SOON IS THE WORD (again) - Nightrain-exclusive live cd coming EDIT: Live cd gets removed from standard package, only in premium package

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Well, people here do complain all the time. Even when the band announces the release of a record of live music, people complain. I can't see any posts here in this thread from guys who are excited about this new release. It is like there are no actual fans of the band here. Just fans of complaining.

Is that because the bar is set so low though that no one has any expectations or anything to be excited for?

And maybe people are wary to get excited as everything gets pushed back by years or just doesn't happen. 

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

Is that because the bar is set so low though that no one has any expectations or anything to be excited for?

And maybe people are wary to get excited as everything gets pushed back by years or just doesn't happen. 

My expectations are extreme low, yet I don't complain when the band release, so no, that can't be it. 

Well, fascinating turn of events.  A Nightrain CD is no longer stated.  I'm hoping the surprise gift is the CD but it could be anything.

• Exclusive Access to Concert Ticket Presales *
  • Exclusive Access to the Nightrain Members-Only Community, Fan Forum and Blogs
  • Exclusive Access to Members-Only Perks and Contests when available
  • Official Nightrain Special Edition T-shirt (Men's/Unisex or Women's)
  • Official Nightrain Special Edition Trucker Cap
  • Official Nightrain pin (new for 2023)
  • PLUS Nightrain "Surprise" Gift (while supplies last)

^ Premium package components are subject to change at any time.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Wow 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

5 minutes ago, Spike Killer said:

Well, fascinating turn of events.  A Nightrain CD is no longer stated.  I'm hoping the surprise gift is the CD but it could be anything.

Fermanager strikes again :crazy:

I almost renewed this morning. Had it in my cart and was going to complete it when I got to work. Got to work and noticed they changed the package, so I didn't buy it. I also noticed that my subscription isn't up until late September so I should be able to use my presale code when they officially announce the tour dates next week.

Whacking "package components are subject to change at any time" in big letters seem like their licence to say they can they send you whatever they want. 

Not sure about the actual legality of that though. 

Surely you can't just sell a load of packages based on them having something in them, then not deliver those things?

Essentially you could order this then they could say "nah, sorry no CDs, t-shirts, or caps at the time you paid" and carry on advertising them and taking people's money. I can't see that being legal. 

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Most people here wouldn't complain about spending $20 for the Ritz blu ray or a new live cd... but when the only way to get those releases are in $300 box sets or $90 fan club memberships, people will rightfully complain.

I would think the normal thing for fans of a band, especially one with such a low production is to express happiness about new music being released (even if its only live music) first, and then secondly complain about the lack of availability, high price. I mean, most of us fans will get it regardless, right. They shoot themselves in a foot by making it hard to get, we will easily sidestep that. We are crafty. But our reaction to this is to go directly to the complaining bit without any expression of happiness. We do the second, not the first. Because we are trained to always complain, always look for the negatives. And sure, we know why we have become like this, but isn't it better to actually take pleasure in things that are indisputable good for us? I mean, if you actually enjoy records of live music, isn't this then a good thing? You can choose to buy it if you so want, or you can choose to download it from seedy Internet cafés from the deep, dark web, or you can choose to do neither. Still you have those options, which you didn't have yesterday. I just find it puzzling why we choose to never see the silver lining, never look at the bright side, never consider that a half empty cup is better than the empty cup was had yesterday. And then people wonder why the management's impression of us is that we always complain. Well, go figure.

43 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

But our reaction to this is to go directly to the complaining bit without any expression of happiness. We do the second, not the first. Because we are trained to always complain, always look for the negatives. 

Not everyone, though, there are still some normal posters left here. But yes, the negativity has definitely taken over this forum and that’s a shame. 

Edited by EvanG

7 hours ago, Spike Killer said:

HAHAHA! 

Honestly that's pathetic. 

For those who ordered a Nightrrain subscription - you just got FERMANAGE'D. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I would think the normal thing for fans of a band, especially one with such a low production is to express happiness about new music being released (even if its only live music) first, and then secondly complain about the lack of availability, high price. I mean, most of us fans will get it regardless, right. They shoot themselves in a foot by making it hard to get, we will easily sidestep that. We are crafty. But our reaction to this is to go directly to the complaining bit without any expression of happiness. We do the second, not the first. Because we are trained to always complain, always look for the negatives. And sure, we know why we have become like this, but isn't it better to actually take pleasure in things that are indisputable good for us? I mean, if you actually enjoy records of live music, isn't this then a good thing? You can choose to buy it if you so want, or you can choose to download it from seedy Internet cafés from the deep, dark web, or you can choose to do neither. Still you have those options, which you didn't have yesterday. I just find it puzzling why we choose to never see the silver lining, never look at the bright side, never consider that a half empty cup is better than the empty cup was had yesterday. And then people wonder why the management's impression of us is that we always complain. Well, go figure.

Having to pay for a premium Nightrain membership immediately dampens the excitement. Yea it's nice that they're finally gonna release a live cd, but attaching it to their more expensive fan club package is one of the worst ways they could released it.

Like most people here, I'll download it whenever it's shared online. I'm curious to hear it, but after the HS single and the Selects, I can see why there's no hype for this.

• Like 3