SOON IS THE WORD (again) - Nightrain-exclusive live cd coming EDIT: Live cd gets removed from standard package, only in premium package

1 hour ago, Nintari said:

Unless money is no object, seeing most "artists" isn't worth it for me. Ever since the record labels collapsed, they've decided that ticket prices should cost more than the airfare to get to them, and I just refuse. I see no value in spending fifteen-hundred dollars to go see bands that are so far past their prime, that they look like a (bad) cover band of themselves on a good day. If I wanted that, I'd got to a local bar and watch a (good) cover band for free.

Also, what fun is it when you're surrounded by rich old people (or just old people in general)? I naively went to GNR in '16 (bucket-list thing), with images of 1992 in my mind. Instead, all I got was a sea of gray-haired old people, standing around, barely moving, sipping over-priced beer and singing off-key karaoke all night. It was like a Dangerfield bit. I was thinking, Man... if it gets any livelier around here, a funeral is gonna break out!

Your RD line just flashed me back to a night out at his club in nyc in the 90s: my girl and were sat at the front table as we walked in late.. he took one look at us (and her massive boobs) and said “well well WELL” and literally did not stop roasting us the rest of the evening. Great memory and I thank you for triggering it!!

And I agree with your GNR assessment..

Oh look. Another bitch and moan thread from a supposed "fan".

You'd think that for a band that is as "unprofessional", "disorganized", "unmotivated", "incompetent", etc, etc. as GN'R allegedly is according to a faction of "fans" that these people wouldn't bother frequenting a site dedicated to said band.

But here they are, day after day after day, bitching, moaning and whining about the same shit. Ad nauseam.

As the old adage poses, "who is more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows him?"

Some of you crybaby fans need to look in the mirror then do something else with your life, since you clearly don't like anything GN'R does or doesn't do.

But we all know that isn't going to happen any time soon. Complaining about how things don't go as they'd like is what these people live for. That, and down voting or mocking those that call out their hypocritical and boorish behavior.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I imagine this’ll be the first in a series of live EPs released annually. Just a hunch.

i don't think they just remixed few tracks from Rio, Wembley, (Tokyo) and Paris for the UYI Deluxe versions... They did the complete thing. They will feed us for the next years for money.

Edited by t-p-d-a
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

i don't think they just remixed few tracks from Rio, Wembley, (Tokyo) and Paris for the UYI Deluxe versions... They did the complete thing. They will feed us for the next years for money.

Not my preferred method of music releases but at least more classic GNR is out there officially.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thunderram said:

Oh look. Another bitch and moan thread from a supposed "fan".

You'd think that for a band that is as "unprofessional", "disorganized", "unmotivated", "incompetent", etc, etc. as GN'R allegedly is according to a faction of "fans" that these people wouldn't bother frequenting a site dedicated to said band.

But here they are, day after day after day, bitching, moaning and whining about the same shit. Ad nauseam.

As the old adage poses, "who is more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows him?"

Some of you crybaby fans need to look in the mirror then do something else with your life, since you clearly don't like anything GN'R does or doesn't do.

But we all know that isn't going to happen any time soon. Complaining about how things don't go as they'd like is what these people live for. That, and down voting or mocking those that call out their hypocritical and boorish behavior.

We have a 'down vote' button here? Who knew?! 

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, UncleJosh said:

The mixer for the live tracks on the box set confirmed they did the full Wembley 91, Rio 91, Paris 92, Ritz 91 and Las Vegas 92 shows for possible use. There may be others but he confirmed he did all of those shows specifically.  

In an alternate reality and knowing those were remixed; UYI I Deluxe should have had Rio 91 Complete; either night as a 3cd set. UYI II Deluxe should have had Paris 92 complete to make a 3 CD set.  Both albums nixing the live tracks on the current deluxes. Ritz 91 should have been it’s own release with video, a 4 disc set. That would keep with the original theme of splitting the albums in 91.

The box should have had the videos like AFD did on Blu-ray. Audio could have been the original albums with the other Rio night on 2CDs.

Our Japanese counterparts since they received bonus tracks could have then received the deluxes as they were released in Japan, with the Tokyo tracks as well.

Think of how many discs we would have bought? 

• Like 2

Did we ever get confirmation that the Tokyo bonus tracks were remixed? I heard they were not and just ports from the dvd audio but someone else said that wasn't true so not sure what the facts are.

I would have paid $1,000 for this hypothetical box set if they had included all the live shows they mixed for possible use.

18 hours ago, Nintari said:

Also, what fun is it when you're surrounded by rich old people (or just old people in general)? I naively went to GNR in '16 (bucket-list thing), with images of 1992 in my mind. Instead, all I got was a sea of gray-haired old people, standing around, barely moving, sipping over-priced beer and singing off-key karaoke all night. It was like a Dangerfield bit. I was thinking, Man... if it gets any livelier around here, a funeral is gonna break out!

