Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

4 minutes ago, Illusion1987 said:

I don't think this is  management issue. The joke boxes weren't supposed to list the songs until the release dates...that was the agreement.  I imagine there are a number of radio stations that have the song today....but they know they can't air it until the release date...that waa the agreement. 

I work in radio. Nothing gets sent out until the “impact date” specifically to prevent leaks. You won’t see a song get listed on the radio distribution channels until the label approves it and uploads it.

Edited by The Real McCoy

5 minutes ago, ChristianGNR said:

Management did nothing to stop the Juicebox “leak”

Wouldn't be surprised if they totally forgot or didn't even realise.

Say the original release was planned for 11th August.
The actual track will have been available somewhere for folk to download/stream as soon as it was "live" and the song was officially released. For whatever reason, they never put it out but maybe it automatically became available for the jukebox thing.

1 minute ago, Bansidhe said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they totally forgot or didn't even realise.

Say the original release was planned for 11th August.
The actual track will have been available somewhere for folk to download/stream as soon as it was "live" and the song was officially released. For whatever reason, they never put it out but maybe it automatically became available for the jukebox thing.

Seems like an oversight, I mean who the fuck has ever heard of this app before? It seems like they simply forgot to pull it from that one, because it's so low profile unlike Apple music, Spotify etc. And the fact it's STILL up means 1) the band either thinks it's kinda cool and let it stay until friday when it's out 2) or Touchtunes is a really small company that starts work monday morning and will remove it in a few hours lol. 

Either way it will be released soon now with quality leaks floating out there and news articles.

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Seems like an oversight, I mean who the fuck has ever heard of this app before? It seems like they simply forgot to pull it from that one, because it's so low profile unlike Apple music, Spotify etc. And the fact it's STILL up means 1) the band either thinks it's kinda cool and let it stay until friday when it's out 2) or Touchtunes is a really small company that starts work monday morning and will remove it in a few hours lol. 

Either way it will be released soon now with quality leaks floating out there and news articles.

Or the band decides to punish us some more and pulls the release completely. 

Let’s not pretend like that’s not a possibility here…. 

I haven't been on this forum in ages, somehow I remembered my login info. But Perhaps sent me here....lol

At first listen its a good song, I couldn't make out any differentiation between what part of the solo was Robin and what was Slash, probably due to the cellphone quality version, no complaints on the solo from me I liked it,   I just don't understand why this band handles new music so badly as far as promotion and release is concerned. Its not like they're young kids who don't know any better.....

4 minutes ago, GnRFL said:

I haven't been on this forum in ages, somehow I remembered my login info. But Perhaps sent me here....lol

At first listen its a good song, I couldn't make out any differentiation between what part of the solo was Robin and what was Slash, probably due to the cellphone quality version, no complaints on the solo from me I liked it,   I just don't understand why this band handles new music so badly as far as promotion and release is concerned. Its not like they're young kids who don't know any better.....

You're like the 5th person from 2003-2005 to log on here. It's so cool to see old fans like this coming back because this fucking band is FINALLY becoming active and releasing decent singles again (even if it is in a clusterfuck fashion like this)

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I’ve been using TouchTunes at bars all over the US for years. They’ve been around a while, generally reliable service, and from what I’ve read they have a decent 40/40/20 revenue share between themselves, artist, and venue on their paid streams. It’s basically the modern day jukebox but not limited to physical media stored in the unit since it’s network enabled. I hope this gaffe doesn’t hurt the company - I would guess they acted in good faith when they received the file from GNR/UMGs aggregator. They probably don’t have a good process to acknowledge/walk back a change - so the originally 8/11 date wasn’t “overwritten” with the new release date, whatever that may be. 

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

You're like the 5th person from 2003-2005 to log on here. It's so cool to see old fans like this coming back because this fucking band is FINALLY becoming active and releasing decent singles again (even if it is in a clusterfuck fashion like this)

Same here! I joined here a couple years after HTGTH, I think specifically right around the time the 2006 leaks were happening and the Mysterion Hammerstein presales were going down. 

5 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

Its much better than Absurd and Hard Skool. Just release it, ffs. Its a good song.

I don't know, i kind of prefer hard skool and I think absurd is very good live, also I'm not mother tongue so although i know the lyrics are ridiculous but I don't really get affected much when I hear it. 

The solo is a head scratcher, it's not awful or bad even... But it sounds like he literally heard the track and said press record. I might actually prefer the demo solo, but overall I thi k this version is better. Interested to see how Axl navigates the chorus, there's a lot of singing there and a lot of voices 

Just now, Tom2112 said:

The solo is a head scratcher, it's not awful or bad even... But it sounds like he literally heard the track and said press record. I might actually prefer the demo solo, but overall I thi k this version is better. Interested to see how Axl navigates the chorus, there's a lot of singing there and a lot of voices 

The solo is lazy to say the list, he could have done so much better, is just annoying that he didn't even try.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Are people reay expecting Slash to go all out with an inspired soulful solo to Chi Dem leftovers? lmao cmon now

People expect Slash to care about the quality of his own work, and the solo is his work with his name attached to it.

I don't even think the solo is bad, but a certain level of effort is always an expectation as a professional in any field. 

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 2

After hearing It like 10 times I can say that the mix, even in the quality we are hearing, sounds so good, drums are far better than in the demo and the additions on the guitar plus the new vocals give the song a new air, It's a family song to play at the radio so I hope they can give some promotion around because It will be well received by people!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Are people reay expecting Slash to go all out with an inspired soulful solo to Chi Dem leftovers? lmao cmon now

Thing is though, it just sounds like he'd listened to it a couple of times and just threw something down. 

For a tune like Hard Skool I can see how that'd work but for something a bit more dramatic, you'd think he'd maybe work a bit harder to come up with something a bit more memorable. It's not like he was short of time.

3 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

Thing is though, it just sounds like he'd listened to it a couple of times and just threw something down. 

For a tune like Hard Skool I can see how that'd work but for something a bit more dramatic, you'd think he'd maybe work a bit harder to come up with something a bit more memorable. It's not like he was short of time.

I imagine this isn’t what he would like to release as new GNR music after all these years. Maybe this is just him not giving a shit as Axl can’t even be bothered to record newer vocals, let alone write new songs. 

I’m curious to know, wouldn’t this be the one occasion that it’s ok to share links to the song or throw it on YouTube? The jukeboxes are in a public space which isn’t illegal to record, the band released the music of their own free will. Unless I’m missing something?

2 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Place your bets. Come tomorrow, will the band/Team Brazil/the label:

A) acknowledge any of this 

B) tuck their heads in the sand and ignore it

C) rush release the single to online retailers. 

D) Punish the fans some more and cancel the release completely.

B

Actually there is no way they are gonna do anything about it, at most they are gonna cancel the pre save countdown.