The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

12 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

What if The General is completed BUT it's just an instrumental song...?

There was an interview years ago with Sebastian Bach and he was waxing poetically about how badass Axl’s vocals were and how it was a sequel to estranged. I don’t remember the quote exactly and I am paraphrasing 😂 

3 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

I just wish we could get that full original recording, with the NU GNR members, instead of Slash and Duff, which is what we'll probably end up getting, if anything.

I do, too, but ultimately I just want to hear any version (with vocals) of it released. lol Also, I do think Slash could do a killer solo on it, as much as I also want to listen to Buckethead's version.

Anyone here remember when Duff ir someone from his team went and retrieved the 96 Izzy demos from that storage facility that had the Velvet Revolver stage lighting? I think the two songs listed in the tapes were Toothsayer or Toothpuller and Machine Gun or something like that? I wonder if anything from those sessions makes a future album? I know, “future album lol” 

3 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

...And Brain said on that YT podcast that Axl recorded vocals for The General...so I guess so. All that effort and no will to put them out, perhaps the older mellower Axl is far away from the feelings of these songs...after all, he was pretty angry around the writing of all this...

And yet it seems to be one the two songs they're willing to release soon (whenever soon is lol). I know it's always an uncertainty with this band, but there's a lot of smoke this time and people also thought they would never release Hard Skool, and yet they did.

9 minutes ago, novemberparadise23 said:

There was an interview years ago with Sebastian Bach and he was waxing poetically about how badass Axl’s vocals were and how it was a sequel to estranged. I don’t remember the quote exactly and I am paraphrasing 😂 

I remember that...I guess it may have a long instrumental beginning or at least the bed of music M.B made for it has legs as they used to go several minutes pre-cpnxert with that intro. What's our facts again for knowing that was definately The General for the intro? It sounds like a much fuller and more epic song than anything from Village shizzle...which is cool and after all, we should remember that stuff was 2000, surely there could/was many sessions to advance and record other stuff in the 8 years post those studio days....I'm sure there may be other lockers out there with discs from studio sessions in 2001-2007! 

Edited by colonizedmind

3 minutes ago, CaioAKR said:

And yet it seems to be one the two songs they're willing to release soon (whenever soon is lol). I know it's always an uncertainty with this band, but there's a lot of smoke this time and people also thought they would never release Hard Skool, and yet they did.

Tons of smoke but yet the band's history makes as completely paranoid and filled with anxiety that it'll happen...understandably....I just want it out, so we can talk about it/enjoy it...and move on to moaning about something else, like why can't I buy Pittman's towels anymore! 

3 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Out of curiosity - how do we know this is confirmed? I'm not as up to date on the ever-evolving list of what's out there, what's changed, etc. I just heard the cellphone clip recently and couldn't pick apart any vocals. Also, when was it listed as a set alternate? 

I just keep reading your comments about the leak... And I need to say, there's no doubt about it. That's Axl, I don't know if you would need to listen to an audio enhaced version, because some people did some, but listening to it while using headphones, that's clearly Axl, there's no doubt about it.

But the most good sounding part to me is the guitar riff, which sounds epic IMO

This video, at 1:38 shows perfectly were Axl's vocals are

17 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Tons of smoke but yet the band's history makes as completely paranoid and filled with anxiety that it'll happen...understandably....I just want it out, so we can talk about it/enjoy it...and move on to moaning about something else, like why can't I buy Pittman's towels anymore! 

I'm the same. I'm just focusing as much as I can on other hobbies and trying to will The General (and Perhaps) into existance at every concert. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:
1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

They love that us pain in the arse die hards are literally crying out for new music, whilst they coin it in from the casuals paying top dollar for gig tix.

It’s a control thing.

Are they (Axl) even aware of us though?

This is what it boils down to. There is no reason to release music. From the band's point of view they sell tickets and endlessly tour the world. No one is asking for music to be released apart from the remaining hardcore fans here. 

They know full well that the die hards are aching for new music imo.

Christ, even the other night, Dizzy tinkles a few notes from Perhaps and Axl retorts ‘now that’s cheating’ 

Kinda sad really 🫤

• Wow 1

12 minutes ago, CaioAKR said:

I'm the same. I'm just focusing as much as I can on other hobbies and trying to will The General (and Perhaps) into existance at every concert. lol

Yeah, I've stepped back a load too. When the tour leg finished without Perhaps getting played, I checked out quite a bit mentally with all this. 

10 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

They know full well that the die hards are aching for new music imo.

Christ, even the other night, Dizzy tinkles a few notes from Perhaps and Axl retorts ‘now that’s cheating’ 

Kinda sad really 🫤

During what song? Curious to check the video out.

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

Are they (Axl) even aware of us though?

This is what it boils down to. There is no reason to release music. From the band's point of view they sell tickets and endlessly tour the world. No one is asking for music to be released apart from the remaining hardcore fans here. 

This is it, honestly. It sucks, but they can literally afford to be apathetic and arse around the remaining GNR die hards about new music. It’s that simple, however ugly it may be.

If new music was a priority on any level…it would be a priority…and time and time again we’ve seen that it’s just not.

Edited by Nick85

18 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Check out the first 20 seconds

Can’t really hear Perhaps in those few notes? ‘Perhaps’ I’m wrong though. I also don’t think Dizzy would be brave enough to do that 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTV88 said:

Anyone here remember when Duff ir someone from his team went and retrieved the 96 Izzy demos from that storage facility that had the Velvet Revolver stage lighting? I think the two songs listed in the tapes were Toothsayer or Toothpuller and Machine Gun or something like that? I wonder if anything from those sessions makes a future album? I know, “future album lol” 

It was three songs. Tooth Puller, Machine Gun (not sure if it’s a cover of the Hendrix song but probably), and Down By the Ocean.

Dizzy mentioned Tooth Puller in an interview some years later and said it was really stupid. It was just about going to the dentist and the chorus was just “gotta get my tooth pulled, gotta get my tooth pulled.”

Axl said in 2008 that they were still working on Down By the Ocean, but a lot of people suspect that Izzy turned it into his solo song Box.

• Like 1

I'd be more interested in Me and My Elvis / Soulmonster with vocals than Perhaps or The General. But maybe that's just me.

I really like the Me and My Elvis instrumental. Didn't Axl once say that he recorded vocals for that song?

Anyways... Perhaps should have been released already. This is taking too long and might amount to nothing at all unfortunately.

• Like 3