Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

Amazing Axl vocals and piano! I'll reserve my judgment on Slash's solo till I listen to it on a higher quality stream but it definitely sounds a lot better than the jukebox recordings (duh!). 

However, the unison bend that Slash does in the middle of the solo seemed a bit of of place to me when compared to the rest of the solo (almost out of tune). Again, I'll probably need a few more listens to fully dissect the song. So far, I like the song and can't get the chorus out of my head!

Edited by 22frets

5 minutes ago, Sonicjam said:

It wasnt good quality on the iheart radio app, so it sounded like a bit too much was going on in the song for my liking. I'll listen to it good quality ronight at midnight and make a proper judgement.

It’s probably whatever processing they have running on the app.

5 minutes ago, Sonicjam said:

It wasnt good quality on the iheart radio app, so it sounded like a bit too much was going on in the song for my liking. I'll listen to it good quality ronight at midnight and make a proper judgement.

I think that was just the quality of the song. Wish You Were Here and Soul To Squeeze sounded crystal clear. I just think this song doesn't have that same quality 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 22frets said:

Amazing Axl vocals and piano! I'll reserve my judgment on Slash's solo till I listen to it on a higher quality stream but it definitely sounds a lot better than the jukebox recordings (duh!). 

However, the unison bend that Slash does in the middle of the solo seemed a bit of of place to me when compared to the rest of the solo (almost out of tune). Again, I'll probably need a few more listens to fully dissect the song. So far, I like the song and can't get the chorus out of my head!

Psyched to hear him tackle it live tomorrow, that'll be really interesting!

10 minutes ago, Sonicjam said:

The bitrate wasn't great and internet radio jacks up the compression - I noticed the same audio issues with all the music leading up to it too.  Unfortunately internet radio has yet to adopt losslees audio with no post-processing on it

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I think that was just the quality of the song. Wish You Were Here and Soul To Squeeze sounded crystal clear. I just think this song doesn't have that same quality 

Although I did notice on WYWH and the few songs after how low the bitrate was, which in itself can cramp up any mix with the degradation of the frequency availability

For almost 4 minutes a radio premiere took me back to when I was 8 yrs old.  What a great song, it's classic Guns N' Roses this is the best song since Better... I hope it's promoted well.. and people take notice.  Then again.. in this day N' age... I'm not holding my breathe.

• Like 1