The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

4 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Imagine how huge this band could actually be if they had good management and did the PR work. 

They could have used an event like Glastonbury to release music and sell well. 

It's a real shame that they don't. 

They are GnR, they get access to any type of media they want when they release a new album. If they want it,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

Imagine how huge this band could actually be if they had good management and did the PR work. 

How can they? Axl won’t stand for it. Anyone who has qualified managerial experience, tenacity, passion and leadership will bump heads with Axl immediately and be terminated. 

Not that I think it would happen but to agree with above ideas, this would be the perfect time to bring out a couple new/reworked CD tunes for release. 

The one-two punch of the good publicity of the Glastonbury gig, and then their next show later in the week keeping the publicity going by dropping some new songs I think would be super smart - which is why I doubt it will go down that way lol

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JimiRose said:

There is no better time in the past 10 years for GnR to release new music than right now. They are top of trends on twitter, on BBC, they're being watched by 10 million people in the uk, in all the newspapers. The are never ever going to get free press like this again, can't this band just do one thing right and release an Ep of the remaining 4 tracks or all as singles weekly for the next month? They're not willing to do any promotion, but they just did by doing glastonbury, release it now!!!! Common sense ffs!

Umm, yeah. They missed the boat on all the best times to ever release music in the last 10,15,20 years…….

2017 would have been the year. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, JimiRose said:

There is no better time in the past 10 years for GnR to release new music than right now. They are top of trends on twitter, on BBC, they're being watched by 10 million people in the uk, in all the newspapers. The are never ever going to get free press like this again, can't this band just do one thing right and release an Ep of the remaining 4 tracks or all as singles weekly for the next month? They're not willing to do any promotion, but they just did by doing glastonbury, release it now!!!! Common sense ffs!

When GNR release something it will still get picked up by the press. IF GNR were really interested in getting the word out all they have to do is grant an interview with Slash and Axl together to talk about the new songs and bish, bash, bosh the the whole rock press will be all over it. 

Hyde Park is another date that everybody will be looking at (less of a big deal) which is also broadcast, so there's a good opportunity to release a single or whatever before that. I wouldn't expect it, but nobody expected the other two singles when they arrived. 

I think it's news whenever GNR do anything that isn't just another show, it might not seed into the mainstream but the rock press love talking about GNR. Now is an excellent time to write a new record. I just don't see Perhaps setting the world on fire, I could be wrong though, I haven't heard the updated version. But if they played it in Glasgow once word got out it would be newsworthy.

The only thing that would make GNR relevant to the type of audience member at Glastonbury or much of the variety festivals is if GNR paired up with a young artist like Post malone, Billie Eilish etc, etc. That's the only way they are checking out a new GNR song, but I don't anticipate that happening... but I never would have thought Metallica would duet with Lady gaga or Miley Cyrus, so anything is possible

19 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Love how your first sentence is "imagine how huge this band could be" and you follow it up by pointing out that they just headlined one of the biggest festivals in the world.  Good lord the irony :facepalm:

Edited by Bitchisback
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Common sense would be perform a new single on the glastonbury show and with all that exposure would be the best promotion.

7 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Umm, yeah. They missed the boat on all the best times to ever release music in the last 10,15,20 years…….

2017 would have been the year. 

2096 was arguably the biggest missed opportunity. Everything was in place, the hype, the tour, Axl actually appearing at award shows and in public... How Better never got released as a single followed by the album in late 2006 was possibly the biggest GNR cock up. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

I don't think a new album will affect their popularity much. It's actually a risk. I'll give you an example...

In my country (Netherlands) we have an artist that has created some nice rock music in the past (Anouk). But her latest albums were mainly boring (less rock, more ballads) and when she was scheduled to perform near my area, I didn't care. And I didn't go.

So that day I sat in my garden and could actually hear her perform in the distance... and you know what? It sounded great! She played quite a few rock songs, some classics, there were nice guitar solo's, everything.

And i was like "damn, that sounds totally different from what I expected based upon her latest releases". I should have been at the concert.

So if Guns N Roses releases an album that isn't great it might actually hurt them.

They really have to believe in the success of their new music. Almost to a point that at least half of the album sounds like "classic Guns N Roses".

Sure, I still believe they can pull that off... but it isn't easy.

Edited by Lethalis
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Lethalis said:

I don't think a new album will affect their popularity much. It's actually a risk. I'll give you an example...

In my country (Netherlands) we have an artist that has created some nice rock music in the past (Anouk). But her latest albums were mainly boring (less rock, more ballads) and when she was scheduled to perform near my area, I didn't care. And I didn't go.

So that day I sat in my garden and could actually hear her perform in the distance... and you know what? It sounded great! She played quite a few rock songs, some classics, there were nice guitar solo's, everything.

And i was like "damn, that sounds totally different from what I expected based upon her latest releases". I should have been at the concert.

So if Guns N Roses releases an album that isn't great it might actually hurt them.

They really have to believe in the success of their new music. Almost to a point that at least half of the album sounds like "classic Guns N Roses".

Sure, I still believe they can pull that off... but it isn't easy.

They need to release anything. This is a band that goes on as a top billing band yet has no catalog to back up their status. Their legacy rests on essentially two releases. 

1 hour ago, jimisbatman said:

If this is regards to the Oasis song, and whilst they're in the UK, your a legend, that's so funny.  

I thought it was a reference to that Bon Jovi song that they kept playing everywhere in the early 2000's. "It's my life/ It's now or never/ But I ain't gonna live forever", sth like that...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

They need to release anything. This is a band that goes on as a top billing band yet has no catalog to back up their status. Their legacy rests on essentially two releases. 

And yet it works so no, they don't _need_ to release anything.

22 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

AFD and Chinese Democracy :) 

• Haha 1