The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

4 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

I disagree. IMO this has zero to do with Duff’s new music that 73 people are going to listen to. 

It's a possibility though. Duff has been waiting for a long time to release his new songs (he recorded them during Covid).

But in fact it would hurt no one if new GN'R music and new music from Duff coincided. On the contrary, probably more people would listen to Duff's new music that way, as platforms would suggest it to people that would go there to listen to the new GN'R song.

• Like 1

I noticed years ago that they hired a high end marketing company to do social media, if TB would handle their socials they would look like absolute shit, they clearly have graphic identity going on

Now i'm starting to believe that it was indeed an automated post that was gonna be up today after a midnight release. So it's even more obvious to me that they've cancelled the whole thing and i would like to know WHY. 

Never mind i just read the line where they brag about the views

It's fake as fuck lol

Edited by metalavenger99
  • Haha 1

Universal has actually taken down perhaps on youtube due to copyright claims, plus siriusxm stating next few days release, plus whatever that linkin in article was. It sounds like it's on its way shortly at least.

Edited by Sonicjam
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

I’m just so very glad I didn’t buy a ticket for Chicago. No new music, no deal.

Not to judge... but I'll judge anyway. 

That's dumb...1 new song is the difference between going to a show or not??

I want new music too.   But, call me a sucker, I'll go see them whenever they're close enough.   I appreciate that the big 3 are back doing shows after believing for 20 years that it would never happen.   

I'll go and enjoy myself.   While you stay at home and save your money, because, what,  you didn't get 1 new song this year (yet). 🙄

• Like 4

I went to see them last September, and the "revamped" setlist would be enough for me to go again.

Bad Obsession, Pretty Tied Up, Down On The Farm and Anything Goes (and with some luck Locomotive and a few Chinese deep cuts) are worth the price of admission, IMO.

New songs would be welcome too. While their studio versions suck (HS more than Absurd), those two are really cool live.

• GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I went to see them last September, and the "revamped" setlist would be enough for me to go again.

Bad Obsession, Pretty Tied Up, Down On The Farm and Anything Goes (and with some luck Locomotive and a few Chinese deep cuts) are worth the price of admission, IMO.

New songs would be welcome too. While their studio versions suck (HS more than Absurd), those two are really cool live.

hard skool is cool live? last time you told me it was ok
if anything it's exciting because we know it's "new"

11 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

hard skool is cool live? last time you told me it was ok
if anything it's exciting because we know it's "new"

I prefer Absurd yeah, both studio and live, but Hard Skool is pretty nice live too.

Axl sounds bad on it, unfortunately. Although he was somewhat better on this recent European run.

2 hours ago, Sonicjam said:

Universal has actually taken down perhaps on youtube due to copyright claims, plus siriusxm stating next few days release, plus whatever that linkin in article was. It sounds like it's on its way shortly at least.

I might have missed something. What do you mean about Sirius XM. Were you talking about what Duff said or did something else happen?

38 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I might have missed something. What do you mean about Sirius XM. Were you talking about what Duff said or did something else happen?

They're referring to this:

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/225839-the-new-album-thread-thanks-to-the-long-ass-thread-i’m-going-home/?do=findComment&comment=5015930

12 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

So the consensus now is that Duff ruined everything?

Lol no, there's no consensus about anything :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Heard on Classic Rewind the other morning that a new Guns N Roses song would be released in the next 3-4 days. Many interpretations and reasonings to say. But we shall see

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

Heard on Classic Rewind the other morning that a new Guns N Roses song would be released in the next 3-4 days. Many interpretations and reasonings to say. But we shall see

Would be interesting to find out what their source is. Either this thread or Duff. Or Susan. 😜

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It seems Eddie Trunk has spread another rumor (according to a poster on Reddit). He said something about GN'R collaborating (?) on a cover for a tribute album.

I saw that too, i tried to find today's episode and apparently there wasn't even an episode today or i can't find it

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If the linkedin post was real and they're mentioning 2 million streams in a day, is it fair to assume GNR have gone the Ashba route and are paying for likes, views, etc? If so, it's sad but not really surprising. They probably want future singles to be more successful than Absurd and HS...

I think it's more likely they came to the 2 million number by estimating their expected marketing results and gauging the response rate that Hard Skool and Absurd achieved in similar time frames.

• Like 1