THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

I overlaid the cell clip with the new leak and they are very different. The "I was there for you" chorus doesn't even seem to exist in the cell clip. The arrangement is completely different as well. It is cool to hear the old guitar licks on the new song tho. Very different sound than what we got today. And call me crazy, but the cell clip had different vocals in the chorus. There's something there that isn't in this final version

Edited by djtripp20

18 minutes ago, TrixAreForKids said:

I can’t get passed Monsters, The General will have to wait to get a proper listen. Monsters sounds like an original tune with Slash and Duff, but vocals are unreal and don’t believe they’re new but maybe. Love the lyrics, love the rhythm and Axl’s aggression towards the end. Man, almost better than sex!

I'm 100% convinced they are one song. not two songs. Type this into YT Guns N Roses - The General And Monsters - blurry face account. Its leaked as one complete song. This is how it will be when released

4 minutes ago, liers said:

Seriously they leaked? Hopefully I can find them somewhere. It’s weird they leaked right after they were supposed to be released. Are they the final versions?

They sound like rips from the Vinyl. You can tell the lower quality in parts, but 100% its slash on there. They need to just release these now on streaming platforms where they can put it to max quality

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

They are 100% one song. Guns N Roses - The General And Monsters account blurry face on YT

That doesn't say anything in itself. It's probably just someone who combined the two leaked tracks.

But they're most likely being released as one song regardless.

Anyone figured out the lyrics? Idk about Monsters but most of The General is understandable...

Daddy don't
I swear I won't
I'll be good from now on
And I'm awful sorry
Daddy don't
The hell I won't
I won't be good anymore
And you'll all be sorry

Can anybody tell me
Why this pain it just won't stop
Can anybody help me
This pain it just won't stop

My only regret
Is that I never took the time to forget
All of those fuckin' feelings
That you'll never spare
And those who understand
(???)
(?) sordid meaning(?)

Don't know what to tell you now
It's never really what they tell you now
Don't know what to tell you now
It's not really what they tell you now

• Like 3

I expect this/these song(s) to divide the old classic GNR and the NUGNR fans....this is far more playing into what the Chinese project was about and it's modus operandi....luckily i'm an equal fan of both...so quids in 👌🔥

Axl 🔥🎤

Slash 🔥🎸 some incredible work on last couple minutes of Monsters....classic Slash but meaner!

• Like 1

Something in this leak doesnt add up. Why two songs? Why are both songs including the 2006-intro?

The quality is not top notch. The only explaination I can think of is that both are early versions of the same song or its fanmade. 

The General doesnt match descriptions of the song. Monsters sounds like the cellphone-recording but its different in arrangment. 

Im not convinced this is the real deal or I dont think its the final version. 

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

I expect this/these song(s) to divide the old classic GNR and the NUGNR fans....this is far more playing into what the Chinese project was about and it's modus operandi....luckily i'm an equal fan of both...so quids in 👌🔥

Axl 🔥🎤

Slash 🔥🎸 some incredible work on last couple minutes of Monsters....classic Slash but meaner!

Agreed. These would have fit on an album with Oh My God, State of Grace, Shacklers, Eye On You, original Silkworms. So, I can see what Axl meant when he said if you don't like CD you probably won't like the second album 

• Like 4