This is exactly why I don’t do huge stadium/arena shows unless I can get pit. I don’t like being around a bunch of old, drunk assholes from the suburbs who sit down the entire show and talk loudly through every song. 

As for the live CD … I honestly expected much worse. Like literally just a live version of “Nightrain” from a random show in 2019. I felt like GNR robbed me the moment I subscribed to Nightrain in February. But I guess it isn’t robbery when you willingly fork over the money. At this point, I’m happy to get anything for the $50 beyond “peace of mind” on presale tickets.

This entire tour announcement + insane ticket prices + no new album have really left a bad taste in my mouth in regard to GNR. For the first time probably ever, I’ve just given up on the hope this band will ever act like a band again. That died probably some time shortly after Chinese Democracy released.  

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, UncleJosh said:

Did we ever get confirmation that the Tokyo bonus tracks were remixed? I heard they were not and just ports from the dvd audio but someone else said that wasn't true so not sure what the facts are.

IN MY OPINION who watched and listen Tokyo DVD and MP3 (converts from DVD) a thousand time because i hadn't YouTube, Live Era or Bootlegs back in day, i say these 5 tracks sounds a little more clearer than the DVD. I'm not talking about the volume, which was low on DVD and high on the 5 bonus tracks, no I'm talking about the dynamics between the instruments are little bit more clearer. It still has a dull effect and sounds the same for the first time.  It's not a HUGE improvement, its minimal!

I prefer the new mix because the DVD volume is low and if you convert it with higher dB, it will cause clipping.

But I'm 99% sure, the songs are not direct ports from the DVD

the picture is very bad. Both tracks are Live And Let Die. Above is New Track vs DVD track in original volume (in full!) and underneath is New Track vs DVD track volume normalized (ony one part). The New Track shows more highs than the DVD version. I listen it again and changed the normalized tracks consecutively several times and for me the New Tracks are less dull than the DVD tracks.

ZWaupRr.jpg

Edited by t-p-d-a
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, allwaystired said:

We have a 'down vote' button here? Who knew?! 

Unless you're being sarcastic, we don't have a "Downvote," button. The closest we have for a disliked post is the Absurd, Confused, and Sad  buttons.

1 hour ago, Karice said:

Unless you're being sarcastic, we don't have a "Downvote," button. The closest we have for a disliked post is the Absurd, Confused, and Sad  buttons.

There is a dislike button.. it’s like.. right there. You don’t have one?? :shocked:

5 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

IN MY OPINION who watched and listen Tokyo DVD and MP3 (converts from DVD) a thousand time because i hadn't YouTube, Live Era or Bootlegs back in day, i say these 5 tracks sounds a little more clearer than the DVD. I'm not talking about the volume, which was low on DVD and high on the 5 bonus tracks, no I'm talking about the dynamics between the instruments are little bit more clearer. It still has a dull effect and sounds the same for the first time.  It's not a HUGE improvement, its minimal!

I prefer the new mix because the DVD volume is low and if you convert it with higher dB, it will cause clipping.

But I'm 99% sure, the songs are not direct ports from the DVD

the picture is very bad. Both tracks are Live And Let Die. Above is New Track vs DVD track in original volume (in full!) and underneath is New Track vs DVD track volume normalized (ony one part). The New Track shows more highs than the DVD version. I listen it again and changed the normalized tracks consecutively several times and for me the New Tracks are less dull than the DVD tracks.

ZWaupRr.jpg

Can you compare to the Laserdisc rip from Tokyo92? It's around, actually i think i know very well who transfered it  ;-)

2 hours ago, Karice said:

Yeah I was sort of being sarcastic as there isn't a 'downvote' button.....but now people are saying there is a 'dislike' button? I don't have that either! 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah I was sort of being sarcastic as there isn't a 'downvote' button.....but now people are saying there is a 'dislike' button? I don't have that either! 

Was just a bad April Fool’s.. 😅

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Join the Club. 😏I wonder if someone could give a screenshot of the dislike button. 🤔

• Haha 2

On 3/29/2023 at 2:33 PM, SoulMonster said:

Because not everybody shares your opinion? I know that is a mind-boggling concept but you have been told this so many times one would think it would start to seep in at some point. Or, one would hope.

Like personally, I think many shows in 2006 were much better than most shows in 1991-1992.

I was actually gonna press 'wow' emoji but couldn't get pass 'haha' one.

Nothing personal or anything...

Just that best post '93 show is not 30% of the worst pre 17/7/93 show

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frankfurt93 said:

Hold on...Those f'ers pay all that money for membership packages and all they get is those lousy 7,8 songs, not even a full f'n show!?!?:lol::lol::lol:

I do hope Iz at least gets his equal share for those handful songs.;)

A lot of Hardcore Fans would pay $100 for a behind the scenes commentary and talking about musical experiences CD! 🤣🤭