THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

I’ll hold off judgement on the mix until there’s a digital release. A vinyl rip, if this is the source, isn’t going to be the best representation 

Cool songs. I think you kind of get where Axl wanted to go direction wise. It’s a shame it never got through the process of releasing these songs until now 

1 minute ago, LandOla said:

No idea when the vocals for Monsters have been recorded but it's the best from Axl since Spaghetti. Beats the shit out of the Chinese album. Points for that.

Irs, twat says hello, anyway this seems like an apt song for the occasion

• Like 1

Just now, colonizedmind said:

Haha....they must know by now...at least that confirms it's not cancelled...all ended good

Quality of it, they must realise the mix of hard skool was shit too then

Wondering if or where these 2 leaked tracks fit into a setlist, drop what or just slide them in 

10 minutes ago, gokken said:

Something in this leak doesnt add up. Why two songs? Why are both songs including the 2006-intro?

The quality is not top notch. The only explaination I can think of is that both are early versions of the same song or its fanmade. 

The General doesnt match descriptions of the song. Monsters sounds like the cellphone-recording but its different in arrangment. 

Im not convinced this is the real deal or I dont think its the final version. 

Atlas was once described as November Rain esque....eye of the beholder and all...don't take what folk like Bach say literally....it's all a vibe...a feeling manm...

10 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

If those are real, Hard Skool and Perhaps are still the best of the bunch, for whatever that's worth.

And Absurd.

Honestly Hard Skool was the perfect opportunity for a big release, I really wish they had done major promotion around it like what the Stones are doing now with their new album. As usual, they blew it.

3 minutes ago, DSTK said:

Quality of it, they must realise the mix of hard skool was shit too then

Wondering if or where these 2 leaked tracks fit into a setlist, drop what or just slide them in 

Could have 5 new songs which is about the average a band would play of the "new album" on tour...of there was one. Interesting times...5 is an odd number, Slash seemed to describe them In pairs....surely there's at least a 6th (Atlas/State) to even out the numbers 👍

Just now, colonizedmind said:

Could have 5 new songs which is about the average a band would play of the "new album" on tour...of there was one. Interesting times...5 is an odd number, Slash seemed to describe them In pairs....surely there's at least a 6th (Atlas/State) to even out the numbers 👍

I'd prefer OMG but that definitely won't happen 

They should have released these in Dolby Atmos and put out a fun Horror / Halloween video. Would have been a cool seasonal release. 

Quite like them. Some fantastic vocals. At this point anything from this era is experimental so i'm enjoying them for what they are. Definitely stronger offerings from the CD era.

• Like 2

You know the vocals are mixed like shit when you can’t even make out half of the words to both songs. Just like Street of Dreams’ demo, or state of Grace, the last lines of the general are just Axl singing the melody, presumably waiting for the right lyrics to come to mind. Both songs just sound completely muffled, with no good structure. The only good part in both songs is really the rasp breakdown on Monsters, and even those vocals just sound a little weird. This fuckin sucks

• Like 1

After a few listens, and now listening to them back to back (as intended I guess,) yeah man. I really like this. And the guitars are phenomenal. Axl hits another vocal level at the end of monsters as well. 

for the people who just want Nightrain and anything goes forever and ever, obviously this isn’t for them. I’d definitely recommend to them, if I had access, they need to slap together a couple of party/jukebox drinking type songs. 

But for someone like me who’s been down with Axl experimenting and evolving for years, this is pretty awesome. 

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1