Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

31 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No, I don't think Axl suddenly wanted changes to the song. More likely something with legal or logistics. Again, it is not like the song was announced to be released last week, it was an inhouse deadline, it cost them nothing to delay with one week and none would have known if it weren't for our sleuthing. 

@Coma16 Just to follow up on that. Axl is of course the reason why GN'R releases music so rarely, and he is liable to change his mind quickly and cause all kinds of hickups and delays. But I don't think he was at fault this time; this time something just wasn't ready for the tentative release time, it was likely more connected with the various moving parts, like legal and label and streaming services, which meant they decided that it was best to give it a few more days. It wasn't Axl getting cold feet or wanting to change the song or suddenly deciding to "punish us" (hahah, I can't get over that theory :lol:).

34 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

This is something I read about on the forums, but didn't hear myself when I listened to the song. Possibly because the bartender chose this moment to try and refill my drink, so I was distracted. I'll have to give it another listen.

This is actually an interesting perspective. I hadn't thought about it this way. You're right.

It does bring up another beef I have with Chinese Democracy and much of the Village Leaks: there is so much mid-tempo to slower-ploddy stuff and not nearly enough uptempo, fast tunes. I think that's why I like Tonto and even Mustache so much - they have some pep in their step. 

The great Elvis Presley once said "As a general rule, an audience always goes for a fast number." He's right. They need to release something with some speed to it.

Great point, but I think HS and Absurd are plenty upbeat. More AFD pace if you will. Perhaps and Atlas more Axl UYI type. 

On a side note, I know that I’ve listened to a GNR song with the title “The General” with vocals. Could be mislabeled and is actually another song, but I can’t pair it with any other leaked title. Have others heard this?  Very epic with lots of changes and some classical instrumentation. 

2 hours ago, Bansidhe said:

Can't quite place it...

this time I'm completly lost. I Know I'm French and my English is not good. I do my best. and after one day working I can't realize what happen. It 's crasy. I'm try to figurate all this in informations. Anyway it's good to be with you my Friend's..even I d'ont know in real !!!!   " I don't  know why but.......why not" . my best sentence ever

Edited by AxlSlashthebest

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

@Coma16 Just to follow up on that. Axl is of course the reason why GN'R releases music so rarely, and he is liable to change his mind quickly and cause all kinds of hickups and delays. But I don't think he was at fault this time; this time something just wasn't ready for the tentative release time, it was likely more connected with the various moving parts, like legal and label and streaming services, which meant they decided that it was best to give it a few more days. It wasn't Axl getting cold feet or wanting to change the song or suddenly deciding to "punish us" (hahah, I can't get over that theory :lol:).

Possibly. But then again, we're talking about a guy who had a tour cancelled because he wanted to watch the 4th quarter...

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

That’s some sick artwork. Definitely not AI generated. Font looks great too and it looks it wasn’t just Placed there with PS or illustrator. It blends with the artwork

edit: never mind, just seen the GNFNRS behind the skeleton and that looks amateurish

Edited by alangarcianr

After listening to the Slash solo a bunch of times, I'm pretty sure it'll sound a lot better in the official release. It appears to be double-tracked and the low-quality cellphone recordings in mono probably make it sound worse than it actually is. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gibson87 said:

They removed it :lol:

Well it’s Monday morning so kind of expected. Nobody was working or willing to fix it on a weekend. Yesterday was the window to hear it 

Now we know that it exists and it was ready for release. Hopefully they put it out there soon 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Well it’s Monday morning so kind of expected. Nobody was working or willing to fix it on a weekend. Yesterday was the window to hear it 

Now we know that it exists and it was ready for release. Hopefully they put it out there soon 

My bad, I should have been more clear- the artwork from the Reddit link was removed by the mods of r/GunsNRoses

11 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I’m glad they took it down.

Now they can release it to radio with a proper rollout and it’ll be a huge hit! Teenagers will be into it. GNR will be back on top of the charts! Hope you had fun, Harry Styles and Taylor Swift, but it’s Axl’s time to shine now!

If they really wanted to make it have a real impact they would make a real video for it, but we will probably only get some animated lyric video again. I know you're joking, but I really believe this will atleast have a way more positive reception from the general public and casual GNR fans than the last 2 songs. It sounds more like classic GNR to me because it has an UYI vibe to it, and I haven't even heard the full quality version yet, but I can tell it's mixed way better than Hard Skool, which was absolutely trashed sound wise.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

9 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I’m glad they took it down.

Now they can release it to radio with a proper rollout and it’ll be a huge hit! Teenagers will be into it. GNR will be back on top of the charts! Hope you had fun, Harry Styles and Taylor Swift, but it’s Axl’s time to shine now!

Idk how is the US panorama but, teenagers still listening to radio nowadays? 

2 minutes ago, Makkun said:

I'm 29 and no, teenagers already didn't listen to radio when I was a teenager 10 years ago lol. It's all streaming and Youtube now, which is why a video would make a better impact

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 minute ago, Makkun said:

No, not really. People still listen to radio, of course, but not nearly as much as streaming. And radio doesn’t break songs anymore - they become popular online and then the radio play picks up.

I was just being sarcastic. This isn’t going to be a radio smash.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

No, not really. People still listen to radio, of course, but not nearly as much as streaming. And radio doesn’t break songs anymore - they become popular online and then the radio play picks up.

I was just being sarcastic. This isn’t going to be a radio smash.

Radio will play it for one week, two weeks tops… And then it’s back to paradise city

• Like 2