Kat Benzova sues GNR/Fernando for copyright infringement and sexual harassment

4 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

That’s right. So why would the 2 women who have nothing to go with gnr be the ones to unfollow Kat?

I wouldn't know why and how this kind of stuff can be used in a legal dispute. I suppose because they're part of the entourage. I'm also not sure if they unfollowed Kat now or a while back.

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

"She’s also seeking a court order “declaring her the sole owner” of all the photographs she took since 2010 when she wasn’t working under a written contract with GnR."

Wow. How sick is that? First she gets paid to do the work, travels the world in luxury, many times over, while fans get fleeced left and right (and basically finance the whole thing) and in the end she claims sole ownership of the photos she was paid to do?!?

You have no idea how much she was paid.  Since she was living this life of luxury as you say perhaps this was considred the payment but since there was no written agreement then nobody knows.

1 minute ago, DeNfr said:

congratulations, you just discover intellectual property

No. I discovered her trying to have her cake and eating it too. Either she pays her own shit, travelling around the world shooting them and keeps the ownership of the photos or she has them pay everything, including her work and the photos belong to GNR. What would GNR get out of shipping her and paying her to travel around the world, when at the end of the day the work they paid her to do is owned by her and they have to beg and pay her again to be able do something with it?? That's insanity. And not what was stated in their initial contract. They don't even let local reporters take pictures at their shows. So why would she or anyone think they grant her that?

12 minutes ago, RnRHOFGNR said:

You have no idea how much she was paid.  Since she was living this life of luxury as you say perhaps this was considred the payment but since there was no written agreement then nobody knows.

It was stated she was paid well for her services.

No photographer is going to renounce all credit in lieu of payment. How the fuck is she going to get her name out there??

"Great pic, Axl. Who took it?"
"Nobody."

Yeah right.

Is it more believable that Kat wanted to remain an unnamed enigma in the shadows, or that she wanted her name credited on photos that were used?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Nope, you actually know sweet fuck all about anything to do with her contract, the only available info is what's in the legal document anything else is made up BS. I love how you always try and be the expert in the room though😉

Plenty of photographers get flown around the world for free and keep their intellectual property. What are you basing your BS on? Other than "I'm right because I know I'm right all the time". In the legal documents filed, the claim is Fernando acknowledged that she was owed money and that her intellectual property would be acknowledged. You can't just cherry pick info to suit your argument Pat, although I'm aware you wouldn't have an argument if you didn't 😄

And let's not forget the bigger case of sexual misconduct. Explain that away too if you want. Gnr's statement didn't say a word about it, probably on advice from lawyers... I wonder why🤔

And I'm not totally saying Fernando is guilty and gnr have shafted Kat out anything, it is possible she's owed nothing and has made up accusations... Possible, but until I see a single thing that suggests otherwise her side looks a whole lot more likely. She worked with a lot of other bands after gnr and seems to have no issues, now is a funny time to throw it all away if there's no evidence to back things up.

Oh, I know fuck all? Really?? Why so aggressive? I know what the GNR suit claims is stated in the contract. I doubt they were lying. They will be able to produce that contract that was signed by Kat. 

Never ever have I claimed to be an expert. It's your problem if you have personal animosity against what I'm saying.

Yes. For 1 show. Big name photographers like Ross Halfin. Not no names, whom they have discovered and brought into the biz, for  “364 shows or 30 ‘legs’”.
And you're aware that the legal documents claiming that Fernando acknowledged anything, is coming from Kat's side??

And really, what argument do you have, other than, like anyone here, disliking Fernando and thus being more inclined to rather believe everything negative about him that Kat says? I'm not saying that Fernando didn't do these things, but to me it's clear she wants money and not justice (for being sexually harrassed) and to me it's more likely that this is a woman scorned, who's throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks and get the most out of it. And the "now" is after she was let go by the band, so really, not such a funny time. Again, if she left on her own, I'd be more inclined to believe her.

29 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

In my not-so-humble opinion, I side with Kat because no way she made this up.  I believe the details listed in the suit.

