Axl guest appearance at Carrie Underwood show!

iv just watched it and in my opinion he had a few seconds here and there that he sounded pretty decent, the rest was as expected

but christ who tells this guy what clothes to wear? they need sacked, or if this is his own choice he needs to pay a stylist, infact the 3 sizes too small bike shorts from the 90s would even be better than this  lol

Edited by scottish nutter

18 minutes ago, scottish nutter said:

iv just watched it and in my opinion he had a few seconds here and there that he sounded pretty decent, the rest was as expected

but christ who tells this guy what clothes to wear? they need sacked, or if this is his own choice he needs to pay a stylist, infact the 3 sizes too small bike shorts from the 90s would even be better than this  lol

What do you suggest he should wear instead?

1 hour ago, scottish nutter said:

Axl's style is AWFUL, 🧐🤨😳😩😫, but he has the confidence of,"I wear whatever the fuck I want!" And that's badass! 🤘😁

5 hours ago, scottish nutter said:

He's one of the most famous names in rock and roll history. He's never given a shit what anyone thinks, and apparently still doesn't. That's what rock stars do. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

He's one of the most famous names in rock and roll history. He's never given a shit what anyone thinks, and apparently still doesn't. That's what rock stars do. 

I'll never get people complaining about his style. Stylist ffs. He's a rock star. Not everyone needs a stylist.

Reminds me of how they're screaming outrage at Hugh Grant at the Oscars answering 'Just my suit.' when some interviewer asked him the question: What are you wearing tonight? Seemed like a great answer to me.

Edited by Lio
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Lio said:

I'll never get people complaining about his style. Stylist ffs. He's a rock star. Not everyone needs a stylist.

Reminds me of how they're screaming outrage at Hugh Grant at the Oscars answering 'Just my suit.' when some interviewer asked him the question: What are you wearing tonight? Seemed like a great answer to me.

People got MAD at Hugh Grant for answering,"Just my suit?" When asked what he was wearing? 🧐 I find that answer amusing, not angering! 😄

What did I miss? Why is someone in here calling Axl “woke” for performing with Carrie? 😂 

I am quite amused by the oldheads who are calling Axl a sellout for performing with her btw. Not in here, but I’ve seen comments on their official pages below the photos. 

4 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

What did I miss? Why is someone in here calling Axl “woke” for performing with Carrie? 😂 

I am quite amused by the oldheads who are calling Axl a sellout for performing with her btw. Not in here, but I’ve seen comments on their official pages below the photos. 

I don't think anyone called Axl "woke" for performing with Carrie. It was about that old women-troubles stuff, now exposed to the sun once again etc. 

27 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

oh man, absolutely! always looking better at soundchecks. But also when he wears black sporty trousers off-stage 

He could absolutely pull off just shorts, sneakers, a plain shirt, and a bandana. Throw in a cool beard (oh boy, here we go again) and an occasional rasp, and we have good old Axl back! 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Basically anything that is not jeans, cowboy shoes hat and jewelley stuff:

guns-n-roses-plane-800.jpg

svm17g9zoy8s1mgs.jpg

download.jpg

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

He could absolutely pull off just shorts, sneakers, a plain shirt, and a bandana. Throw in a cool beard (oh boy, here we go again) and an occasional rasp, and we have a good old Axl back! 

Spot on!! we're on the same page.

a Kurt Cobain style with casual pants with a goatie could just be perfect as well

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

please no. with gym suits he's so slovenly

🤣 I am actually laughing out loud at this comment, not the polite chuckle kind of laugh, but the genuine gut busting type of laugh! 🤣

Edited by Karice
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 1:02 PM, 2020_Intensions said:

He briefly used his low voice on some phrases during the verses and it sounded great - Wish he would sing this and many other songs in that voice all the time - Would be a game changer in his final years of performing 

I suspect we will see more of that voice in this upcoming tour. Used I the right way it will sound good...just not anything like the casual fan will remember him for.

35 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Yeah but the casual fans rip him apart for not sounding like he used to anyways! 

I think people will gladly take the lower register than the strained Mickey voice if he can save some rasp for important parts of songs.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2023 at 5:26 PM, mystery said:

I think people will gladly take the lower register than the strained Mickey voice if he can save some rasp for important parts of songs.

I think a lot of people buying tickets for guns are not listening to his voice all that critically. They are there enjoying the show, it's loud and he's hitting the pitches and they are singing along and think it's amazing. But they do expect that banshee voice he's famous for. He has to sing the high notes.

I know a lot of people think the lower register voice is the answer... And it could be (done right), but I maintain that your average fan who just owns the greatest hits doesn't want to hear nightrain sang in a lower register. There's certain expectations that singers like Axl are expected to meet... And he painted himself into a corner years ago with high raspy vocals that became synonymous with him. 

Certain songs like November rain would be much better in this range these days, the more rocking stuff suffers. It's like driving in 6th gear on the motorway and then going back to 4th or 5th. Just doesn't give the same energy.

First step is voice coach. 2nd approach is adjusting keys of the songs to suit current Axls comfortable ranges. Final approach is singing the songs in a lower voice