SOON IS THE WORD (again) - Nightrain-exclusive live cd coming EDIT: Live cd gets removed from standard package, only in premium package

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Most fans would appreciate live music albums from whatever band they like. Which was the point I was making. Only on mygnrforum can such news be made met with nothing but indifference or rightout scorn.

Personally, I don't care for live music albums from GN'R unless it would be from the 80s, but that's just me. I can still be happy for the fans who are excited about this. Wherever they are. 

"cause LIVE ERA is the ultimate GNR Live album. We really don't need another live material, unless there is a comemorative CHI Dem Live edition.

5 hours ago, DustNBones1990 said:

That’s what we all need, just a little bit of positivity and optimism, hey we may not all agree with everything they do but something is better than nothing 🤷🏻‍♂️

I can think of many instances in my life where nothing was definitely better than something.

Edited by Nintari

1 minute ago, Legendador said:

"cause LIVE ERA is the ultimate GNR Live album. We really don't need another live material, unless there is a comemorative CHI Dem Live edition.

We don't? :lol:

If I only had a penny for all the posts I've read where people have been complaining about the band's refusal to release live albums...

When the disappointment from the band releasing live music now blows over, people will go back to being disappointed about the band not releasing enough live music. 

16 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Now that would be something!

I would sign up for the package to get my hands on that. We've all had access to selects and been able to see plenty of footage from the rest of NITL but the Troubadour would be a great scoop as it is what kicked all this off and we've only seen parts of the show. 

I doubt it is but can only dream. 

13 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

We don't? :lol:

If I only had a penny for all the posts I've read where people have been complaining about the band's refusal to release live albums...

When the disappointment from the band releasing live music now blows over, people will go back to being disappointed about the band not releasing enough live music. 

I'm talking about the quality of current vocals. To me 2016 was the best year vocal wise for this line up, for the past line up 2006. There's tons of live performances on Youtube, so why bother?

We will never be happy with this band, it will be an eternal no-situation.

And then when both blows over, people will start complaning that they are not doing too many live shows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Legendador said:

I'm talking about the quality of current vocals. To me 2016 was the best year vocal wise for this line up, for the past line up 2006. There's tons of live performances on Youtube, so why bother?

Don't ask me, I am not really interested in live records unless it is from the 80s. But generally, from what I have heard from members here countless of times, people are really interested in live recordings that are more professionally recorded than most bootlegs. So that's why people bother caring about live music recordings... until the band actually decides to release live music, then that's terrible!!! :lol:

I'll try to remain positive, I hope that the live tracks being released are covers or songs that haven't already been released, like from the last set that we got. I do want new music though, I've listened to the same tracks my entire life and just want the excitement older fans got to have with new music being released from them. I was even a fan of Hard Skool and Absurd. Something else that's disappointing is the price tag, I know all the guys have been millionaires for years now and are probably out of touch with reality, but most fans (like me) can't afford 90 dollars for a cd. They need to consider a lot of their fans are scraping by just to pay the rent and if they want more support they need to make stuff more affordable 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Don't ask me, I am not really interested in live records unless it is from the 80s. But generally, from what I have heard from members here countless of times, people are really interested in live recordings that are more professionally recorded than most bootlegs. So that's why people bother caring about live music recordings... until the band actually decides to release live music, then that's terrible!!! :lol:

If we are talking about a proper 80's Live release, I'm up for it.

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, DustNBones1990 said:

To be honest I’ve just realised it only says “Nightrain Live” CD… Not exactly “Live Selects” or “NITL Live Selects”. 

What are the chances the track list is literally just Nightrain live? 😅

50% it’s just Nightrain

48% it’s a compilation of the live tracks from the singles 

2% It’s a handful of NITL Selects EP

• Like 1

Give me a live album from 2016/2017 and I'd be very happy. 

Actually, give me a live album from any era and I'd be very happy- I love live albums. I'll buy them straight away. 

I'm not very happy though when it's very clear the product is poor quality or over priced. 

It's still a mystery to me why they never released a live album from NITL. Not much effort required and would have sold fairly well. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Legendador said:

To the hardcore fans like us, to them (making loads of money) and to general fans that only like NR and SCOM it's fine!

For anyone who follows wrestling, Guns reminds me very much of WWE. They're basically a brand thats too big to fail no matter how little music they release or how shit Axl's vocals get. I think its jarring because they've become such a corporate enterprise that appeals to everyone when prime Guns N' Roses was a genuinely unpredictable band that had ambition and wasn't hawking merch all the time.

Like there's this newsletter from October 1996 after Slash left where Axl says there'd be no fan club or merch which feels a million miles away from where they currently are.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mystery said:

For anyone who follows wrestling, Guns reminds me very much of WWE. They're basically a brand thats too big to fail no matter how little music they release or how shit Axl's vocals get. I think its jarring because they've become such a corporate enterprise that appeals to everyone when prime Guns N' Roses was a genuinely unpredictable band that had ambition and wasn't hawking merch all the time.

Like there's this newsletter from October 1996 after Slash left where Axl says there'd be no fan club or merch which feels a million miles away from where they currently are.

You are thinking about the fax Axl sent to MTV. Axl was refuting specific rumors at the time. He wasn't saying GN'R would never release merch again. 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

You are thinking about the fax Axl sent to MTV. Axl was refuting specific rumors at the time. He wasn't saying GN'R would never release merch again. 

Was there any merch actually released in that period? It feels like they didn't start releasing merch again until 2001-02 but even that was concert stuff. We're at the point now where you can go into most apparel stores and find a basic Guns t-shirt. 

Generally speaking, yes of course the guys have changed some of their opinions. Times have changed (less money from album sales), they have changed (from idealistic 20 somethings to, some would say, wiser adults). You can't really hold them to opinions they held 40 years ago. 

1 minute ago, mystery said:

Was there any merch actually released in that period? It feels like they didn't start releasing merch again until 2001-02 but even that was concert stuff. We're at the point now where you can go into most apparel stores and find a basic Guns t-shirt. 

Not sure, but my belief is that merch has increased gradually to the almost extreme levels of today. It definitely seems like Axl has become less strict on merchs and allowed more. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Generally speaking, yes of course the guys have changed some of their opinions. Times have changed (less money from album sales), they have changed (from idealistic 20 somethings to, some would say, wiser adults). You can't really hold them to opinions they held 40 years ago. 

Not sure, but my belief is that merch has increased gradually to the almost extreme levels of today. It definitely seems like Axl has become less strict on merchs and allowed more. 

I feel like its not a Guns only thing as band shirts have become more chic and mainstream where you can find Metallica, Nirvana, and Slayer shirts at Kohl's and Target. Like you don't even have to go out of your way anymore if you want a basic band shirt and for a cheaper price than from the band directly.

• Like 2