"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Can anyone of those who cancelled their order because it has been delayed explain why? Was it to...spite Axl? Was it because you will not enjoy the song anymore if it is delayed? I am genuinely perplexed.

You don't understand how a vinyl can be delayed? Seriously? And why do you think they would want to get us impatient?

What’s the problem now? The truck that transport it was broken?

is ridiculous, it supposed to be produced or at least advanced when they promoted it

1 hour ago, Sledge said:

Well I guess that's one way of looking at it. For me if I saw "Perhaps official release 📅 available in-store jbhifi" and I turned up to the shop and it wasn't there I'd be disappointed a little. When I see just a shipping date I have no expectations of seeing it even close to that date. That's just me. If I look at it as a promise then I'm inevitably setting myself up for a negative emotional reaction. I won't preach about how people should live their lives, just voicing an alternative way that works well for me. 

I bought tickets to a guns show in 2002. They canceled the tour. 

this band has a bad history 

I'm still yet to receive an email regarding the delayed Perhaps 7"

However on principle I've now cancelled my Appetite numbered album order which was supposed to ship September 8th (the day after my birthday), that was pushed back until December 31st :lol:

This band is a total joke.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, axljungle said:

is ridiculous, it supposed to be produced or at least advanced when they promoted it

nothing but excuses from the bootlicking mob

You be rippin' off the fuckin' kids
While they be payin' their hard earned money”

ohhhh the irony here 

Edited by timoteo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Can anyone of those who cancelled their order because it has been delayed explain why? Was it to...spite Axl? Was it because you will not enjoy the song anymore if it is delayed? I am genuinely perplexed.

You don't understand how a vinyl can be delayed? Seriously? And why do you think they would want to get us impatient?

I honestly don't get how you come out to support the band and their management constantly as soon as any valid criticism is going their way...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BucketEgg said:

UK exempt from delays, or they forgot to tell their UK population?

I'd like to think we have avoided the delay, but knowing these shithouses it's most likely the latter. Guess we will find out soon, should in theory be getting a text from the Royal Mail any second..

NEWS FLASH - The General has been pulled. You will now receive with Perhaps vinyl your choice of GnR Toy Truck, Toy GnR Air aeroplane or a GnR Childrens book.

Fernando says we assume the fans will appreciate this way more than additional music.

Edited by vloors
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, axljungle said:

People much more informed than me on vinyl production has stated that it is quite common that vinyls are delayed. I can imagine a thousand things can go wrong. But you choose to instead think it is deliberately delayed to make us impatient? Why would they want to make us even more impatient?

12 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

I honestly don't get how you come out to support the band and their management constantly as soon as any valid criticism is going their way...

As I understood it he only asked why people cancelled their orders which indeed doesn't make any sense since the song everyone's waiting for is coming sooner or later. I don't see any defending of TB anywhere in this thread or that post. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slugworth said:

I wish it was there. We could pry it out with a crowbar.

Why do some people act like getting a thread to 1000 pages is some grand achievement?

By "something funny" I assume you mean the usual GNR chestnuts like soon isn't the word, it's in my ass,  thanks to ___ I'm going home, etc?

Those long ago entered "That's so funny I forgot to laugh" territory. :jerkoff:

They win that on a technicality. Perhaps is out now. :crazy:

Smart move. Delaying The General will help move an extra 3 copies of Duff's album.

I try to see the funny side and am still amazed how things develop.

I wonder what will be the next surprise

I don't think it's a simple delay. It never is with GNR. There are always WTF reasons for anything going wrong in GNR world. Duff just managed to get a vinyl out, right? It's always only wheb it's under the GNR name that something goes wrong. I'm not pissed or even very surprised, but I think it's beyond naive that this is just a delay like so many things are delayed in the music world.

Meanwhile my daughter's laughing at me as Taylor Swift re-released another one of her albums, including five new songs from the vault, today. I was telling her earlier this week today we should listen to The General, and not Taylor Swift. Thank god she has idols who actually like releasing stuff. I wouldn't wish a band like GNR on anyone :lol:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Completely understand but what annoys me is why not a cd option? It’s so unbelievably simple. They can avoid streaming all they want but to make this song only available on a 7” record is ridiculous. Add in the “pressing” delays, people who ordered the vinyl would have still been notified today regarding that but if they had a cd option then they’d still be pleasing majority of people today with a release. It would have avoided all of this anger amongst fans and them disappointing once more

To reiterate, the delay itself, while being a bummer, is not the main gear-grinder. It’s the fact that a) it was half-announced by the companies on the very same day, in fact a few hours after it was supposed to be released, which in a normal situation would make no sense; and b) once again, there’s not a shred of an official word from the best and most competent management under the sun. 

• Like 4