Can’t wait to see how this plays out.

Yeah. Most likely part of it is true. To what extent or how much is twisted remains to be seen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kickingthehabit said:

No photographer is going to renounce all credit in lieu of payment. How the fuck is she going to get her name out there??

"Great pic, Axl. Who took it?"
"Nobody."

Yeah right.

Is it more believable that Kat wanted to remain an unnamed enigma in the shadows, or that she wanted her name credited on photos that were used?

Credit is one thing. Them having to pay her and ask her for permission everytime they want to use a photo they paid her and granted the right and flown in to make, is another.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Clear she wants money not justice. I think I squashed that point yesterday. 

I don't hate Fernando, and I'd prefer if it wasn't true that he was sexually exploitive. I don't respect his ability to run a band, that doesn't mean I jump for joy he's in legal trouble or that his marriage could fall apart because he was misbehaving or that he could potentially be losing his job (whether I like his ability or not, I don't wish anybody out of work). I do think he's a smarmy douche, but I think most would agree with that.

And yes, I'm well aware that the allegations are from Kats side, which are currently not proven to be fact. Which is included in my previous response. 

Why do aggressive, why not? I can't stand your attitude/opinion on the subject tbh. "They discovered her she's a nobody, they don't owe her anything, basically a paparazzi, if she was being mistreated she should have quit' I mean each one of those is worse than the next.

Not really. Sexual harassment is a crime, no? She could report him to the police, no? 

So? Again. That's your problem. There is no lie in any of it. I had a professional photographer, who was shooting Janet Jackson and Michael Jackson amongst others, tell me that his work as a tourphotographer wasn't artisticly fullfilling to him and that he felt like a paparazzi doing it. So don't get mad at me, if I feel the same.

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

And really, what argument do you have, other than, like anyone here, disliking Fernando and thus being more inclined to rather believe everything negative about him that Kat says?

Maybe there's people on here who actually met and interacted with Fernando and observed him interacting with others on one occasion or another?

Just a thought, not saying the poster you refer to did because I don't know.

55 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Maybe there's people on here who actually met and interacted with Fernando and observed him interacting with others on one occasion or another?

Just a thought, not saying the poster you refer to did because I don't know.

I met him in Vegas in 2011. I tried to be cordial and say what’s up. He was staying my floor a few rooms down from me so it was just me and him in the hallway. He kind of just brushed me off. I was being pretty chill because you know whatever. He said he would see me later at the party but I had no idea WTF he was talking about. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Arnuld said:

I met him in Vegas in 2011. I tried to be cordial and say what’s up. He was staying my floor a few rooms down from me so it was just me and him in the hallway. He kind of just brushed me off. I was being pretty chill because you know whatever. He said he would see me later at the party but I had no idea WTF he was talking about. 

I saw Fernando trip a small child on the sidewalk. He got up in the kid's face and said "Uhh, walk much?" and then ran away with an effeminate gait.

On 11/16/2023 at 5:29 AM, ©GnrPersia said:

I'm sure Axl is having a BBQ party with him one of these days in his Malibu mansion cheering him up like "yo my man, whole my life I've been accused of abusing women, don't worry son I got your back"

Basically that'll be the mood in his camp ^

Maybe you’re right. But I’d think the way that things have caught up with 80’s/90’s actors/musicians/comedians in the past few years, I’d be staggered if they didn’t look to distance themself from this.

Axl, Slash and Duff seem like great guys these days but in a world where guys like Steven Tyler are being dug up for behavior 50 years ago, I wouldn’t count on them hoping this will just sail down the river. Potential can of worms.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W. Axl Kev said:

Maybe you’re right. But I’d think the way that things have caught up with 80’s/90’s actors/musicians/comedians in the past few years, I’d be staggered if they didn’t look to distance themself from this.

Axl, Slash and Duff seem like great guys these days but in a world where guys like Steven Tyler are being dug up for behavior 50 years ago, I wouldn’t count on them hoping this will just sail down the river. Potential can of worms.

Love that NewGnr logo in your signature!