The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

16 hours ago, kanecrescente said:

All of this waffling can be condensed into 3 simple words - Pele was right!

If The General is among the two next singles to be released, then Pele was wrong on 2 out of the 3 things I disagreed with him (that the next two singles would be Perhaps and Atlas Shrugged and that no unheard vocals recorded after 1999 exists).

I said this before and I’ll say it again.

Oh my god has been in the setlist and was never played (after 2001) so…it doesnt mean much.

Its better than anything in the sense it means they acknoledge the song and work on it but thats it for now.

It would be a SHAME if they dont release a finished SOG…the best leak 

16 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

If The General is among the two next singles to be released, then Pele was wrong on 2 out of the 3 things I disagreed with him (that the next two singles would be Perhaps and Atlas Shrugged and that no unheard vocals recorded after 1999 exists).

We know Pele was wrong because of Scraped, Sorry, Better, Blood In The Water, some of the leaked remixes with post-'99 vocals.

On top of that, we have members and associates of the band stating Axl recorded vocals well into the 2000s, and even beyond 2008. 

10 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

We know Pele was wrong because of Scraped, Sorry, Better, Blood In The Water, some of the leaked remixes with post-'99 vocals.

On top of that, we have members and associates of the band stating Axl recorded vocals well into the 2000s, and even beyond 2008. 

I think he did backtrack on stuff when we pointed out Scraped. However I do think there are limited vocals leftover based on Hard Skool having those recycled heys from Eye on You. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Pele did always say The General would be one of the only few that they could release (due to already recorded vocals). 

Also, we still have no actual indication that song is coming. That set list evidence is not strong at all. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

However I do think there are limited vocals leftover based on Hard Skool having those recycled heys from Eye on You. 

Right, but the vocals from Eye On You recycled for Hard Skool could have been placeholder for Eye On You, then re-used instead of discarded. Eye On You may very well have been completed. All it really needed was a little more instrumentation, a guitar solo, a little more lyrics and it would be a fun full song. Not bad as it was either, just different. 

10 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

This is why I will never stream, no matter how dated owning media becomes.

My local indie record shop went out of business last summer. I still haven't recovered. We're just goddamned dinosaurs.

• Sad 1

What keeps me thinking is... why The General? Like, they're releasing the songs that leaked in 2019, except for that one. Is It because Axl knows it's the most fabled song, the holy grail for most of us? Is It because it's a really good? Or is it because it did leak in some shape or form in the locker demos? Is It a reworked State of Grace after all?  It would have to be substantially rework to match de cellphone leak. 

Anyway if, we do get Perhaps and The General, I'd be pretty happy. To be honest, if we get officially released Perhaps, The General, Soul Monster and Seven, I'd be pretty much satisfied with the Chinese era. Anything else is just groovy.

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

But the general has been heard. Pele was right. 

27 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

But the general has been heard. Pele was right. 

Soul Monster is so desperate for Pele to be wrong because he invested so many months and years arguing with him, and since Pele has been banned and those arguments forced to be over, Pele's argument has only continued to be given more and more reason to be correct.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jeffc2022 said:

What about that clip duff posted to his Instagram in march where it sounded like axl was singing “never never be” did everyone forget about that because it sounded just like him what if that’s the song we’ve never heard Richard is talking about 

I know that has a 1% chance of happening 

Probably one of his new solo songs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jeffc2022 said:

What about that clip duff posted to his Instagram in march where it sounded like axl was singing “never never be” did everyone forget about that because it sounded just like him what if that’s the song we’ve never heard Richard is talking about 

I know that has a 1% chance of happening 

Axl was singing Metallica at a karaoke. 

• Haha 2