SOON IS THE WORD (again) - Nightrain-exclusive live cd coming EDIT: Live cd gets removed from standard package, only in premium package

17 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Pretty sure it's just a cardboard slipcase, like the Hardschool CD. These are from discogs though:

MzctMjA1NS5qcGVn.jpeg

MzctODc2Ni5qcGVn.jpeg

MzctOTgzMy5qcGVn.jpeg

What’s with the ‘credits’ for the songs? Way more for Bad Obsession - including Dizzy!?

Ok so I am confused. The guy who mixed the shows/songs for the Box set confirmed they mixed multiple shows including London 1991 for possible use. They did use a few tracks on the bonus discs.

But these credits seem to state that a NEW mix was done by completely different people in 2023?  Does that make sense? Did they actually approve the mixes in 2022 but then paid a new mixer to redo these songs in 2023?  I mean that seems like a big waste of time and money for a sub gift, no?

Does anyone with good ears notice any difference in the quality of the mix in the bonus tracks in the box set and these tracks on the EP?

46 minutes ago, UncleJosh said:

Ok so I am confused. The guy who mixed the shows/songs for the Box set confirmed they mixed multiple shows including London 1991 for possible use. They did use a few tracks on the bonus discs.

But these credits seem to state that a NEW mix was done by completely different people in 2023?  Does that make sense? Did they actually approve the mixes in 2022 but then paid a new mixer to redo these songs in 2023?  I mean that seems like a big waste of time and money for a sub gift, no?

Does anyone with good ears notice any difference in the quality of the mix in the bonus tracks in the box set and these tracks on the EP?

Totally. The bonus UYI discs that contains wembley, sounds so much better than the EP. I heard the EP on YT... but i can notice that anyways.

Edited by axlvai

I listen the whole official tracks from London in the order based on the real setlist. For me it sounds the same. Listen to headphones. Not YT... ripped audio from the disc.

I compared again with Perfect Crime (UYI1 DE) and You Could Be Mine (Live EP) both endings and they sound the same. In both tracks at the end Axl vocals are low in the mix. And i hear no diffrent mixing or quality...

Edited by t-p-d-a
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I blame Guns N' Roses for my new obsession with listening to vinyl records.  They gave me the Hard Skool one as a special gift and now I must collect a handful of good ones.

I'm really diggin' the Absurd live version that's included.  I can see why Slash seems to have a lot of fun playing it.

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

• 2 months later...

I've got mine today - I ordered quite a bit later. But I have to say, I'm disappointed - I know, I should have known better and read this topic more regularly.

The surprise gift, the Hard Skool Clear Vinyl from last year, is a bloody joke. Since I joined the Nightrain club last year for the first time, I've got it twice now. That's not a surprise, it's a getting rid of shit, that was ordered in wrong quantities. 

The funny thing is, that the vinyl was made in Germany. So they flew it twice over the ocean. The CO2 footprint is also ridiculous.

But at least the London Cd is quite nice. ah well... 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, thelostrose said:

I've got mine today - I ordered quite a bit later. But I have to say, I'm disappointed - I know, I should have known better and read this topic more regularly.

The surprise gift, the Hard Skool Clear Vinyl from last year, is a bloody joke. Since I joined the Nightrain club last year for the first time, I've got it twice now. That's not a surprise, it's a getting rid of shit, that was ordered in wrong quantities. 

The funny thing is, that the vinyl was made in Germany. So they flew it twice over the ocean. The CO2 footprint is also ridiculous.

Flip it. It's selling for $40 on Discogs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thelostrose said:

he surprise gift, the Hard Skool Clear Vinyl from last year, is a bloody joke. Since I joined the Nightrain club last year for the first time, I've got it twice now. That's not a surprise, it's a getting rid of shit, that was ordered in wrong quantities. 

They would've moved em quicker if they had sold them as beer coasters.

22 hours ago, thelostrose said:

Are you disappointed that extra free gift was something that you already had (which you likley knew about before you ordered)?

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 2:37 PM, thelostrose said:

if you’ve still got your second copy of HS and want to sell it, I might be interested. I’ve been wanting to track one down. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want.