Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

I just find it annoying that nothing can go as it should. Absolutely nothing.

But we've had the leaks for five years now, so sadly it's not that big of a deal. It would be nice to get some official releases, but live shows and old music are the only things we can enjoy as fans.

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

How hard is it to release one song, especially when Perhaps on the 11th received more press coverage than their previous releases? The band and those managing the release/distribution are a joke. 

That’s why I’m starting to think it’ll be an EP right out of the gate. Why else would there be a countdown and pre-save option and whatnot? Doesn’t make sense to do all that just for one song imo.

• Like 2

I’m just glad a lot of these songs have already leaked so they can’t try to pass them off as “new” GnR songs written with Slash and Duff. Tom Mayhue made an attempt at changing the narrative to make people think they recorded 29 songs for Appetite, but nice try buddy.  The laziest brand in the world is just copying and pasting parts on songs deemed not good enough in 2008 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FabioRoses said:

okay, let me say something
am I disappointed? A lot, it's ridiculous how hard is it to release something new. But there was nothing officialy scheduled, so we can't say "plans changed". 

We can say plans changed. Clearly Perhaps was intended for the 11th given the video that was temporarily available via the Linkfire page. Was it officially announced? No, but the marketers were stupid enough to upload a preview campaign on a live link and that tells us all we need to know about the initial plans.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

That’s why I’m starting to think it’ll be an EP right out of the gate. Why else would there be a countdown and pre-save option and whatnot? Doesn’t make sense to do all that just for one song imo.

Perhaps and 3 new previously unreleased live tracks! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jw224 said:

Perhaps and 3 new previously unreleased live tracks! :D

I’ll take whatever, at this point.

3 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

I’m just glad a lot of these songs have already leaked so they can’t try to pass them off as “new” GnR songs written with Slash and Duff. Tom Mayhue made an attempt at changing the narrative to make people think they recorded 29 songs for Appetite, but nice try buddy.  The laziest brand in the world is just copying and pasting parts on songs deemed not good enough in 2008 

That’s probably why that one guy cut him off to ask where he’s from. He knew Tom was bullshitting!

7 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I’ll take whatever, at this point.

That’s probably why that one guy cut him off to ask where he’s from. He knew Tom was bullshitting!

what are you guys talking about? Tom Mayhue was bullshiting and made an attempt to change the narrative? if one or both of you are joking, my bad, but give me a fuckin' break lol... the man was just answering questions to the best of his ability.

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

what are you guys talking about? Tom Mayhue was bullshiting and made an attempt to change the narrative? if one or both of you are joking, my bad, but give me a fuckin' break lol... the man was just answering questions to the best of his ability.

I was half-joking. I don’t think he fully lied, but I do think he exaggerated and/or has a shit memory.

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

I was half-joking. I don’t think he fully lied, but I do think he exaggerated and/or has a shit memory.

yeah I just think he got confused a little bit with some things due to the limitations of his role in the Gn'R camp, that's all.

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m kind of tired of the “it was never formally announced” posts.

Are we just going to forget that “a” new song has been teased to us by Slash for two years straight?  That we had a tour manager a month ago say they were “trying to release a single any day now”. That they’ve been rehearsing an unreleased song for months? 

Do you know how many of us are fucking sick of this band pulling our leg?  And should 2 songs in 2021 make us all forget the band hasn’t released an album in 15 years? 

It has to be some kind of sick, cruel joke. In my opinion, this is not a moment to defend this band, this is a moment where the fans have every right and then some to be crushed.

All of that is true.....but it's also true that they never officially said "Perhaps is coming on X date". 

It's utterly frustrating and baffling of course, but as regards the exact date- that disappointment is a little on us. We should know better. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rovim said:

GnR was a nobody new band when they recorded Appetite for Geffen Records. A label like Geffen wouldn’t fund a studio bill for a new band to record over 2 dozen songs.  Axl did however, record 29 plus songs for Chinese Democracy 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

You must be new here :lol:

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

GnR was a nobody new band when they recorded Appetite for Geffen Records. A label like Geffen wouldn’t fund a studio bill for a new band to record over 2 dozen songs.  Axl did however, record 29 plus songs for Chinese Democracy 

and that was Tom making a mistake or misremembering, not him trying to change the narrative.