Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

8 minutes ago, Dlaz said:

The reactions on this thread are pathetic. There is no delay because nothing was ever officially scheduled. This is all desperate speculation based on circular logic, with nothing ever announced officially from the band. This is exactly the reason they practice a media blackout. I’m anxiously awaiting new music too, but damn, stop acting like someone’s fever dreams are inside info. 

While I would agree that it can't officially be a delay if it's not announced, I wouldn't call it "desperate speculation" when the date was right there in front of everyone. Desperate speculation would be someone in here saying, "Well, Perhaps has 7 letters. July's the 7th month of the year. That means it has to release on a Friday in July."

Anyone is delusional to think the general public gives a shit about a “new” Guns N’ Roses song.  The music is just for their hardcore fans because they’re a legacy act at this point.  There doesn't need to be this big press announcement public roll out for a single.  Alice Cooper just released one this morning.  It's not hard.  The fans care.  The public could care less.

Edited by BillConnor_1982
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

On 8/5/2023 at 10:00 AM, rumandraisin said:

It'll be interesting to see who is on drums for this, Brain or Frank. Going from the soundcheck they're not likely to be any different style wise but obviously they've been recorded 4 or 5 times since the leak we have with Josh on. 

I'm guessing Dizzy on piano, Slash on all guitars, no 4tus. 

Fortus played on the last two songs, see no reason he wouldn't have did the same again.

54 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I'd be surprised if it comes out this friday now because the whole countdown thing makes no sense anymore at this point it's too close to release. And if they want to do that, had paid someone to code that shit, they're going to use it, so 18th is pretty clear to me.

They paid Steven Wilson a huge amount to remix UYI recently.....then didn't even bother releasing it. 

They paid a professional camera crew  to record one of the 2017 US shows.....then didn't even bother releasing it. 

They paid remixers to do a whole album of CD remixes.....then didn't even bother releasing it. 

Etc etc. 

It's all madness. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

As others here are saying, Perhaps would be a cool title for an EP/album, and the cover art they’ve chosen works for that scenario as well.

”Is there gonna be a new album?”

”Perhaps.”

Id even be ok with it being a Lies 2 type of release, so that we can just get the remaining four vault songs all at once, especially if what that Mayhue guy said is true (about them finally moving on to recording a bunch of other stuff later this year).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

They paid Steven Wilson a huge amount to remix UYI recently.....then didn't even bother releasing it. 

They paid a professional camera crew  to record one of the 2017 US shows.....then didn't even bother releasing it. 

They paid remixers to do a whole album of CD remixes.....then didn't even bother releasing it. 

Etc etc. 

It's all madness. 

Don't even remind me of that UYI business. What a waste.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I like the updated version of both of these songs a lot more than the village sessions versions tbh.

I agree. I’m surprised people like the village version of Hard Skool so much. I felt it had a great melody and potential but despised the long intro and the clearly filler solo section.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Etc etc. 

It's all madness. 

I thought Steven Wilson just remixed November rain!?

Btw Steven Wilson and Porcupine Tree has some magnificent albums!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I agree. I’m surprised people like the village version of Hard Skool so much. I felt it had a great melody and potential but despised the long intro and the clearly filler solo section.

The Village version has (by most reasonable standards) a far better drum take, and a better mix over all, ironically (especially with Axl's vocals) and I prefer Robin's guitars. It sounds more cohesive in 2000, probably because the playing is largely done by those who wrote the song, and was done within that decade. And it's still technically a "rough mix" so imagine the 2000 version with whatever refinements were needed then, plus a final mix and master. The same argument for Robin's solo being filler could easily be applied to Slash's work on that song as well. Slash's playing sounds pretty uninspired, but I do like his second solo, however simple it is. 

The only thing I like more about the 2021 version is the extended chorus towards the end of the song. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The intro was my favorite part of the Village version. Because when the main riff starts coming in with the drums it builds a lot of anticipating for when the song actually starts with the fast drum roll and then Axl's vocals. Kick ass

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

The Village version has (by most reasonable standards) a far better drum take, and a better mix over all, ironically (especially with Axl's vocals) and I prefer Robin's guitars. It sounds more cohesive in 2000, probably because the playing is largely done by those who wrote the song, and was done within that decade. And it's still technically a "rough mix" so imagine the 2000 version with whatever refinements were needed then, plus a final mix and master. The same argument for Robin's solo being filler could easily be applied to Slash's work on that song as well. Slash's playing sounds pretty uninspired, but I do like his second solo, however simple it is. 

The only thing I like more about the 2021 version is the extended chorus towards the end of the song. 

Funny, my biggest problem with the 2021 version is the extended chorus at the end. Just feels awkward.

34 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

Anyone is delusional to think the general public gives a shit about a “new” Guns N’ Roses song.  The music is just for their hardcore fans because they’re a legacy act at this point

One running out of steam as well. It seems like most of their concerts (in North America at least) have to resort to heavily discounting tickets to get the turnout to be respectable. Not necessarily horrible for a band with members around 60ish…but just another example of wasted potential for what GNR could’ve/should’ve been the last 30 years. Axl and his enabling yes people have unfortunately constantly diluted the band/brand. 

1 minute ago, Martin Riggs said:

One running out of steam as well. It seems like most of their concerts (in North America at least) have to resort to heavily discounting tickets to get the turnout to be respectable. Not necessarily horrible for a band with members around 60ish…but just another example of wasted potential for what GNR could’ve/should’ve been the last 30 years. Axl and his enabling yes people have unfortunately constantly diluted the band/brand. 

They're still an all time best selling touring act though. So where from our perspective we see disaster, in reality they are incredibly succesful, more so then not only their peers, but contemporary acts too.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I agree that the drums and mix are better on the original version, but prefer the final version for all other reasons.

Same. I think the bass is great on the new version. The long instrumental parts are a tad boring on the original, especially the intro. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

They're still an all time best selling touring act though. So where from our perspective we see disaster, in reality they are incredibly succesful, more so then not only their peers, but contemporary acts too.

Depends on how you’re defining success. They could’ve been the next Stones. They have one “disappointing” album in the last 30 F’ing years…incredibly disappointing how it turned out (even with occasional exciting times like the beginning of the “reunion”).