The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

10 hours ago, alangarcianr said:

i think the general built some hype around it because of the title of the song, same as Atlas or Oklahoma

songs with weaker titles like ‘curly shuffle’ of ‘devious bastard’ have less epic titles so we unconsciously think they’re not great epic 8 minute songs 

Didn't Sebastion Bach say he heard it and it was "epic " or something like that?  Way to much time as passed, and it will never satisfy people.

13 hours ago, alangarcianr said:

i think the general built some hype around it because of the title of the song, same as Atlas or Oklahoma

songs with weaker titles like ‘curly shuffle’ of ‘devious bastard’ have less epic titles so we unconsciously think they’re not great epic 8 minute songs 

Those song titles are also only known because of the leaks ... Of which we've heard the full songs so there is no mystery, unless of course you're one of the crazies that think complete lyrics and recorded  vocals for those tracks exists lol 

3 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

Didn't Sebastion Bach say he heard it and it was "epic " or something like that?  Way to much time as passed, and it will never satisfy people.

If I recall, he described it as the angriest he's ever heard Axl, or something to that effect. He also spoke well of Sorry, which he happened to be on, but Sorry is a kick ass song. Just from the production alone, every track off of ChiDem can be considered epic. It is, quite literally, an epic album start to finish. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Those song titles are also only known because of the leaks ... Of which we've heard the full songs so there is no mystery, unless of course you're one of the crazies that think complete lyrics and recorded  vocals for those tracks exists lol 

it's very possible that there are versions of these tunes which have complete lyrics and vocals imo

Having Hard Skool, Perhaps & Atlas laying around and going with Absurd as the first single is pretty bizzare. It’s almost as strange as having Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O’ Mine & Paradise City laying around & going with It’s So Easy as the first single….

• GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 hours ago, The Matinator said:

Having Hard Skool, Perhaps & Atlas laying around and going with Absurd as the first single is pretty bizzare. It’s almost as strange as having Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O’ Mine & Paradise City laying around & going with It’s So Easy as the first single….

....or having Better, TWAT, Street of Dreams , Prostitute laying around and going with Chinese Democracy as the first single.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Illusion1987 said:

....or having Better, TWAT, Street of Dreams , Prostitute laying around and going with Chinese Democracy as the first single.

LOL! Yeah it’s interesting how they’ve promoted that album. Chinese isn’t a really a bad single. But Street of Dreams seems like an odd choice. I feel like a radio friendly version of Madagascar or even Riad would’ve made more sense 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Illusion1987 said:

I can understand CD being the first single, honestly. It's a fairly straightforward GNR-style rocker with an intro that almost evokes WTTJ.

Of course, it probably wasn't the best choice since it totally misrepresents the rest of the album.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

People also said the same thing about Atlas, then it got leaked and the universe went... mild. :shrugs:

Man if Better were released 98-2000 during years I was jr/sr in high school it would’ve been massive as a single IMO.  Really pre-2003.  I think that’s when a lot of music really took a crap.  The whole Emo/screamo crying stuff.  Grown men sounded like they were castrated.  Made no sense to a 21 year old me at that time. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

Man if Better were released 98-2000 during years I was jr/sr in high school it would’ve been massive as a single IMO.  Really pre-2003.  I think that’s when a lot of music really took a crap.  The whole Emo/screamo crying stuff.  Grown men sounded like they were castrated.  Made no sense to a 21 year old me at that time. 

As someone who went through an AFI phase in the mid-2000s in middle and high school I take this personally :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

As someone who went through an AFI phase in the mid-2000s in middle and high school I take this personally :lol:

Eh AFI was cool man.  At least up until 2003/04ish. I really liked their records prior to sing the sorrow.  Reminded me of a modern misfits at least at that time. 

What is the next step - some kind of release must be coming soon 

-- Perhaps soundchecked, General on setlist

-- Band photos by Ross Halfin (both concert photos and at least "band photos" of Slash/Duff, may be a lot of photos not yet shown. lets hope a full band picture for some kind of release)

-- Studio time in Norway (both recording of Slash guitar tracks and listening to new mixes mentioned)

-- Axl looks motivated (for something!?)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, betterman said:

-- Band photos by Ross Halfin (both concert photos and at least "band photos" of Slash/Duff, may be a lot of photos not yet shown. lets hope a full band picture for some kind of release)

-- Studio time in Norway (both recording of Slash guitar tracks and listening to new mixes mentioned)

They're thinking of maybe releasing Perhaps at some point this year but Axl wasn't happy with it so they recorded a few more takes in Norway.

I wouldn't get too excited when it comes to Guns :lol:

7 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Frank: we'll hope to play perhaps soon. We know how to play it. It'll be a spontaneous thing. 

That's what he just told me in Frankfurt. He didn't know if it'll be in Europe or not

Well done for asking him. Pretty much what we already knew though. 

The band know it, it's ready to be played.....but could never happen. Absolutely bonkers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, betterman said:

Most likely scenario is Perhaps given the soundcheck. We won't get The General..... That's just wishful thinking, would love it though. 

Like how MJ estate released the updated song along with the original on the deluxe edition of posthumous album Xscape. Wish GNR did that. 

Edited by jimisbatman
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Frank: we'll hope to play perhaps soon. We know how to play it. It'll be a spontaneous thing. 

That's what he just told me in Frankfurt. He didn't know if it'll be in Europe or not

nice, my guess is that Perhaps is going to be released this year, most likely. The way it goes with Axl, is that he's capable of always delaying or not releasing a piece of music cause he doesn't feel like doing it anymore, but he seems to be in a good place in his life right now which is why I'm very optimistic about us getting at least Perhaps soon, like Frank said.

47 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Man, why don't ask for The General also😁

1 hour ago, jimisbatman said:

Most likely scenario is Perhaps given the soundcheck. We won't get The General..... That's just wishful thinking, would love it though. 

Like how MJ estate released the updated song along with the original on the deluxe edition of posthumous album Xscape. Wish GNR did that. 

Let's be positive people, there is still time for GNR to do it posthumously!

• Sad 2

if I was a betting man, I would put a lot of money on at least 1 tune getting released this year by Gn'R, probably just 1. My biased guess as a long time Gn'R fan is that we're only gonna get Perhaps this year if we're lucky, but of course you never know with Axl.

• Like 1