The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

Atlas is goood! :)

my ranking of new songs (including demos with lyrics)

Perhaps
Atlas
HardSkool
State of grace (has possibility to be better than all three with a more fleshed out sound, more guitar and solo plus redone vocals in the first verses. Vocals at the end some of Axls best ever)

Goin Down

Absurd

Eye on you (totally overrated)

Nothing (cannot see this one being a complete song)

Edited by betterman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, betterman said:

Atlas is goood! :)

my ranking of new songs (including demos with lyrics)

Perhaps
Atlas
HardSkool
State of grace (has possibility to be better than all three with a more fleshed out sound, more guitar and solo plus redone vocals in the first verses. Vocals at the end some of Axls best ever)

Goin Down

Absurd

Eye on you (totally overrated)

Nothing (cannot see this one being a complete song)

Fuck I never heard "Nothing" didn't realize it had vocals till now haha 

26 minutes ago, Towelie said:

With The General announced as the b-side, I think it's safe to say no new album is coming. Best case scenario is Atlas+Soul Monster in 2024. 

And that's it, I think. Unless they actually do the unthinkable and record actual new music.

Or the single Perhaps/the General is a build-up to an album. 

We might get another two tracks in a couple of months (while at the same period is finishing up more tracks, newly written?)

Atlas and Soul Monster next??

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Atlas in November, lock it in :shades:

Full EP by end of year. Sometime in 2024 before start of next tour which will be a revamp according to Mayhue! Just got Slash's awesome bluesy album as the sandwich....I think the chances all that hyperbole could be closer to the truth for once...

As It Began (instrumental)

Absurd (vocals)

Hard Skool (vocals)

Perhaps (vocals)

The General (vocals)

Atlas Shrugged (vocals)

Soul Monster (vocals)

Se7en (vocals)

Eye On You (vocals)

State Of Grace (vocals)

Berlin (vocals we believe)

I think we'll have our album within the next 5 years or sooner....(high on today, I know!)

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

As much as I’m happy to have these reworked CD-era tracks, I do hope they’ve written and recorded some fresh material for a hypothetical new album.

Wasn’t it earlier this year or last year where Slash said his hope was to put out a few more CD2 reworks and then get the band into the studio to write and record music? That’d be my best case scenario.

10 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

As much as I’m happy to have these reworked CD-era tracks, I do hope they’ve written and recorded some fresh material for a hypothetical new album.

Wasn’t it earlier this year or last year where Slash said his hope was to put out a few more CD2 reworks and then get the band into the studio to write and record music? That’d be my best case scenario.

Yeah that’s what Slash says he wants to do, and Mayhue kinda hinted recently that this is still the plan. I’m not holding my breath, but with GnR now trending on Twitter/X and Perhaps topping the iTunes Rock Charts in both the US and UK, I guess anything is possible.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BassistSeb said:

New material would be amazing. Personally I’d be happy if there were a few more of these singles and all the ‘new’ songs became staples in the setlist. Feel like Hard Skool would be a fun opener. 

same the opening bassline gives me ISE vibes so i think it would work as an opener

• Like 1