"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

18 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Just got the email. It’s been delayed.

Unless you’re in the USA I’m skeptical it’s been delayed in general…

Edit. Nevermind haha. If this isn’t released tomorrow on streaming to make up for this physical delay…fuck this band. Pathetic.

Edited by Martin Riggs

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If it’s been pressed to vinyl, maybe some rogue employee will rip it for us. Other than that I think it’ll be cancelled completely. We’ve seen this before with GNR. Delay, into delay, into delay, into never.

One could think that it hasn’t been pressed as of yet with that type of delay

Shitty move waiting this long before the scheduled ship date to announce. Not a great sign that you have to reconfirm the order

50/50 that this even gets released now  

• Like 1

Predictable.

I'm sure some people will defend this, and yeah, delays do happen....but to leave it until the day of release before bothering to mention it? Ridiculous. 

This delay hasn't just come up overnight and they must have known for weeks if it wasn't going to be available on time. 

Well, screw it. They're not having my money. I can see this release quietly shuffled into the 'plans changed' pile anyway. 

If it doesn't, then maybe I'll pick up a copy somewhere down the line at some point. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

The delay announcement issued NOW is laughable. Sure they should've know days in advance that it couldn't meet the deadline.

They released Perhaps in all streaming platforms months before the vinyl just fine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

Yes, and The General is a good incentive to buy it in vinyl format 

• Like 1

The shitty thing, to me, is that anybody who pre-ordered was already charged versus being charged when the item ships. So not only does Universal or whoever already have our money, but they waited until the day before to say anything about the delay. Did they really not know it wouldn't ship by now earlier this week?

Don't get me wrong - I realize we can all cancel our orders if wanted and get our money back. I just think it was a shitty way to go about it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Unless you’re in the USA I’m skeptical it’s been delayed in general…

Edit. Nevermind haha. If this isn’t released tomorrow on streaming to make up for this physical delay…fuck this band. Pathetic.

Are you asking if I'm in the USA and got a delayed email?  Yes.  I am in the US and I was just notified it's been delayed.

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

One could think that it hasn’t been pressed as of yet with that type of delay

Shitty move waiting this long before the scheduled ship date to announce. Not a great sign that you have to reconfirm the order

50/50 that this even gets released now  

Yeah there's no way this has been pressed.