Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

11 minutes ago, DSTK said:

Blue & lonesome was crap, saw the stones in 2018 in Manchester & nobody seemed to know the track they played off it...irrelevant twoddle compared to what they're great at , they can't get away with releasing 'let's spend the night together' as a single in 2019 and claiming that one haha

Elton , nothing good for years, still a class act live & I'm glad I've seen him a few times, the stones too...nostalgia or not, great shows , but again, what they've released over 20 years or so isn't anything memorable 

Releasing music doesn't make money, touring does 

I suppose it is all subjective, I quite like Blue and Lonesome so agree to disagree :)  I think Elton too has released a ton of great stuff in addition to his recent great tours so I am of a different mindset - I love most of his albums the past 20 years honestly

All things considered (:slash:) I just like seeing artists making art for the sake of making art.  Robert Plant could have made a crap ton more money over the years if he stuck with Jimmy and milked the Zeppelin cash cow but he just has done his own thing for the love of it all. 

And it is a shame GNR seemingly is not interested in that aspect lol so even if some folks are not as into Elton's later albums I am glad he put them out for those who are, that is what artists should be doing IMO

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 3

Releasing music is what music bands do. Especially those who haven’t done anything of the sort in decades and recently reunited and keep dangling carrots regarding tons of material. Writers don’t just do public readings, they also release the actual, you know, products. For the majority to enjoy it at home in the original version, any time and any way they like. But yeah, let’s rather find another excuse for NITL leg 78654, this time with a different cover and another rehashed old demo. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Releasing music is what music bands do. Especially those who haven’t done anything of the sort in decades and recently reunited and keep dangling carrots regarding tons of material. Writers don’t just do public readings, they also release the actual, you know, products. For the majority to enjoy it at home in the original version, any time and any way they like. But yeah, let’s rather find another excuse for NITL leg 78654, this time with a different cover and another rehashed old demo. 

Axl should just release a Deluxe Chinese Democracy in a box set with part 2 as is (or whatever is left/finished). I don't think he realizes how liberating it'd be for him to just let the material go. Then... if the current formation of the band wanted to release an album, they could just deliver Axl 10-12 original instrumentals for him to write and put vocals on. I doubt we'll ever get a truly collaborative album. Too many possibilities for tensions to arise.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DannyVinyard said:

The general public wants a good solo, no matter who is playing it. Robin's lack of success is all on Axl. Axl gave the middle finger to Robin in 2002 when he no-showed Philly and went into hiding for 4 years. Robin gave him a second chance in 2006. Axl failed to release the album, again, and then had the nerve to not want to promote it when it was forced out in 2008. Nice way to treat the band members who were absolutely loyal to you.

Well I agree Axl has messed over the old band members and ill even throw steve adler and izzy in there.

But no way is a ex member going to be doing the main solo on a new single when Slash is in the band. Thats ludicrous. No matter how good or bad the solo is people want slash to be doing it. 

My preference would have been all new material released not these leftovers. But again this is Axl at play.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

Axl should just release a Deluxe Chinese Democracy in a box set with part 2 as is (or whatever is left/finished). I don't think he realizes how liberating it'd be for him to just let the material go. Then... if the current formation of the band wanted to release an album, they could just deliver Axl 10-12 original instrumentals for him to write and put vocals on. I doubt we'll ever get a truly collaborative album. Too many possibilities for tensions to arise.

I wouldn’t say I disagree, but there’s one hitch: if he does this, people will start comparing his "solo" stuff with whatever new they’d release later with Slash. And I’m not sure whether he’d come out of it as the winner and whether he’d be comfortable with this. Not to mention it would be quite weird to currently release material containing people who quit about 2 decades ago, now that the original line-up has partly reunited. Imagine the casuals: Who did you say is that playing the guitar again? Buckethead? Why? Where's Slash and Duff? What tf is this? 
But yes, I’d definitely like to hear the CD vault material as well. 

2 minutes ago, betterman said:

No countdown as initially planned, no words of a new single from the camp. 

I am beginning to think that friday is not the day :(

Agreed, highly doubtful that this is out on Friday. Hope we are wrong. 

This reminds me of the Harley advert back in 2006/7. Another shit show! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Have you heard any Elton material in the 21st Century?  "The Captain & The Kid" from 2006 as well as "The Union" with Leon Russell in 2010 and "The Diving Board" from 2013 are all great albums and have a lot of heartfelt moments and decent compositions

I also quite liked "Blue & Lonesome" from The Stones in 2016, which granted is an album of blues covers but the performances are great and it is technically a release from them in some form

Captain and The Kid and Wonderful Crazy Night are two great recent albums from Elton.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, betterman said:

I saw someone threatening 4tus on Instagram and wrote that they had ripped the song directly from the jukebox and would release/share it if GNR dont release the song on friday :lol:

As if 4tus can do something about that....

I have to say, I kinda like this! XD

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ak1nney said:

Robin's solos on the Chinese Democracy album are pretty much flawless and fucking amazing work (and are a big reason I revisit the album). I think people just bash him on here because he changed up some of the classics' solos, especially when they did that first GNR tour. That's not fair to his playing on the CD album. He lays down memorable and perfectly executed leads on Better, Street of Dreams, TWAT, This I Love, etc. I can't imagine those songs with better solos on them and Slash never did top them in all of his live improvs. I definitely like Slash more all around, but I don't think it's fair to be bashing on Finck.

Robins solos are all my favourites too. Perfectly crafted solos, they all have peaks and troughs and flow so well. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, Naupis said:

Frankly I am disappointed in all of them for releasing this series of half ass songs under the guise of being new "real" GNR songs when the quality level is no where near what people would have expected and hoped for getting Axl/Slash on a song together again.

The idea that they are content to put the GNR brand name on left over B-sides from the CD Sessions as their big post reunion releases frankly is kind of embarrassing compared to the level of quality people would expect who didn't know the whole back story about why these songs even exist.

Slash has no interest quite clearly in stuff that's been sitting around for 2 decades and clearly is just going along to get along. That's actually in character for him.

Axl is the one I am dumbfounded is OK with being as creatively backrupt as he is right now while he just milks the back catalog with endless tours. He always held himself out as being above that type of approach. That he has essentially spent 25 years now with nothing to say creatively in terms of new music (even the new releases are all old) is about the last thing I would have ever expected if you had asked me in 1995 what his career arc would look like.

We haven't had new music from Axl and Slash in 30 years and yet they are OK releasing stuff like Hard Skool, Silkworms and Perhaps like those in any way stand up to the level of quality people were so desperately hoping would come from a reunion.

The whole thing just makes me sad from the piece meal approach to the going through the motions. 

There was a time they were better than this.

If (when, actually) OMG comes out it'll be pretty tragic seeing as both Slash and Duff criticised the song back in the day. It's probably gonna be one of the upcoming singles as it has a full Axl vocal on. 

11 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

If (when, actually) OMG comes out it'll be pretty tragic seeing as both Slash and Duff criticised the song back in the day. It's probably gonna be one of the upcoming singles as it has a full Axl vocal on. 

Eh, they'll probably leave OMG because it actually released in an official capacity, even if it sounded like a demo :mellow:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Eh, they'll probably leave OMG because it actually released in an official capacity, even if it sounded like a demo :mellow:

Love OMG, now that's a song I want to see remixed/released. Navaros & Josh's playing is awesome. Hold on, that would need to be replaced.... Hold on, someone tell the janitor, to tell Fernando, to tell Axl, we don't want it remade. 

Does Arnie still support GNR?