on a full album in fall 2023. Why does no one have the quote of that?

I have the quote. It's from the same interview where he said 4-6 new songs. But what he said was they haven't begun writing new music yet. Let alone recording. So obviously that album is nowhere near release given that is doesn't even exist !!!!!!

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

9 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Explode? Over songs that leaked 4 years ago and we've all already heard? 

Maybe you should do something else with your time if all you're gonna do on here is complain and aggressively respond to everyone, lol. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Maybe you should do something else with your time if all you're gonna do on here is complain and aggressively respond to everyone, lol. 

It's like groundhog day with people on this forum when it comes to new music. You could tell them 100 times that Slash said we're only getting 2-4 more songs and that they haven't wrote or recorded anything new, and they'll still come back the next day saying things like "I hope they release a full album soon! ... I think we'll get a full album soon ... I can't wait to hear the full album!" .... It's incredibly frustrating to read, especially when this thread, just like the previous, is full of it. Yes, we all want new music. But when the 2nd most important member of the band is telling you verbatim that there is no new music and only 4-6 old ChiDem songs are coming, how the hell can you possibly still fool yourself into thinking otherwise???

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

It's like groundhog day with people on this forum when it comes to new music. You could tell them 100 times that Slash said we're only getting 2-4 more songs and that they haven't wrote or recorded anything new, and they'll still come back the next day saying things like "I hope they release a full album soon! ... I think we'll get a full album soon ... I can't wait to hear the full album!" .... It's incredibly frustrating to read, especially when this thread, just like the previous, is full of it. Yes, we all want new music. But when the 2nd most important member of the band is telling you verbatim that there is no new music and only 4-6 old ChiDem songs are coming, how the hell can you possibly still fool yourself into thinking otherwise???

You're right. I agree with u

20 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

To me the idea of a brand new album was delusional long before Slash confirmed anything. Axl is done creatively and has been for well over a decade and anyone expecting him to write new lyrics to new Slash riffs is kidding themselves.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I agree, we'll never see a new album with newly written music. 

To be fair tho slash did say they have no new music yet but he also said they will write it after this tour. 

Although I don't believe him, the second most important member of the band is actually saying we're getting a new album. 

Best case scenario to me would be a 8-10 tracks album of reworked Chinese era leftovers.