07/13/23 - Paris, FR - LaDefense

downzy

5 hours ago, agustingloger said:

I read the lucky ones comments and went to see the setlist . I tought they played out ta get me / you're crazy/ Nice boys. But prostituye??? I couldn't care less about that one. It's Nice to see they're shaking up things tough

I bet the band are having a restless night and no sleep knowing you didn't want to hear Prostitute 

6 hours ago, Walapino said:

exactly and a good proper live mix.

We couldn't get that on Appetite for democracy or even Ansurd and Hard skool singles...so hope is thin lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SAU3R said:

you can tell he listened to the song and follows the structure of the solo, outlining the melody when it’s needed but still giving his own twist to it. That’s honestly all I want from him on CD (and also all other) songs 

I think it's one of his better ones! I think it's easy to overanalyze, that was perfectly decent solo, being faithfull and being Slash at the sametime...apparently he CAN do both sometimes...

5 hours ago, DSTK said:

I bet the band are having a restless night and no sleep knowing you didn't want to hear Prostitute 

We couldn't get that on Appetite for democracy or even Ansurd and Hard skool singles...so hope is thin lol

There's many amazing sound teams that they could hire to get it RIGHT....the destiny lies within....

10 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

🤟🤟🤟🤟🤟So glad this is a semi permanent edition of late! Slash is sounding good on this IMO! Axl is loving those screams...

Wow, this has to be one of the best things I've heard Slash play lately, definitely over the last two years! Structure, homage to the original tune and no incessant noodling! 👏

• Like 2

It hurts seeing Axl sing TWAT and Prostitute. He can't sing those songs that high pitched anymore. I wish he would go full on baritone.

Slash did great though. His TWAT solo certainly has improved a lot.

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

It hurts seeing Axl sing TWAT and Prostitute. He can't sing those songs that high pitched anymore.

Yeah, that weak falsetto Mickey Mouse nonsense is just awful, I can't get used to it, it's just cringe.

It's even worse when he switches to the way more powerful deeper voice within a song. Why the hell doesn't he sing TWAT with his natutal voice (apart from the screams of course)? 

I don't get it.

• Like 2

I thought Axl's scream in TWAT was all over the place and not controlled at all. He even struggled to land it.

I loved his performance at Grasspop, Glastonbury etc. but think that yesterday did not seem to be very good. It started great, but it rapidly degraded and he sounded week om a lot of songs in the second half of the set :-/

Which pains me, I want him to succeed so bad. I love his energy and dedication, and he still remains an amazing frontman.

Axl sucks in TWAT and Prostitute…I’ve read some comments saying he killed it on those songs…Im really shocked at how some think those performances are even pasaable

If you are there you surely enjoy them cause live things May sound better than on video and you enjoy watching tour music idols, but for the ones listening on stream or live videos on YT this in really embarrasing

Weak on the verses, that thin voice cracking and the uncontrolled screams…come on

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ZoSo said:

Wow, this has to be one of the best things I've heard Slash play lately, definitely over the last two years! Structure, homage to the original tune and no incessant noodling! 👏

Indeed, it standed out immediately as the song was going, I was paying very close attention to how slash would go into the solo, and boy did he do good!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Grayfox said:

Really?! Don’t play with someone’s heart strings if it’s not true..

Haha Generation sex indeed was playing black leather :p Billy Idol was entertaining I must see and it was cool to hear all those songs they played

10 hours ago, DSTK said:

I didn't Say that. But before checking the setlist i read all those comments and tought they played something else than Prostitute. You know here You can give your opinion that's what all is this about 

15 hours ago, D.. said:

Review: it was absolutely incredible.

I wasn't sure I was going to the gig tonight. Decided at the last moment because so many problems in my life.

Just: There Was A Time + Prostitute. + Coma. Has this ever happened?

And Axl sang perfectly on those. He sang with fucking passion. I remember asking Bumblefoot to play TWAT 13 years ago and he told me "ask Axl". And I was too shy to ask Axl.

Despite all the shit I'm going through, those songs alone were worth it.

The band is extremely tight, everyone is playing his part perfectly.

Axl sounds much better in person than in YT videos, as usual.

And he's just graceful. You have to be there to understand.  He is out of this world.

Again the band is great. I just feel Richard could be offered a better spotlight, I miss his Bond theme. He's an amazing guitar player.

They begun at 8 pm, I can't believe it.

I have absolutely no complaint, tonight was just crazy.

Thank you Axl, because you're the one who held on all along.

My father has a cancer, he's been hospitalized two weeks ago, his right foot has been left paralyzed. Permanently. It's very hard to process.

And my cat has a few more weeks to live. Tumor. On the rib. Impossible to get rid of.

In short I'm going through the worst period of my life. It's the worst fucking year for me.

So attending such a great gig was soothing. You have to appreciate every single moment. Thank you Axl.

Glad you had a great time. God bless you and your family 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, SAU3R said:

you can tell he listened to the song and follows the structure of the solo, outlining the melody when it’s needed but still giving his own twist to it. That’s honestly all I want from him on CD (and also all other) songs 

I can't blame him . I listen to that song a lot hahaha

Slash's on TWAT was awesome! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ZoSo said:

This has got to be Slashs best TWAT solo of all time. Axl singing over it almost is detrimental. I don't think anyone can point to a better Slash solo on TWAT over the last 6 years. it's really incredible.

5 hours ago, ChrisMaciel said:

People asking for baritone voice in high pitched songs… dear lord 

I don't think anyone said that, e.g. for the second part of TWAT. On the verses of TWAT, on the other hand, he could use his lower voice instead of only switching to it on the last line like he does now.

45 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think anyone said that

12 hours ago, Lethalis said:

It hurts seeing Axl sing TWAT and Prostitute. He can't sing those songs that high pitched anymore. I wish he would go full on baritone.