Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

4 minutes ago, Rodela said:

I guess you are a new GNR fan, lol.

People assume the worst, because the worst is all the band has to offer.

Been a fan for the last 34 years. I've seen the worst, what is happening right now is very far from this.

20 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

I work in radio. We know nothing. Trust me.

I thought you worked in advertisement? 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

26 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Been a fan for the last 34 years. I've seen the worst, what is happening right now is very far from this.

I thought you worked in advertisement? 

Radio promotions (which is basically marketing/advertising) along with every other role you can do in the industry.

I’m also not going to willingly doxx myself either, so there’s that.

Edited by The Real McCoy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Billy Cundy said:

This verbose gentleman is, as the kids might say, ‘spitting facts’. Shit don’t float. They put their worst foot forward with Absurd, and the follow ups haven’t been quite good enough to capture anyone outside of the fan bases’ attention. 

Tinfoil hat theory: a proper comeback album or proper comeback single in 2016 had too much potential to slow the momentum of the tour. Dropping Absurd way after the fact broke the ice and lowered expectations on what was going to be released going forward. The "real" comeback material was Shadow of Your Love and the AFD/UYI boxsets. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I assume its a Bucket album?

I have no doubt I'd like some of his guitarwork there but, without knowing anything of that record, I'm pretty confident I would dislike the complete songs. Unfortunately most of the time when I tried to listen to his songs I couldn't make it to the main guitar solo. 

It's one of the best Bucket albums as you can hear his emotional and melodical style of playing. Dude can shred like a beast but albums like Electric Tears or Colma are the opposite to that.

8 minutes ago, Sosso said:

It's one of the best Bucket albums as you can hear his emotional and melodical style of playing. Dude can shred like a beast but albums like Electric Tears or Colma are the opposite to that.

I gave it a listen and it's really not my cup of tea. As expected the guitar is nice here and there but the overall songs aren't mine. What didn't annoy me, bored me to death to be honest. I've got to say I really enjoy listening ( and watching) to Soothsayer.

1 hour ago, The Real McCoy said:

Radio promotions (which is basically marketing/advertising) along with every other role you can do in the industry.

I’m also not going to willingly doxx myself either, so there’s that.

Wasn't my intention. I just got confused by what you said before. I don't doubt your knowledge on this.

1 hour ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

'Negativity' is a perspective. I don't think I'm being negative. I think I'm being realistic.

I'd be surprised if many people take this personally outside of this sub. I write long posts about the band on here while I'm on a break, or laying in bed before I go to sleep, or half-watching something on TV with my girlfriend. Then I put my phone down and don't think about it again. Music is my passion, the band is one of my favorites, so of course rhetoric gets a little heated at times. Don't take it so hard.

I'm not taking hard. In fact, the thing is that people are taking this too hard, which is why I commented on the negativity. 

IMO, it's not really realistic to feel this betrayed by the band just because the song wasn't released in a date that wasn't even official. 

And I fully agree with you other comment about Team Brazil being Axl. I always question: if the mgmt team was just some US family (maybe even Axl's family), would people vent their frustration towards them as much? I'm not so sure.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

And I fully agree with you other comment about Team Brazil being Axl. I always question: if the mgmt team was just some US family (maybe even Axl's family), would people vent their frustration towards them as much? I'm not so sure.

I don't think there's any racial component to it. People are just frustrated by wishing their favorite band would just function like everyone else's favorite band seems to be able to function.

The (rapidly shrinking) diehard U2 fanbase does the same thing. First it was "Paul McGuine$$" they took issue with, and now it's Guy O'Seary who catches their ire. And they've been way more prolific than Guns N' Roses have.

Edited by GoodOlJohnnyK
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

The song itself, for one.

I’ve really enjoyed your incendiary and hilarious descriptions of “Perhaps” and this band. However, I really like this song a lot. It was the one that immediately stood out to me on the locker leaks (along with “State of Grace”). 

“Hard Skool” studio was disappointing to me. It went from this driving, angry rocker to this upbeat poppy rocker. I don’t prefer the locker leak because that intro was gratuitous. And I like Duff’s bass lines and Slash’s guitars. I don’t like the reverb (echo?) on Axl’s voice. Or the way they doubled the chorus at the end.  

What I find weird with all these songs is they all seem to be missing one additional verse. Like Axl couldn’t be bothered to write more lyrics. This is a band that’s always been known for the epic journeys the songs take you on, along with killer codas.

“Absurd,” “Hard Skool” and “Perhaps” all could have used an additional verse rather than repeating. 

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, DSTK said:

They failed to promote Chinese democracy as an album..I don't know why people are expecting a party to be held for Perhaps 

Axl failed to promote it you mean. No one else. Just Axl. To go missing when the album comes out after all those years was the final nail. No video, no interview until Jan 09 and he knew full well that he was making a bold statement in one of those interviews saying Slash is a cancer. That was his idea of promotion. Two interviews then the Asian tour 11 months later. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Beggars can't be choosers :lol: Well, I like it. 

7 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I’ve really enjoyed your incendiary and hilarious descriptions of “Perhaps” and this band. However, I really like this song a lot. It was the one that immediately stood out to me on the locker leaks (along with “State of Grace”). 

I'm not saying this to be snarky - I'm legitimately happy that people like the song. I wish I did. I'd rather have a new song to listen to than hate on it.

It's just not for me.

My best case scenario is that this band goes nuts and releases 3 singles this tour - Perhaps, State of Grace, and Atlas Shrugged - so that we can just get them out of the way and I can look forward to hearing something newish in 2025 or whenever they reconvene for another NA tour.

• Like 1