The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

3 hours ago, willl said:

Listening to Appetite For Reconstruction now for the first time..... it's got a Eurodance/Techno vibe, wtf?? Where has this been all my life? I've been going down a rabbit hole of 90's dance tunes lately so this is right up my street :lol: 

:D

Definitely has that turn of the millennium racing game vibe.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah the title track, TWAT, and Riad in particular all have cringe intros. I also prefer the intros from the demo versions of ITW and IRS (but can tolerate the final versions of those two, at least).

I still can't believe they put the title track out as the single and no one could be bothered to edit it for radio play? As if stations were going to play that ambient intro. Guns were lucky enough to be given a chance in the UK and BBC radio 1 actually premiered the track. This wasn't 91, I'm surprised they even got on the radio. Probably it's sole play on major radio. 

2 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

I still can't believe they put the title track out as the single and no one could be bothered to edit it for radio play? As if stations were going to play that ambient intro. Guns were lucky enough to be given a chance in the UK and BBC radio 1 actually premiered the track. This wasn't 91, I'm surprised they even got on the radio. Probably it's sole play on major radio. 

I'm pretty sure radio stations played this version of the song here in Finland. 

Also the album debuted at number 1 here and went platinum. 

Edited by tboneman

13 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah the title track, TWAT, and Riad in particular all have cringe intros. I also prefer the intros from the demo versions of ITW and IRS (but can tolerate the final versions of those two, at least).

I like the overly dramatic TWAT intro. What I really don’t like is the Riad ambience and the Scraped voice thingy. If Scraped started out like it did back when it was played live in 2010, it would’ve been a much better song.

Edited by Cosmo
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

I like the overly dramatic TWAT intro. What I really don’t like is the Riad ambience and the Scraped voice thingy. If Scraped started out like it did back when it was played live in 2010, it would’ve been a much better song.

Somebody made a version of Scraped with the live intro years ago. It sounds great. I think it probably was @evader.

• Like 1

I had a dream that the album was announced as half studio/half live versions of CD songs and covers, and was called GnFnR. It felt so real and on brand for this band that I was almost surprised it didn't exist when I logged in this morning. :lol:

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, bmus1 said:

I had a dream that the album was announced as half studio/half live versions of CD songs and covers, and was called GnFnR. It felt so real and on brand for this band that I was almost surprised it didn't exist when I logged in this morning. :lol:

It reminds me, not of a dream, but of a thought I had some time ago, imagining that I was the manager of Guns N'Roses. I felt it made little sense to release singles one by one. On one hand, because the media impact is limited each time, and on the other hand, because it only momentarily satisfies the appetite of hardcore fans, as a single is quickly consumed. Instead, if I were their manager, I would have released 'Lies II', with one side consisting of the leftovers from 'Chinese Democracy' and the other side of live tracks. And just as 'Lies' parodied the tabloids of the time, 'Lies II' would mock the excesses of the internet with social media and fan forums.

Apparently 4tus claimed that d-tune + circus maximus + beltrami mix = 7

"Here's some other news that I found along the way... There apparently was a fan who spoke with 4tus possibly on Twitter I believe, who was also in a chat on one of the *Perhaps* news YT videos... The fan was curious about both *The General* & *Seven* n' instead he asked him about the latter cause he was really curious... Turns out... 4tus said *D Tune* IS in fact *Seven* with parts/sections from *Circus Maximus*... Then the Beltrami mix was added in to it...

After reading that, I decided to listen to both back n' forth... Both Tracks have some melodies that r the same...where they actually fit together...which I believe is the Ending or close to it on D Tune."

Most important question is if it has vocals.

Edited by Dummy
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1

3 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Appareantly 4tus claimed that d-tune + circus maximus + beltrami mix = 7

"Here's some other news that I found along the way... There apparently was a fan who spoke with 4tus possibly on Twitter I believe, who was also in a chat on one of the *Perhaps* news YT videos... The fan was curious about both *The General* & *Seven* n' instead he asked him about the latter cause he was really curious... Turns out... 4tus said *D Tune* IS in fact *Seven* with parts/sections from *Circus Maximus*... Then the Beltrami mix was added in to it...

After reading that, I decided to listen to both back n' forth... Both Tracks have some melodies that r the same...where they actually fit together...which I believe is the Ending or close to it on D Tune."

Maybe Evader or AI can mix them together.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Any evidence for this, like screen shots?

Seems all of the locker demos have been pulled from online sources again.  What’s odd is all of the general stuff other than the drum mashup one have been pulled too.  Would be hilarious if the evader mix was damn near exact and that’s why they’re flagging it.

55 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

Seems all of the locker demos have been pulled from online sources again.  What’s odd is all of the general stuff other than the drum mashup one have been pulled too.  Would be hilarious if the evader mix was damn near exact and that’s why they’re flagging it.

The only link I have saved that didn't get nabbed is a copy of Soul Monster on SoundCloud. Slightly good news for a new album, slightly bad news for Soul Monster fans?

5 hours ago, Dummy said:

'apparently'...

• Like 1