Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

17 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Alright, enjoy Perhaps, HS and Silkworms and any future CD tracks folks. 

Welcome to the Chinese Democracy world. Arms wide open.

Just don't overdose listening cause Death Cube K might appear in your nightmares lol

Thank you! I'm pretty sure I Will love It!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Superior or not, you can't deny Slash's guitar alongside Axl's voice leads to the GNR sound. HS isn't anything special, but none of the CD songs have this signature sound that gives you the feeling to listen to a GNR song.

CD does sound different but I think it’s an evolution that I deeply enjoy, and I don’t think we would’ve ever gotten there without the previous works. 

I think the only way CD could’ve been perceived as a masterpiece would have been if GNR disbanded and Axl released CD under his own name. It would have never been scrutinized nearly as much as it was. And the whole “this isn’t GNR” debate wouldn’t have mattered.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Superior or not, you can't deny Slash's guitar alongside Axl's voice leads to the GNR sound. HS isn't anything special, but none of the CD songs have this signature sound that gives you the feeling to listen to a GNR song.

Classic sound? Yes I can't deny. Progress though, I can't judge cause there hasn't been any new song made from scratch by these two.

8 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Hope they keep Hard Skool in the set so I can hear it live in Boston. Would be happy to have Perhaps instead of Absurd

At the Glasgow gig, Absurd got a FAR better reception than HS. Axl struggles on HS live unfortunately and it doesn’t sound great at all. Slash clearly gets a kick out of playing it too.

7 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Have a feeling the actual campaign will officially launch on Monday.  

For this single….or something more?

7 hours ago, Dean said:

I’d be surprised if the solo is different to what Slash was doing at the rehearsals but time will tell.

Which is a shame because that wasn’t particularly great at all. Fincks one was superb - served the song so well.

5 hours ago, Its Tino said:

At least the magic 8-ball on topic. Hardschool has nothing to do with school lol. 

Someone pointed out the ‘lockers’ could have been a nod to the locker leaks. Which is actually quite funny. 🤣

• GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

1 hour ago, megaguns1982 said:

This will be another embarrassment and more proof that GnR fluked it in the 80s and early 90s

Don’t think ‘fluke’ is accurate. One could argue they shone brightly for a time and burnt out but that’s very different to a fluke which would be getting lucky with a few singles or something.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

I have to correct a previous statement I made. On Gnrevo a user posted a pic from the GNR discord that apparently showed that *banned poster we are not allowed to discuss* did in fact predict 8/11 for Perhaps a few days ago, and according to those who interacted with him he also did predict The General for late September/October. Still not 100% sure as users can go to extreme lengths to fake these things, but it's not just a blatant troll post as I previously thought.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

1 minute ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I have to correct a previous statement I made. On Gnrevo a user posted a pic from the GNR discord that apparently showed that *banned poster we are not allowed to discuss* did in fact predict 8/11 for Perhaps a few days ago, and according to those who interacted with him he also did predict The General for late September/October. Still not 100% sure as users can go to extreme lengths to fake these things, but it's not just a blatant troll post as I previously thought.

Could’ve also been a lucky guess.

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

CD does sound different but I think it’s an evolution that I deeply enjoy, and I don’t think we would’ve ever gotten there without the previous works. 

I think the only way CD could’ve been perceived as a masterpiece would have been if GNR disbanded and Axl released CD under his own name. It would have never been scrutinized nearly as much as it was. And the whole “this isn’t GNR” debate wouldn’t have mattered.

Ah the people would still be there "he broke up the band for this?? Get Slash back and be gnr again" same shit Noel Gallagher hears when he puts a simple scissor solo on his single. People can't be pleased😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I just saw the screenshot and in the "banned poster's" own words it was a guess. And really, it was an educated guess that many of us could have taken.

9 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

Very good guess though 

Well yeah, but the most obvious one to make (that it was going to be released the first week of the NA tour), even more so already knowing that it wasn't released the week prior.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Well yeah, but the most obvious one to make (that it was going to be released the first week of the NA tour), even more so already knowing that it wasn't released the week prior.

Yeah they now say he is saying late September for The General and that's also an easy guess

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Better is the song that got me into Guns N' Roses, before that, I just lumped them into being an old classic rock band with several hits, but I was far from a fan. It was only after hearing CD leaks in 2007, when I took a strong look at them, and their back catalog. As far as Slash and Axl being the "GN'R sound" Not to me, but I understand that perspective as those two are the most iconic members. As much as I hate saying it, the unreleased CD songs have to be dumbed down to fit that perspective. 

In time, I expect CD to age like the Star Wars prequels. They were appreciated decades after they were available. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Free Bird said:

exactly! i could't care less about Slash's solos being worse or better than the leaks . I want to hear Axl with Slash no matter what 

49 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Better is the song that got me into Guns N' Roses, before that, I just lumped them into being an old classic rock band with several hits, but I was far from a fan. It was only after hearing CD leaks in 2007, when I took a strong look at them, and their back catalog. As far as Slash and Axl being the "GN'R sound" Not to me, but I understand that perspective as those two are the most iconic members. As much as I hate saying it, the unreleased CD songs have to be dumbed down to fit that perspective. 

In time, I expect CD to age like the Star Wars prequels. They were appreciated decades after they were available. 

is not a perspective. GNR was always Axl and Slash. He never have should release CD under the GNR name. But I get your point and I respect it. But I don't think it's a perspective thing 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1