Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

8 minutes ago, Millions said:

The original solo is definitely quite a bit better though, I wish they'd left it intact, or just had Slash do a version of that one. 

Slashs ego wouldn't allow him to play someone else's solo note for note.

Even if Axl said "can't you play it like Robin does?" something tells me Slash would just be like Joey was when Pheobe was trying to show him how to speak French. 

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

Slashs ego wouldn't allow him to play someone else's solo note for note.

Even if Axl said "can't you play it like Robin does?" something tells me Slash would just be like Joey was when Pheobe was trying to show him how to speak French. 

I wouldn't do it, either.

Come on...

• Like 1

It’s a good song, definitely the best out of the three ‘Chinese Leftovers’ that were released. 
The mix is very busy though, still haven’t got the chance to listen to it in a proper setting but there’s just too many layers, with all the voices, guitar, and synth tracks. 
Slash’s solo is forgettable, almost as if he didn’t really want to record on the song, feels very uninspired idk

Anyone else feel like Axl’s vocals are worse on the official version? The ‘heeeeey heys’ were already too much, but this version has his vocals mixed.. even whinier. And then the chorus, the best part of the song, buries the raspy vocals. The deep voice track on the chorus also feels much too high in the mix… the layering worked on Locomotive.. but here I wish they just kept his raspy vocals on the chorus to combat the Mickey ‘You’re all alone” lines. My eyes are already just on The General..

1 hour ago, VeeR said:

Looks like the song hit Canadian airwaves as well.

The radio DJs are... indifferent to the song. They are saying it's the first song the band put out in 30 years.

They sound pretty happy about it....dude said he's a GNR fan...

They seem to think it's the start of an album plan though and it did make me think, that's what a lot of folk will think that don't know better! Or we could be wrong and they're right for a change......who knows. Magic 8 ball where are ya....

• GNFNR 1

What pisses me off is they left the first note of the guitar solo in there from the 90s demo of this song. It’s just pretty depressing how they’ve been back together for going on 8 years now and we just get a couple Chinese leftovers with slash pasted over top them. It’s negativity but it’s the truth.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

What pisses me off is they left the first note of the guitar solo in there from the 90s demo of this song. It’s just pretty depressing how they’ve been back together for going on 8 years now and we just get a couple Chinese leftovers with slash pasted over top them. It’s negativity but it’s the truth.

It pisses me off they don't release the CD stuff as it was, without NITL players.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

I think my only issue with the Final released version of this song is the weird prechorus mixes of the oooooo” sounds or maybe it’s a synth.  They come in quite loud.  I only probably notice that type of shit being a musician.  Sometimes I wish I wasn’t someone who got into writing and recording because I overanalyze that shit.  Average fan won’t care.  I wonder if the general will even have slash and Duff if it’s a B-side.  Call me greedy but I hope they release at least a few more songs within the next year while they’re off.  One thing that is cool is in that video you can tell they dubbed some parts just for the video for the singing parts and one thing that stands out all of that footage.  Axl is definitely the happiest I’ve seen him in my 30+ years of being a fan. Let’s just hope their bow at the end of the video isn’t their last.

Listened to it on Spotify on my drive to work. It's okay. I think in terms of production it probably sounds the best of the three tracks we've gotten so far. At least that's how I felt on my first listen.

I'll give it a few more listens, but I never loved the old leak anyways. Great that it's finally out though.