The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

26 minutes ago, Billy Cundy said:

Why was Pele banned? The Lore on this forum is fascinating. It’s almost as interesting as the band itself. One of y’all need to write a book

For the general sanity, health and wellbeing of the people posting here mainly! 

Everything became about '99 vocals' and it was like kids in a school canteen having a food fight. 

I'm of the view that he should come back though, at least for a limited time!  

Edited by allwaystired
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

For the general sanity, health and wellbeing of the people posting here mainly! 

Everything became about '99 vocals' and it was like kids in a school canteen having a food fight. 

I'm of the view that he should come back though, at least for a limited time!  

14 minutes ago, jamillos said:

The fact that he autistically repeated the same shit forever wasn't as bad as the fact he kept ruining every single thread he set foot in with it. 

Get this header back on ‘ere, sounds like a pure laff

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

He claimed that the next two singles would be Perhaps and Atlas Shrugged, that no music existed with vocals recorded after 1999 except what we had already heard, and that there would never be a new album. Except for the 'no music with vocals after '99' argument his opinions aren't unreasonable. I mean, it is entirely okay to believe that Perhaps and Atlas are the next singles, I would say it is plausible (well, maybe less so now if The General is really on the setlists). The same with no new album, that's a legit thing to think. In the short term, say the next 3-4 years, I find it likely, too. As for his claim that there is no music existing with vocals recorded after '99 that we haven't heard, that one is less plausible considering the fact that Axl himself pointed to having recorded vocals for Soul Monster, that Tommy mentioned Axl had recorded consistently, and that we know sessions took place which resulted in vocals for songs like Scraped and Better after 1999 and that it is reasonable to assume Axl also recorded additional vocals in those sessions. It ius kind of mind-boggling to think that everything that was recorded after '99 had either been released or leaked. What are the odds of that? But anyway, my problem with all this isn't necessarily his opinions as such, most of which are fair enough, but how inflexible he was to accept any possibility of being wrong. Basically, he held rational opinions with irrational conviction.

As for whether he has been proven right, not at all, of course :)

Better's demo was deliberately leaked in 2006, Axl's voice is completely different from the 1999 demos, so I assume he had some surgery on his vocal cords in 2003, as they had booked Rock in Rio Lisboa, and maybe recorded Better, This I Love remix, and other songs between 2004—2006, so it's plausible that he recorded other songs in that time

Edited by TheSlashrose

13 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Better's demo was deliberately leaked in 2006, Axl's voice is completely different from the 1999 demos, so I assume he had some surgery on his vocal cords in 2003, as they had booked Rock in Rio Lisboa, and maybe recorded Better, This I Love remix, and other songs between 2004—2006, so it's plausible that he recorded other songs in that time

I thought the TIL remix was recorded far later than that? Throw the Scraped vox in around 2004 to 2006, General, Soul etc. 

29 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Yeah.

I just don't find it plausible that Axl would record vocals after 1999 for songs that would all either be released (on Chinese Democracy, Loony Tunes) or all leaked (General, remix album) with nothing remaining. The extensive recordings from before 2000 were for most part unknown to us until the locker leaks - why should everything he recorded afterwards all have been leaked at various instances or released, with nothing remaining unheard? What's the odds of that? Makes little sense to me. And then we have indications from Axl himself that he recorded vocals to unheard music (Soul Monster) and Tommy saying Axl recorded vocals every year.

I think people are trying desperately to align the fact that they dislike Hardskool and Absurd, containing old vocals, to mean there is nothing else remaining and hence Axl simply couldn't have recorded more. It is post-rationalizing. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yeah.

I just don't find it plausible that Axl would record vocals after 1999 for songs that would all either be released (on Chinese Democracy, Loony Tunes) or all leaked (General, remix album) with nothing remaining. The extensive recordings from before 2000 were for most part unknown to us until the locker leaks - why should everything he recorded afterwards all have been leaked at various instances or released, with nothing remaining unheard? What's the odds of that? Makes little sense to me. And then we have indications from Axl himself that he recorded vocals to unheard music (Soul Monster) and Tommy saying Axl recorded vocals every year.

I think people are trying desperately to align the fact that they dislike Hardskool and Absurd, containing old vocals, to mean there is nothing else remaining and hence Axl simply couldn't have recorded more. It is post-rationalizing. 

