Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

26 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Trying to be objective I'd say Perhaps is about a 6/10, maybe 6.5/10.

There's a good song there that suffers from some odd mixing choices, repeated lyrics and a weak solo. Like Absurd, I'm expecting the live versions will be a lot better, and I'm looking forward to hearing it in Vancouver.

(For reference I'd say Hardschool is about 5/10 and Absurd maybe a 2/10)

Pretty similar ratings for me. HS is definitely a 5/10 and Perhaps is a 6. I wouldn’t be that nice to Absurd, though. 0.5/10. The only reason it’s not a 0 is because it was actually released.

So, I guess I am being generous.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, klakly said:

Now for me only one question remains: what name to give to the folder with the 3 singles? 😁😂

Suggestions are accepted

From the amount it is said during those songs, I'm suggesting:

"Hey Heey"

Why didn't they do a trilogy out of that? Like Metallica did with The Unforgiven!

"Hey Heey - Pussy for the Fam"

"Hey Heey II - Electric Boogaskool"

"Hey Heey III - Guns N' Roses on Ice"

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

Pretty similar ratings for me. HS is definitely a 5/10 and Perhaps is a 6. I wouldn’t be that nice to Absurd, though. 0.5/10. The only reason it’s not a 0 is because it was actually released.

So, I guess I am being generous.

I'm being generous to Absurd because there's some cool guitar parts and it's a decent live song, but yea it's not good.

• Like 2

As someone on GnREvo pointed out: The fact that they’re trying to trick everyone into actually thinking this is a newly-written song just goes to show how much the band and/or label wants to erase the ChiDem era from existence. Same reason why ChiDem wasn’t listed on the updated greatest hits, even tho AFD Locked N Loaded was.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, h2sublime said:

Absurd 7/10

HS 7.5 /10

Perhaps 8.5/10

I have enjoyed all 3 singles a lot. They are getting better as they go. That makes me really look forward to The General and whatever else is still in the chamber. 

I almost wonder if they’re releasing them in the order of what they feel is worst to best (im saying that as someone who likes absurd).

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, h2sublime said:

Absurd 7/10

HS 7.5 /10

Perhaps 8.5/10

I have enjoyed all 3 singles a lot. They are getting better as they go. That makes me really look forward to The General and whatever else is still in the chamber. 

H.S. 6.5/10 I miss the heavy Sound from the demo 

Absurd 7/10 Fun track, nothing to serious

Perhaps 8/10 Great song. I like the piano

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

I like it! It's not all that different compared to the demo. I've always thought that if GNR released music more often like a normal band, that music would perhaps sound something like this song. Instead Axl seems to always be striving to write epics like November Rain, TWAT, The General or something, which is a difficult task. Consequently, he ends up releasing music extremely rarely.

So yeah, this song is nothing earth shattering, but not everything has to be. Personally I prefer Hard Skool and even Absurd over this cause I prefer energetic rockers in general. But I still enjoy this song immensely. It's far better than most music that's released these days. It's genuinely gratifying to be listening to fresh GNR music once again. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, klakly said:

Now for me only one question remains: what name to give to the folder with the 3 singles? 😁😂

Suggestions are accepted

Possibilities:

1. The Cornshucker EP
2. The songs that should be heard
3. The people will hear music this year
4. Ok, nevermind

• Like 1
  • Haha 1