Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

4 hours ago, SheldonR311 said:

Tickets apparently AREN’T selling.  I’ve been debating for months if I wanted to take the trip to Fenway to see them, since my last GNR show was in 2016.  But $375 plus fees totaling $450 for a pit ticket was too steep for me.  Flash forward to this past Monday when I look and see put tickets are still available, still listed at $375.  Just out of curiosity I added one to my cart to see what the total would be, in the cart the ticket was actually $149 plus fees for a total of $188, so I pulled the trigger.  $188 is acceptable in 2023, but just barely.  $375 before fees is highway robbery, even my Metallica GA ticket for next August at Gillette was only $300 before fees and that’s for both nights.  

What are you freaking expecting??? Metallica had two nights at Metlife Stadium charging $9,000 for pit each night. There were plenty of people in the pit at both shows. No matter which band you see in the pit, it'll always be expensive. For both Metallica and GNR, I paid $180 including fees.  For GNR, I'm sitting in the lower level at Metlife Stadium . For Metallica, I sat in the mezzanine section further back at Metlife Stadium. Additionally, I have a college friend who has Metallica as his favorite band. He got tickets for $100 both nights. He sat in the upper deck in the back.  Don't complain when you are selecting the most expensive seat to begin with.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sonicjam said:

I think Beta doesnt really deserve the hatred. Axl wanted a mother figure and a proper family and she was able to do that for him. She seems like a genuinely caring person, going by that interview she gave back in 2001. Any issues with Axl not releasing music is surely on him.

Her family literally manages the band...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Her family literally manages the band...

Watch the video on YouTube where Axl punches someone at an airport. He punched a guy who hit Beta. Axl clearly yells “he hit my mother!”. So weird

27 minutes ago, Sonicjam said:

I think Beta doesnt really deserve the hatred. Axl wanted a mother figure and a proper family and she was able to do that for him. She seems like a genuinely caring person, going by that interview she gave back in 2001. Any issues with Axl not releasing music is surely on him.

It's just racism as well.

2 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

jOQmzCQ_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Everyone go and request Perhaps lol 

holy airbrush

Edited by GNR4Ever2024
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Draguns said:

What are you freaking expecting??? Metallica had two nights at Metlife Stadium charging $9,000 for pit each night. There were plenty of people in the pit at both shows. No matter which band you see in the pit, it'll always be expensive. For both Metallica and GNR, I paid $180 including fees.  For GNR, I'm sitting in the lower level at Metlife Stadium . For Metallica, I sat in the mezzanine section further back at Metlife Stadium. Additionally, I have a college friend who has Metallica as his favorite band. He got tickets for $100 both nights. He sat in the upper deck in the back.  Don't complain when you are selecting the most expensive seat to begin with.   

Pit seats were way down in price the day of both shows which I attended as a guest

Always wait till last minute if you want to see any acts. Promoters always release more tickets the day of the show and the renaming tickets are usually a lot cheaper. I was gifted front row seats for MetLife. The ones Im currently in are going for around $350, waaaaaay down from what they were when they went on sale. 

no show is ever “sold out” (unless it was April 1, 2016)

• Like 2

The U.S. market for rock music is pretty much dead.  Country Music ( aka Pop Country) has completely taken over along with hip hop.  Perhaps has single written all over it... it's radio friendly.  It just needs major promotion to get a blimp on radar, with the previous genre's... I've listed above.    You would pretty much have to go the Foo Fighters route... always in the press... talk shows, etc.  I just don't see GnR doing either or... Can you blame management? yes... ultimately it's up to Axl, he can do whatever he wants.  This isn't the late 80's or early 90's.... I think Perhaps can do well..... I've always had the idea of having it being played in a series that's on a streaming service.   Something that people watch alot and they hear the song, play during a scene and go " oh I really like that song".  Oh it's Guns N' Roses new song? i'll have to check it out.   Nowadays you really have to be creative...  Hopefully it comes out Friday or the next.

34 minutes ago, Sonicjam said:

I don't think anybody hates or dislikes Beta due to lack of new music. I think it is entirely due to how she has acted towards and things she has said about the fans online.

Just now, 2020_Intensions said:

I don't think anybody hates or dislikes Beta due to lack of new music. I think it is entirely due to how she has acted towards and things she has said about the fans online.

Ah okay. Fans haven't been the most supportive of axl (entitlements to his music etc). I kind of understand if she had a negative attitude towards the fan base, if for that reason. I guess it's just an endless cycle at this point.

• Like 1

Just now, Sonicjam said:

Ah okay. Fans haven't been the most supportive of axl (entitlements to his music etc). I kind of understand if she had a negative attitude towards the fan base, if for that reason. I guess it's just an endless cycle at this point.

Yeah, there's a very long and negative / toxic relationship between the hardcore fans and Team Brazil. I can't speak strongly on the specifics of that bad blood history. Maybe some other members that know it better can help answer that for you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SheldonR311 said:

Tickets apparently AREN’T selling.  I’ve been debating for months if I wanted to take the trip to Fenway to see them, since my last GNR show was in 2016.  But $375 plus fees totaling $450 for a pit ticket was too steep for me.  Flash forward to this past Monday when I look and see put tickets are still available, still listed at $375.  Just out of curiosity I added one to my cart to see what the total would be, in the cart the ticket was actually $149 plus fees for a total of $188, so I pulled the trigger.  $188 is acceptable in 2023, but just barely.  $375 before fees is highway robbery, even my Metallica GA ticket for next August at Gillette was only $300 before fees and that’s for both nights.  

Prices are definitely too expensive (imo) but these shows are selling. Europe sold great and the 2 Canadian shows were both packed. 20K and 40K is nothing to sneeze at. I'm sure most Americans shows will sell just fine. A few head-scratchers in there for sure tho...