The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

At this point, they should just get their old material and other tracks that they worked on, and re-create them. I'm thinking songs like Bring It Back Home, Crash Diet (if possible), Too Much Too Soon, Sentimental Movie, Just Another Sunday, Ain't Goin Down No More, Goodnight Tonight, Killing Time, Rocker, etc. Settlement with the Arkeen estate and others would be required, but fuck it. I think it's worth it.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

So, how long before we get the April Fools' album jokes? I know they started early at the end of last year with that whole Atlas Shrugged album and ridiculous artwork, but they should be ramping up again by now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

So, how long before we get the April Fools' album jokes? I know they started early at the end of last year with that whole Atlas Shrugged album and ridiculous artwork, but they should be ramping up again by now.

The main reason that people thought that cover was fake, not the only reason tbf, was that it was made with AI.

Now that they have made a video with AI the assumption it was fake on that basis no longer stands.

All the news around it that was posted on 4chan with it was probably BS though.

• Like 1

Any news on a new GnR album is Fake News. it's been 16 years. 8 years with sluff. We know for 99.99% certain they have not written any new songs together and if we are lucky they will release 2 more songs from the leftovers. They've also only released any of the 4 new songs whilst touring, and they have no shows scheduled at all, and we know slash is busy this year. So let's all just pray for more leaks. Fuck you GnR fuck you TB, gimme those leaks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Zeppelin said:

You mean THE “Atlas Shrugged,” found buried deep in the code of the GNR Store database?!?!?!? :wow: 

All jokes aside, Stones released a whole new album in October of last year, and aren’t touring it till this Summer. There really isn’t a viable excuse imo for Guns not to drop something… ANYTHING soon without all that jazz, even if it’s just “Monsters.” :shrugs:

Edited by GNRRHCP98
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

There really isn’t a viable excuse imo for Guns not to drop something…

Dude... this must be your first year. I've been reading this exact sentence since like 2006. 

Now, I'm generally not one of the negative ones, I do believe shit is coming... at some point, but do we ever learn or what.

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Dude... this must be your first year. I've been reading this exact sentence since like 2006. 

Now, I'm generally not one of the negative ones, I do believe shit is coming... at some point, but do we ever learn or what.

Not expecting anything in the slightest, no sir… you have to follow the trial of breadcrumbs, and none have been dropped… yet.

But, again, doesn’t negate the fact that there is no tangible reason why, at the very least, a single can’t drop without an accompanying tour. We all can wish/hope/you name it the band sees it like that too one day.

”Monsters”, for example, makes total sense… THEY know WE know about it (heck, many HAVE it lol) so we don’t need much fanfare with it. Drop it and get a headline or two out of Rolling Stone, etc. :P

Edited by GNRRHCP98

17 minutes ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

Not expecting anything in the slightest, no sir… you have to follow the trial of breadcrumbs, and none have been dropped… yet.

But, again, doesn’t negate the fact that there is no tangible reason why, at the very least, a single can’t drop without an accompanying tour. We all can wish/hope/you name it the band sees it like that too one day.

”Monsters”, for example, makes total sense… THEY know WE know about it (heck, many HAVE it lol) so we don’t need much fanfare with it. Drop it and get a headline or two out of Rolling Stone, etc. :P

Oh I'd love that, it's the best song so far after all. But it would be quite... unique for GN'R to drop a single without a supporting tour. Which doesn't mean it couldn't happen. However, I'd hope they'd do some proper goddamn promo in such case. Here's hoping. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I didn't expect anything more than a vague answer, but it was less vague than I would have thought.

That's an interesting response. They'll probably have something for next year since it'll be 40 years. 

• PERHAPS 1

I have a feeling the “more to come” is “Monsters” and one or two other single drops… which would be QUITE generous for an off-year.

And I agree, this is far less vague of a statement on the possibility of new GNR music than any band member has ever provided thus far. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

The "things have happened and things will happen" quote makes me think the plan to compile all the single releases into an album might still be a thing.

That's probably all they are capable of as GnR. Not very exciting, to put it nicely.

When you think about it, Slash was the closest to giving us a concrete idea of GNR’s release plan (the CD outtakes reworked). It was just the timeline that changed… I think we expected drops in 2022, but didn’t get any, and then boom, Perhaps/The General/Monsters (leak) in ‘23. 

I think there's a difference between taking years to release Gn'R tunes and not having any plans or desire to release more material, even some new stuff.

Duff seems confident we'll get more and even says we'll know about it and not in the distant future. considering it's Axl and the history of very little amounts of material getting released, it doesn't seem like much but I believe there is still a lot that Gn'R can do with the amount of material Axl probably got laying around with Slash and Duff there to come up with new ideas for Axl to use.

I also think that when it comes to Axl, some things didn't change like how long it takes him to move when it comes to new releases, but it's not like there's still any pressure to release anything so that means Axl can work on it sporadically for example and finish and release material when he chooses to do it.

my guess is Axl didn't lose interest in releasing more Gn'R material if Duff is expressing himself in this way in interviews and Slash talking about wanting to do brand new stuff.

the 3 of them must have discussed it at least by now and while it's easy to dismiss this shit as not significant cause it's not detailed, I don't see why Duff would be relatively this optimistic and open and not try to avoid the question. would be much safer to give a more "don't get your hopes up" or say again that they want to "keep it mysterious" imo.

Edited by Rovim

7 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think there's a difference between taking years to release Gn'R tunes and not having any plans or desire to release more material, even some new stuff.

Duff seems confident we'll get more and even says we'll know about it and not in the distant future. considering it's Axl and the history of very little amounts of material getting released, it doesn't seem like much but I believe there is still a lot that Gn'R can do with the amount of material Axl probably got laying around with Slash and Duff there to come up with new ideas for Axl to use.

I also think that when it comes to Axl, some things didn't change like how long it takes him to move when it comes to new releases, but it's not like there's still any pressure to release anything so that means Axl can work on it sporadically for example and finish and release material when he chooses to do it.

my guess is Axl didn't lose interest in releasing more Gn'R material if Duff is expressing himself in this way in interviews and Slash talking about wanting to do brand new stuff.

the 3 of them must have discussed it at least by now and while it's easy to dismiss this shit as not significant cause it's not detailed, I don't see why Duff would be relatively this optimistic and open and not try to avoid the question. would be much safer to give a more "don't get your hopes up" or say again that they want to "keep it mysterious" imo.

They might release something but since we all agree that The General is a massive turd that's not something to get excited about anymore, sadly.

23 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

He keeps it mysterious :lol:

yeah, but less so. the way I understand it, Duff is basically hinting at more releases that are going to happen which is positive, if you take into consideration that things move very slowly in Gn'R land and are always subject to change but we do have 4 Chinese singles and a leaked Monsters with probably a lot of Chinese era instrumentals to rework should Axl choose to do so and even older material than that possibly exist. 

if Axl wants to release a final Gn'R album before Gn'R is over, there is still time to do it but that would have to contain at least some brand new material I think. 

it's difficult to even make an educated guess when it comes to how Axl would approach another release if, for example, what Slash and Duff reworked will also get released and it's only Monsters and maybe another tune.

Axl can ask Slash and Duff to rework more Chinese era tunes or focus on working on a full album instead which could be a hybrid of different eras of the band with new material also included.

important thing to remember imho is that even if it takes years, it's still possible we'll get something more than just a song or two here and there.

Edited by Rovim