06/27/23 - Glasgow, GB - Bellahouston Park

downzy

4 hours ago, Giblet said:

Funny to see NME do a review of Glasto and basically mention GNR only in reference to Dave Grohl.

Same journos who "had" to comment about them being on time. But licking the hole off of Lana Del Ray, even though she fucked up her set.

It's cool to only like "modern" music, and maybe give Elton a nod, because well.. they can't go all the way.

Journalists. The back seat drivers of music.

Sorry, i read a good review in NME. @Blackstar post it review.

Man, that song sounds just as basic as the demo. I liked Perhaps a lot but through the lens of, “It’s just an unfinished demo”. Hopefully Slash’s recorded solo is better than the sound check and elevates it. Idk

The Village vocal tracks all sound unfinished- writing wise. Even Hard Skool could have used another vocal part

Really makes me wonder if there was a true “CD2” or if they are just doctoring these up a bit because of the leaks. Very interesting

Anyways, we are beggers so that means we can’t be choosers. I’ll gladly take what we get. Bring on Perhaps and The General 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Man, that song sounds just as basic as the demo. I liked Perhaps a lot but through the lens of, “It’s just an unfinished demo”. Hopefully Slash’s recorded solo is better than the sound check and elevates it. Idk

The Village vocal tracks all sound unfinished- writing wise. Even Hard Skool could have used another vocal part

Really makes me wonder if there was a true “CD2” or if they are just doctoring these up a bit because of the leaks. Very interesting

Anyways, we are beggers so that means we can’t be choosers. I’ll gladly take what we get. Bring on Perhaps and The General 

Axel was in the stoodio everyday for like 15 years. There's tons of finished vocals. Tommy wouldn't lie.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Totally agree. I thought HardSkool was just a bit flat, think another pass at the vocal could have really lifted the song. The chorus works but those verses are a snore.

If the vocals on perhaps haven't changed and this is all there is in terms of changes to the music, dang... It's probably going to be the best new single they've released but it's another missed opportunity. I'd expect Slash to put a solo as good as fall to pieces on the song, definitely has room for a big melodic solo... He just doesn't seem to play that way any more though. Anyway beggars....🤣

• Sad 1

Glad to hear that soundcheck, no surprises, unless the lyrics have changed, we all know it's gonna be the exact same vocals from the demo, but WTF was that solo? 

Time for Slash to get a couple of those new Jack Daniels + Coca Cola six packs 🥃 🥃  lol are you serious man... and what about that guitar melody that accompanied Axl's vocals throughout the original? They could ask Fortus to do a couple extra licks to fill that, so, why is it so hard to release all of the songs at once if they are NOT meticulously improving them:lol: They are gonna be fine anyway i guess but not worth the wait imo

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kanecrescente said:

A great show, my back is now paying the price. Axl nearly falling head first off the stage no doubt the highlight of the evening😂 Randomly had @Amir sit next to me on the shuttle back to the centre. An absolute pleasure meeting you 👍🏻

What song did that happen?

32 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

What song did that happen?

Just before the final Reckless Life scream; he jumped on the monitor / centre bit he likes to stand on, slipped and somehow saved himself at the last moment, made numerous jokes about it, seemed to be in a unbelievably good mood 😂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rhino said:

unpopular opinion ....Perhaps is not fantastic. Atlas on the other hand is indeed fantastic

Agreed on both counts. Back when those leaks happened, I never even paid Perhaps much mind, because I thought it would never be a release of any kind. Then again we’re living in a world where a revamped “Silk Worms” was the first new single from a version of GNR with slash and duff, so…anything is possible. 

18 minutes ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

Gotta give credit where it’s due. I don’t mind slash’s solo here! If I remember, Robin kept it pretty tame originally? I was more scared it would be random noodling

also: that clip of reckless life is fockn great  

If that had been a bike he would have been singing soprano.  :lol:  Dodge a bullet there. 

• Haha 1