THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

Slash’s solo in “Monsters” fits the vibe of the song. I’ve been listening on headphones but switched it up to my sound system so I could really crank it. “Monsters” is top tier. The entire song. I just love it so much. “The General” is good too, but first impression has me playing “Monsters” twice as much. 

• Like 3

Just now, WhazUp said:

At first hearing The General I was underwhelmed but after like so many listens already, once you strip away the hype build up and know what you are getting, I quite like it.  Its creepy and unsettling and paired with the more rocking second half with Monsters I do think it is deserving of the "big guns" moniker

Agree with all this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Slash’s solo in “Monsters” fits the vibe of the song

imho has that hard to describe melancholy vibe like Slash was sometimes able to get from extended Patience electric live solos circa 1992, but with some Serial killer (solo album track from 1999) tonalities sprinkled, which is absolutely great, nearly perfect balance of noodling and melody achieved there. This is assuming it is really Slash, cause these days some youtubers are doing better Slash style improvs than Slash himself, lol