"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

10 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Who’s excited for the entire forum to fall into despair and people thinking the song has been cancelled once it’s not out in 5 hours?

I just wish one of these people who allegedly have the vinyl already in their possession had irrefutable proof.

But either way, I preordered and we all know it’s coming soon… ACTUALLY soon. :lol:

Edited by GNRRHCP98

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Everybody's up for a big disappointment today? :D

I still believe if it's gonna be out digitally, it'll be uploaded on Halloween and not the day the vinyl starts shipping. If it's not out by Halloween, it probably won't be for quite a while. They probably make way more from selling vinyl than the pathetic money you make from streaming,

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

11 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I still believe if it's gonna be out digitally, it'll be uploaded on Halloween and not the day the vinyl starts shipping. If it's not out by Halloween, it probably won't be for quite a while. They probably make way more from selling vinyl than the pathetic money you make from streaming,

I really don't have any expectation because I think it could go in any direction. I probably tend to the vinyl only release just because it's the worst case and GNR is good in going with it.

But I still like your idea with the video release on Halloween and the titel change of The General into that monster shit could be actually a hint for that.

• PERHAPS 1

8 hours ago, Martin Riggs said:

New GNR wasn’t a Scorsese film. It was a Marvel sequel missing some huge stars from the original hit and it was being sponsored by Monster energy. 

And the characters that are still there have been needlessly race-swapped, gender-swapped and turned gay. Just to piss you off. The Ferdirector made that call himself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I really don't have any expectation because I think it could go in any direction. I probably tend to the vinyl only release just because it's the worst case and GNR is good in going with it.

But I still like your idea with the video release on Halloween and the titel change of The General into that monster shit could be actually a hint for that.

That title change with the monsters is interesting too. That, coupled with the fact Axl just loves Halloween, the song itself is dark and sounds like a horror movie score, and the suspiciously close chosen date of shipping close to the 31st, which means many people will receive it on or close to Halloween, it just makes sense to me that they planned it that way.

It might be a regular full on single release with video etc just like any of the other previous 3 and not just a B-side, we will only know until some days after the 27th in my opinion.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

My Spotify search (UK) for The General now brings up a playlist called the general, perhaps, GNR then perhaps again.... I'm sure this is different to a few days ago. Perhaps appearing twice in the top 4 searches as both a song and single. No idea if that means anything... I can't even work out how to upload the screenshot to this post 🤣

17 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

That title change with the monsters is interesting too. That, coupled with the fact Axl just loves Halloween, the song itself is dark and sounds like a horror movie score, and the suspiciously close chosen date of shipping close to the 31st, which means many people will receive it on or close to Halloween, it just makes sense to me that they planned it that way.

It might be a regular full on single release with video etc just like any of the other previous 3 and not just a B-side, we will only know until some days after the 27th in my opinion.

I think the same. I suppose a digital Halloween release. It’d be great 

• PERHAPS 1

3 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I don't think integrity necessarily factors into it. If he doesn't have the muse, he doesn't have it. He's mentioned experiencing writers block before.

Many artists get help writing songs if his stuck. Or let duff, slash or bring in izzy for song writing.