The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Be great to be able to discuss a new album wouldn't it, rather than Axl's sartorial choices.....

Ah well. I'll move it on to the next stage- that unfiltered Stella he's drinking is pretty good. Tried it for the first time last week and was impressed. 

As much as I fanboy out when this band does something interesting every 20 years, I never get how others can prattle on about how Axl looks for pages on end. That’s next level.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I don't know if there's malicious intent. I don't think so.

It's probably just that when media outlets are looking for related pictures to accompany their news articles, they're looking at agencies. And since GN'R don't allow media photographers at their own shows, the only available pictures from news/photo agencies are from GN'R performances at festivals (the picture in question is from Austin City Limits). Recent articles have started using pictures from Glastonbury.

Well yeah i mean, not malicious intent as in "Lets harm William Axl Rose, fuck him" i see it more as, "we know that photo looks like shit, let's use that specific one anyway" (besides if there is wide availability of photos or not)

Like most "What happened to Axl Rose's vocals (or just Axl)" vids on YT (english or spanish). It's almost like they HAVE to show him as a washed up fat fuck.

I remember i was still in college (there a lot of superficial jerks in there) during the early years of the reunion and people would laugh at me for being into GNR that much, because of Axl.

But then i realized it was mainly because a ton of entertainment pages on Facebook were using the 2010 fat Axl in white shirt photo for everything lol, and a lot of casuals maybe believed it was from 2016. That's mostly what i 've noticed. And it might be happening again, but this time no one cares as much anymore.

I hope they all start using Glastonbury photos from now on like you said, the guy is putting effort on his personal image and that deserves awareness.

Edited by metalavenger99
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I don't know if there's malicious intent. I don't think so.

It's probably just that when media outlets are looking for related pictures to accompany their news articles, they're looking at agencies. And since GN'R don't allow media photographers at their own shows, the only available pictures from news/photo agencies are from GN'R performances at festivals (the picture in question is from Austin City Limits). Recent articles have started using pictures from Glastonbury.

It’s almost like an algorithm.  They search a photo, that one comes up, they click on it, thereby keeping the algorithms going. 

• Like 1

Well, I was a journalist for 20 years and I can say that people often chose the picture by what they think it will generate more clicks. Every single story about Axl has this "look how decadent he is" angle for this reason too. 

Also, people from the Entertainment section tends to be more inclined to the alternative and trendy stuff. Axl was always viewed as an easy target for them, especially since he refuses to actually give interviews in the last 30 years.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

So, um, we quickly gave up hope that they’d release any new music during the overseas leg of the tour. Our our hopes high we’ll get “Perhaps” and/or “The General” within the next couple weeks? 

Weeks? Assuming it will just be a digital release at first, and Axl was recently in a studio known for mastering work, if it isn't out this Friday or at least played at the show on Saturday, people should assume plans have changed and abandon hope for new music this year :lol:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

So, um, we quickly gave up hope that they’d release any new music during the overseas leg of the tour. Our our hopes high we’ll get “Perhaps” and/or “The General” within the next couple weeks? 

I don't think you can have high hopes.

Reasonable expectations that something might come out... that's a fair position to hold considering all the clear indications and clear statements from people well in the inner GNR circle. I'm just finding it hard to understand the hold up. If I was a hoping man (in relation to GNR) I'd hope the delay in all of this is that the release is much larger than a song or two and we've been lied to by the band to throw us off the scent.

47 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Nope. I'm of the view the year will pass by now with nothing. 

I hope to be wrong of course, but it feels like the moment has passed. 

• Like 2

I mean, i'll lose hope if it gets to metlife and there is no single on the horizon at that point. 

Until then, we BELIEVE :lol:

For all we know, slash and axl were in the studio a few weeks ago changing the single, and that has possibly delayed it.

I've just discovered some of britney spears' albums are pretty awesome, so i'm sweet for a bit haha.

Edited by Sonicjam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Weeks? Assuming it will just be a digital release at first, and Axl was recently in a studio known for mastering work, if it isn't out this Friday or at least played at the show on Saturday, people should assume plans have changed and abandon hope for new music this year :lol:

100%.

A release was supposed to be imminent. (i say that based on what the two insiders told us, Duff and Tom). Just look at the San Antonio ticket sales. Holy crap. 

We know they are gonna play it safe the first date, but then they have to pull off an ABSURD again and do it the second night. Expect Axl to grab the mic and start talking to the audience before the first half of the show, because the very second that goofy ass crackhead voice sample from Civil War starts playing and they haven't debuted Perhaps... it's the moment to say goodbye to new songs.:lol:

• Like 1

The real way to do the AI Axl is to actually sing yourself, so you can add in Axl's cadences and appropriate registers and quirks. Otherwise you're at the mercy of singer of whatever track, which can be hit and very, very miss. Basically, you need to use it on a song where the singer you are using a model of already sounds similar in register/key to begin with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, metalavenger99 said:

100%.

A release was supposed to be imminent. (i say that based on what the two insiders told us, Duff and Tom). Just look at the San Antonio ticket sales. Holy crap. 

We know they are gonna play it safe the first date, but then they have to pull off an ABSURD again and do it the second night. Expect Axl to grab the mic and start talking to the audience before the first half of the show, because the very second that goofy ass crackhead voice sample from Civil War starts playing and they haven't debuted Perhaps... it's the moment to say goodbye to new songs.:lol:

Absurd was supposed to be debuted at the first show of the tour (it was in the setlist of the Hershey show that appeared on ebay a couple of days later) but the live debut was seemingly postponed because that show was a debacle :lol:

So if they are to follow the Absurd pattern (I don't think they will though) they should play the new song at the first show.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1