SOON IS THE WORD (again) - Nightrain-exclusive live cd coming EDIT: Live cd gets removed from standard package, only in premium package

1 minute ago, GnR Chris said:

It’s cool their Nightrain fan club memberships have included music lately, and they’ve definitely had some cool merch in years’ past (thinking of the AFD anniversary stuff). 

Such a low-effort bullshit money grab. Cheap-looking shirt and hat. Live CD without mentioning the contents, and only available on the premium package. And the promise of a “chance” at presales for an upcoming tour. So using fans’ FOMO against them. 

That presale stuff has been pretty much redundant since 2016. Not hard to get a ticket to see GNR these days! 

22 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Shall we have a wager on it?  Just bragging rights, for a laugh? 

Oh shit, that would mean me sort of betting ON Team Brazil to deliver something and you betting against them like a sane person. This goes against everything I believe in. 

But it's too late now I suppose. You're on!

Please note that if I win, it'll still feel like a very hollow victory. 

I'm going to go for a shower. I feel dirty. 

Edited by username
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, username said:

Oh shit, that would mean me sort of betting ON Team Brazil to deliver something and you betting against them like a sane person. This goes against everything I believe in. 

But it's too late now I suppose. You're on!

Please not that if I win, it'll still feel like a very hollow victory. 

I'm going to go for a shower. I feel dirty. 

The golden rule of being a GNR fan....'expect the very bare minimum'. 

If it helps, I'm kind of rooting for me to lose and for it to be an amazing release which fully justifies the $50 price tag. 

50 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

That presale stuff has been pretty much redundant since 2016. Not hard to get a ticket to see GNR these days! 

Even in 2016/2017, I always had better luck with GNR tickets using other presales versus the Nightrain presale.

Live Nation/Ticketmaster has been a goddamn shit show this past year though in regard to inflated pricing and the illusion of high demand. Worse than ever I mean. There are several shows I would have loved to see, but not at Ticketmaster prices. Hundreds of dollars for faraway seats at Smashing Pumpkins and Rod Wave. Fuck. That. 

I wonder how much GNR pit will be this year in North America. It’s pretty consistently been around $250 since 2016. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Even in 2016/2017, I always had better luck with GNR tickets using other presales versus the Nightrain presale.

Live Nation/Ticketmaster has been a goddamn shit show this past year though in regard to inflated pricing and the illusion of high demand. Worse than ever I mean. There are several shows I would have loved to see, but not at Ticketmaster prices. Hundreds of dollars for faraway seats at Smashing Pumpkins and Rod Wave. Fuck. That. 

I wonder how much GNR pit will be this year in North America. It’s pretty consistently been around $250 since 2016. 

Oh yeah, I feel you there. I went on a rant on one of the other threads about Ticketmaster.....so many gigs I don't attend now due to their 'variable pricing', illusion of high demand etc etc. It's basically what happens when someone gets a monopoly. 

You can guarantee the tickets will be pricey, that's for sure.....even without Ticketmaster seeing how high they can push them. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 5:06 AM, ChristmasFnatic said:

Just 1 song? Nightrain live? 

items aside, do GNR tix sell out quick that an early access would be advantageous? 

no, maybe back in 2016 with the "reunion" it was a hot ticket, but since than GNR Tickets are readily available in whatever area you want, but they of course charge alot for the good areas so you have to pay more

2 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I’m thinking we’ll get atlas and one or two others by the time the tour is midway done. 

I don’t think I’m as optimistic. At this point it just doesn’t look like there’s any real interest in making the effort.

16 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I don’t think I’m as optimistic. At this point it just doesn’t look like there’s any real interest in making the effort.

I don’t think slash would’ve mentioned more reworked songs coming out if it wasn’t the case. They might be late, but they’ll be out. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

In the e-mail it says: This year's packages are limited-edition, only available to Nightrain Members (while supplies last)!

What the hell does that mean?? I'm not a current member, so only current members can get the package? And what exactly is limited edition??

Is that accurate? Can non previous members not buy it?

Edited by reayj2003

43 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

In the e-mail it says: This year's packages are limited-edition, only available to Nightrain Members (while supplies last)!

What the hell does that mean?? I'm not a current member, so only current members can get the package? And what exactly is limited edition??

I think it simply means you have to be a member to order it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I think it simply means you have to be a member to order it.

When could you order a nightrain package without being a nightrain member?? That's the whole idea of the package. It never was a standalone thing.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

I think the whole thing is a mess, and their wording is just poor on that. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Probably for people who aren't aware of Nightrain and think you can just order it without being a member.

But why does it say "This year" then, when it never was. And what the hell "limited edition"?? You buy this crap, expecting to get something out of it, other than being able to buy tix a day earlier and then, oops, too bad, supplies don't last!. You don't get anything else. Fuck that shit.

11 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

But why does it say "This year" then, when it never was. And what the hell "limited edition"?? You buy this crap, expecting to get something out of it, other than being able to buy tix a day earlier and then, oops, too bad, supplies don't last!. You don't get anything else. Fuck that shit.

Is it not this year? Does it say when they send CD out?

38 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Don't forget the 'package content subject to change at any point' bit. 

You may get the stuff they say.....you may not. Up to them. That's outrageous. 

• Wow 1