07/13/23 - Paris, FR - LaDefense

downzy

Axl struggles on TWAT because is not 2006 for him anymore and also because this song has no break between lines, so it is insane to fill al the words without taking a breath. Today I watched Madrid '06 and he skips lines too. But I know he has an issue in his middle tone, filling it with a weak falsetto. I don't know, he is better than 2021 and 2022, but he seems to be at the end of the line in terms of performance, we have to enjoy him while he is still able to pull it.

By the way, here is a mini mosh pit by crazy French fans during PC. I was filming the band while it was going on, then I felt someone pushed me towards it. I looked back and saw 2 girls were the ones who pushed me and they joined in. I was holding on my phone for dear life lol. The French are crazy fans!!!

at the end of the vid, you can hear Axl singing. I showed this to one of my friends(casual fan) and he asked if it was a backup singer singing because he said it is not the Axl voice he knew.

Edited by ChristmasFnatic
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

13 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Axl sucks in TWAT and Prostitute…I’ve read some comments saying he killed it on those songs…Im really shocked at how some think those performances are even pasaable

If you are there you surely enjoy them cause live things May sound better than on video and you enjoy watching tour music idols, but for the ones listening on stream or live videos on YT this in really embarrasing

Weak on the verses, that thin voice cracking and the uncontrolled screams…come on

You can criticize Axl in these songs as much as you want, Slash  damaged all the solos like an amateur guitarist and without taste, not a word, right?

Fucking Slash can't play the solos he wrote himself!

He fries at every opportunity that comes along, the truth is Slash is not a shadow of his former self.

Play a solo from the bottom of the soul, something that Slash did like no one else, unfortunately it is in the past

Edited by KIKOZ3
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, KIKOZ3 said:

You can criticize Axl in these songs as much as you want, Slash  damaged all the solos like an amateur guitarist and without taste, not a word, right?

He fries at every opportunity that comes along, the truth is Slash is not a shadow of his former self.

Play a solo from the bottom of the soul, something that Slash did like no one else, unfortunately it is in the past

Hey I agree and have said it many times here!!!

50 minutes ago, KIKOZ3 said:

I hear ya........ Someone needs to tell Axl, to tell Fernando, to call Buckethead. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

I hear ya........ Someone needs to tell Axl, to tell Fernando, to call Buckethead. 

You guys criticized Buckethead and Finck when they both played Slash's solos.

The truth is Slash does a much worse job of fucking Chinese solos!

Slash only cares about frying the guitar nowadays, even in Estranged  he accelerated...

What an irony of fate.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, ZoSo said:

Wow, this has to be one of the best things I've heard Slash play lately, definitely over the last two years! Structure, homage to the original tune and no incessant noodling! 👏

You're right, that was amazing. Really well done by slash, homage to the original is a perfect way to describe this. 

4 hours ago, Spoon87 said:

You're right, that was amazing. Really well done by slash, homage to the original is a perfect way to describe this. 

I was really impressed by Slash not only on the TWAT solos but also the Prostitute outro solo. I dunno what he was doing with the first SoD solo at the Glasgow show and never been a fan of his Better solo but the solos on those ChiDem songs at Paris were great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martin Riggs said:

Lay off the glue bud. Slash has been the most consistent star of the reunion shows for 7 years now. Most all reviews from objective sources repeatedly have stated this. Not trying to shit on Axl, but he can go from pretty damn good to embarrassing in the span of a few songs during a single show. These concerts/tours  work because of Slash imo

Slash shouldn't touch any Chinese solo...he makes a mess of everyone of them..leave Fortus to those, very capable 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Martin Riggs said:

Or just don’t play them at all. The vast majority of people paying to attend these concerts don’t care about them. The one VR song they play had a much bigger impact than any of the songs on CD. That’s simply a fact. Not to mention the only one Axl can reliably pull off is the title song, which isn’t even one of the better songs on the album.

Your opinion & it's absolute bullshit 

That's why 99% of people here and other forums are getting gig day randy over Perhaps & the general...which nobody has ever even heard 

Edited by DSTK

5 hours ago, Martin Riggs said:

The one VR song they play had a much bigger impact than any of the songs on CD

I would refute that as BS 😂 T.W.A.T. seems to get a way bigger reaction?

5 hours ago, Martin Riggs said:

Not to mention the only one Axl can reliably pull off is the title song

And the effort he gives for those screams nearing the end of T.W.A.T. Is incredible and never goes unappreciated from us all it seems

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DSTK said:

Your opinion & it's absolute bullshit 

That's why 99% of people here and other forums are getting gig day randy over Perhaps & the general...which nobody has ever even heard 

Most people at GNR gigs really couldn't care less about CD songs or CD leftovers.

The crowd goes mild when those songs get played live.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Most people at GNR gigs really couldn't care less about CD songs or CD leftovers.

The crowd goes mild when those songs get played live.

Most people at GN'R gigs couldn't care less about getting new music either, yet the people on this forum have spent 1193 pages going in circles about it. Why do what casual fans want become the gold standard only when Chinese Democracy is discussed? The band is obviously playing those songs for themselves as much as for the fans anyway. I can't believe people here are asking the band to get even more robotic and paint-by-numbers than they are now.

Anyway, the thought that Slither is getting a bigger reaction than stuff like TWAT and Absurd is ridiculous, and I don't understand how people who have actually been to several live shows could say that.

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 3

Gotta say, after listening to clips from this show, I have no idea where people are getting the "best Axl performance of the tour" and "Axl sounding great" from.

He sounds pretty much the same as he has at other shows this year. The one high point was that he didn't struggle too badly during Coma for a change.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Gotta say, after listening to clips from this show, I have no idea where people are getting the "best Axl performance of the tour" and "Axl sounding great" from.

He sounds pretty much the same as he has at other shows this year. The one high point was that he didn't struggle too badly during Coma for a change.

Listening to clips isn’t really the same as hearing them live.  And a performance is based upon more than audio alone, it’s the venue, crowd, atmosphere, weather, and general good feeling that isn’t captured by film or audio.  I guess the only people that can definitively answer the question is someone who has attended all shows.  There are a few of those here. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, D4NNY said:

I would refute that as BS 😂 T.W.A.T. seems to get a way bigger reaction?

And the effort he gives for those screams nearing the end of T.W.A.T. Is incredible and never goes unappreciated from us all it seems

You think TWAT has been a more successful song than Slither? I doubt most casual fans are even aware of the song. Slither was a Grammy winning hit song that is still played on radio stations around the world to this day..I don’t think I’ve heard TWAT played on the radio in 15 years. I assume that’s likely true for most people. 

Regarding the live performance of TWAT, I like the screams too but the way he sings the verses kinda ruins it for me. 

• Like 2