The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

That's the best he can say at this point.

But the news here is that he has recorded/is going to record a new solo album with guest singers that will be released in 2024. Well... at least that will be more interesting than another SMKC album.

And the recording in the studio in Norway was for his guest spot on the Demi Lovato song.

The sight of Axl and Slash was in a different studio. The guitar part for Demi Lovato was in a different place that the one with Axl.

For the way Slash sound GNR Will have a touring hiatus in 2024, so the logic in this case tell me GNR will not release an album in the near future. Why release something if you will not promote It? I'm sad....

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

The sight of Axl and Slash was in a different studio. The guitar part for Demi Lovato was in a different place that the one with Axl 

Yeah and that post said that Axl and Slash were there to listened new GnR mixes. Unless they confused Demis voice with Axls 😄

8 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

The sight of Axl and Slash was in a different studio. The guitar part for Demi Lovato was in a different place that the one with Axl.

For the way Slash sound GNR Will have a touring hiatus in 2024, so the logic in this case tell me GNR will not release an album in the near future. Why release something if you will not promote It? I'm sad....

Axl didn't tour in 2008 when Chinese Democracy was released.

They don't need to tour to promote an album and they don't need an album to promote a tour. The industry doesn't work that way anymore. Nobody buys music.  It's not 1991

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

They don't need to tour to promote an album and they don't need an album to promote a tour. The industry doesn't work that way anymore. Nobody buys music.  It's not 1991

Artists don't need an album to promote a tour if:

- It's been a while since they toured that country/city/continent

- Their popularity is really high (think of Beyonce, Coldplay, Taylor Swift, Metallica)

- They have been part of some kind of media exposure (Master of Puppets on Stranger Things, Rihanna's pregnancy announcement, etc..)

- It's a farewell, reunion or anniversary/legacy tour

In the case of GnR, it's a reunion tour but it's been going on for such a long time, it's no longer novelty for the countries they have already visited (some twice). So in their case, yes, GnR is a huge name that wouldn't need a new album in the case of high media exposure, farewell or anniversary tours but if they plan on continuously touring for an undetermined amount of time, going through the same cities repeatedly, new music would suit them as it comes with interviews, reviews, articles, streaming highlights, etc... If they don't plan on stopping the touring for a while, it would be the right move, IMO. 

1 hour ago, Bitchisback said:

The industry doesn't work that way anymore. Nobody buys music.  It's not 1991

It still does though. Many/most artists still tour off an album. Whether it is the album selling or not. Or what was the M72 referencing in this summers Metallica-tour? A lot of merch had the yellow design off the albums cover. Weird.  Why. The industry doesn't work that way anymore.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

That's the best he can say at this point.

But the news here is that he has recorded/is going to record a new solo album with guest singers that will be released in 2024. Well... at least that will be more interesting than another SMKC album.

And the recording in the studio in Norway was for his guest spot on the Demi Lovato song.

I think he's already recorded the solo album, that must've been his pandemic project. Hopefully there will be more SMKC after that though.

So where's this Slash blues album news? TBH I'd love another Slash and friends type record, so we get a good variety of singers and Tyler would be great! Can't believe they have never properly colaborated at this point after tons of live moments together.

So the feeling is now, Axl was in the studio to do a track for Slash's solo record?!? (To test the waters?) Thought it was GNR mixes they were listening to? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think he's already recorded the solo album, that must've been his pandemic project. Hopefully there will be more SMKC after that though.

Wasn't "4" his pandemic project?

He probably has recorded the solo album (or most of it), yes. Not during covid, though, but in early 2023. He had told Eddie Trunk in late 2022 that in early 2023 he would be recording.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

So where's this Slash blues album news? TBH I'd love another Slash and friends type record, so we get a good variety of singers and Tyler would be great! Can't believe they have never properly colaborated at this point after tons of live moments together.

So the feeling is now, Axl was in the studio to do a track for Slash's solo record?!? (To test the waters?) Thought it was GNR mixes they were listening to? 

It’s in the link @Blackstar posted at the top of this page - so far we know Demi Lovato is one of the guest singers, then he says he isn’t saying any more about it but it’s coming out in 2024. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Draguns said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/slash-the-breach-all-star-album-demi-lovato-232723579.html

He also has Guns N’ Roses tour dates booked through October, but as for his possibly most anticipated future project — long-rumored new GNR music — he plays coy again. “It comes out when it comes out,” he says with a big grin. “So, you know, just stay tuned.”

again that weirdo with the snake?

4 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

An all-star blues-oriented solo album from Slash? Count me in! That's pretty damn great news :headbang:

I wonder if Steven Tyler is one of the guests, since they were pictured together in the studio a few months ago :book:

Also, would be cool if there was one red-headed guest singer too :smiley-confused2:

Axl would have to write lyrics and melodies for his guest spot, so... It would be really cool if he did.

32 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Maybe they didn't listen to GN'R mixes, but to mixes for a Slash solo song Axl sang on? That would explain why Duff wasn't there. On the other hand, it's not very likely that Axl would do that, considering that he would also need to write lyrics, too.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

There's been two visits to studios recently. The first was only Slash with Mike Harting. Mike said it was a recording for a big American artist. This was the recording for Levoto (or whatever she's called). Then on a separate occasion both Axl and Slash visited a studio to listen to mixes. I don't think this is related to Slash's solo project, but more likely listening to new GN'R releases (live music or a forthcoming single) or live mixes in preparation for the show at Glastonbury. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

There's been two visits to studios recently. The first was only Slash with Mike Harting. Mike said it was a recording for a big American artist. This was the recording for Levoto (or whatever she's called). Then on a separate occasion both Axl and Slash visited a studio to listen to mixes. I don't think this is related to Slash's solo project, but more likely listening to new GN'R releases (live music or a forthcoming single) or live mixes in preparation for the show at Glastonbury. 

I really hope it wasn’t that after the shambles at the start of that show! 🤣

Edited by DTJ80

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

It's all positive, matter what, I guess....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, betterman said:

Big grin from Slash when asked about new GNR music is positive! It will come out and sounds like its more than a couple of songs

I actually interpreted the grin and the quote in a negative manner, but i hope youre right and he's got a reason to be happy.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, betterman said:

Big grin from Slash when asked about new GNR music is positive! It will come out and sounds like its more than a couple of songs

He's probably just smiling because he's tired of that question.

• Like 3