To be honest I believe there was something recorded before the 1999 OMG recording session, I don't think Axl only recorded OMG up to that point. We know that Axl was in the studio for several years, going back to 1994, so what was recorded and released was Sympathy For The Devil and OMG, just two songs. I don't think Axl recorded just that, counting 14 songs on the CD, and the Village leaks, so I believe Axl recorded hundreds of vocals for those songs. We know This I Love is a 1993 song, that vocal reminds me of UYI, so I don't know, that wasn't recorded in 1999, TIL's vocals were recorded way before 1999, maybe 96—98, because we can still hear it old Axl over there.

What do you think  ? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yeah.

I agree with a lot of this too. But Slash also said that the songs he worked on they kept Axls vocal and the original drums. So, there's a very good chance that if Perhaps comes out then the vocal will be exactly what we heard already.

It just doesn't sound right. But had I no reference between leaks and the released tracks maybe I'd feel differently.

26 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

To be honest I believe there was something recorded before the 1999 OMG recording session, I don't think Axl only recorded OMG up to that point. We know that Axl was in the studio for several years, going back to 1994, so what was recorded and released was Sympathy For The Devil and OMG, just two songs. I don't think Axl recorded just that, counting 14 songs on the CD, and the Village leaks, so I believe Axl recorded hundreds of vocals for those songs. We know This I Love is a 1993 song, that vocal reminds me of UYI, so I don't know, that wasn't recorded in 1999, TIL's vocals were recorded way before 1999, maybe 96—98, because we can still hear it old Axl over there.

What do you think  ? 

Oh, I agree completely with everything you say. I am certain there were previous sessions. Just look at Hard School. it was a complete song existing in only one version in the locker leaks whereas Atlas Shrugged was obviously being worked at with about 245 versions. This suggests to me that Hard School had been finalized in earlier recording sessions and that there likely exists, somewhere, a bunch of DATs containing Axl's vocal tracks for that song. Actually, the locker leaks don't contain much vocal tracks at all. It was instrumental experimenting and tracking new songs. The vocals all seems to have been from earlier recordings. Who knows what else existed from those earlier recordings? But most likely, whatever it was, wasn't considered for release on the album (like Oh My God).

13 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I agree with a lot of this too. But Slash also said that the songs he worked on they kept Axls vocal and the original drums. So, there's a very good chance that if Perhaps comes out then the vocal will be exactly what we heard already.

It just doesn't sound right. But had I no reference between leaks and the released tracks maybe I'd feel differently.

I agree, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Axl was happy enough with old vocal tracks for Perhaps to not have recorded new vocals specifically for a release today. But he could have worked on those vocals in other sessions, like in 2006. He seems to think that if the vocals were good enough in 2001, they are good enough today. And I suppose that makes sense. 

2 hours ago, Lio said:

How could State of Grace be the same as that General phone clip? How very odd. Plus the guy from the phone clip is a member here, wouldn't he have said that State of Grace was the song he heard as The General? It doesn't sound at all alike to me.

One would argue you could say the same thing about Shacklers from the Village leaks and the the official release. It’s barely recognizable.  

16 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

One would argue you could say the same thing about Shacklers from the Village leaks and the the official release. It’s barely recognizable.  

Get your point but Shackler’s was a dingy basement demo whereas SoG had been produced and had actual vocals. That said, I don’t anticipate that SoG is actually The General

2 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Get your point but Shackler’s was a dingy basement demo whereas SoG had been produced and had actual vocals. That said, I don’t anticipate that SoG is actually The General

I was about to argue that you're right, when Axl has added vocals, which is typically the last thing he does, the song is pretty much fixed, but then I remembered Oh My God and how that song changed (while keeping the vocals fixed). So maybe State of Grace has gone through something similar to what happened to Oh My God. Still, it seems to me that that the jury is pretty much on the fence regarding whether the songs are very similar or not, and the attempts at deciphering the lyrics of The General that I have seen, ends up with something unlike State of Grace.

4 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

Why was Pele banned? The Lore on this forum is fascinating. It’s almost as interesting as the band itself. One of y’all need to write a book

Basically everybody kept petitioning for him to be banned because they were upset that Pele would constantly challenge them on their silly beliefs that new music was coming ... He was the only interesting part of this forum and since he's been banned it has been very dry and bland

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/14/2023 at 2:08 PM, rumandraisin said:

I think he did backtrack on stuff when we pointed out Scraped. However I do think there are limited vocals leftover based on Hard Skool having those recycled heys from Eye on You. 

He backtracked on everything and moved around things so that he could continue arguing with everyone whenever anything came up that made him wrong, lol.