Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

19 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I don't think you understood what I meant. I was talking about musically trying everything, finding the talent to pull it off, making changes and going into the details of the record. Chinese doesn't sound like it was put together by a lazy person.

edit: and not promoting it was probably for other reasons than being lazy, Axl wasn't satisfied with how Azoff dealt with it.

as to the follow ups, it didn't exactly go as planned when a lot of people quit the band. the second record was already completed in 2008 so again, not for being lazy. can't believe I have to explain this shit to you tbh.

You don’t HAVE to explain it to anyone yet you never stop doing so. You and SM are boring 

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

If it’s between afd5 and new music, I’d rather more new music, personally. The bigger the catalog, the better.

I agree 100%. I am not one for nostalgia and I don’t venerate the guys to the point where it would mean anything to me to see them together on stage. If I could travel back in time to the 80s though... I am all for new music. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

If it’s between afd5 and new music, I’d rather more new music, personally. The bigger the catalog, the better.

agreed. it would be cool for nostalgic reasons to get an AFD5 reunion, especially cause I never got the chance to see that lineup, but new music is the top priority for me cause I believe they can still deliver a great final Guns album.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Ok ok...

BUT what we really wanna know Blackstar....when is the interview coming with crazy snake chick?? What does your magic 8 ball say? 🤪

She doesn't work at Yahoo anymore so there won't be an interview with her anytime soon.

7 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

The single already has a pre-release video and an exclusive YouTube Premium after party with Slash schedule to May 17th:

The Making Of Orgy Of The Damned will be broadcasted on German television on Monday after the release. Half an our runtime in the early afternoon.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Amen. It's a bit of an obsession but part of me could die happy if they make/get out that final (probably) record and then we can all enjoy it for years to come, as opposed to ancipate endlessly! What a mood lifter it would be if Axl's website one day popped up with 11/25 save the date ..........

Ashba and Axl Collab album dropping. AxBa - "Ballad of 90s EX's"

We can but dream, eh...closest we'll get to "Livin' the dream" . PATIENCE 🙄

Edited by colonizedmind

Posted (edited)

My local show is now $25 as part of the Live Nation concert week promotion so everyone that doesn't have tickets should see if their date is participating. $25 with no added fees is a steal for this lineup. 

download.jpeg

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

On 5/11/2024 at 10:58 AM, StrangerInThisTown said:

Not a single word about Metal Chestnut

That one was discussed in another interview. The interviewer mentioned that it’s less a blues song but more of a GNR sounding type of instrumental. Slash replied that’s probably because he’s part of GNR and that it was Mike Clink’s idea to finish the record with a self composed tune.

18 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

My local show is now $25 as part of the Live Nation concert week promotion so everyone that doesn't have tickets should see if their date is participating. $25 with no added fees is a steal for this lineup. 

download.jpeg

Wow! 

Guess it's not selling too well, which is a shame. Great price for the fans though! 

9 minutes ago, IzzysMissy said:

whomever said that Slash is pulling arena level 10k+ crowds in Europe.. you were *almost right. I think @janrichmondsaid that O2 in London was 14K and sold out.

I went to the concert with the bloke, he's not a Slash fan so he would be at the bar getting a drink every half hour, the barman told him that 9000 tickets were sold, so I agree with your figures for the O2. Just to add that I didn't see any touts leading up to the venue, which is quite unusual.

56 minutes ago, IzzysMissy said:

Ok soooo… my last comment on this thread a few weeks back was about the size of rooms and crowds that Slash brings. Side story.. I don’t LOVE my job and was sort trying to do other things and shit hit the fan. Got a mandatory 3pm Friday call invite on my calendar and thought I was getting fired (YES!! 6mo of unemployment so I could look for my dream gig) but nope! Totally promoted.. 

what is a promotion in the USA? lol slightly more pay and MUCH, MUCH more work!

but now with this new gig I have some interesting access to ticket sales data so here is what I found out:

whomever said that Slash is pulling arena level 10k+ crowds in Europe.. you were *almost right. I think @janrichmondsaid that O2 in London was 14K and sold out. So yes that arena holds that many for in-the-round events (sports, etc). For concerts capacity is half (shows always start at the 180* mark where the line of the stage is and expand past that IF and ONLY IF there is no obstruction of the stage and they are often labeled “side view” or similar). So that room would be 7K plus maybe another 1-2K for the GA floor.

now my initial observation was that slash pulls 3-5K and that is also true. For the USA. In Europe Slash does pull more BUT based on some of the prelim numbers he did not pull that this tour. His US tour this time around is basically a total bust which is why you are seeing the National Concert Week offers for $25. Out of the 25+ shows this summer I think only like 5 are not participating.

once the full tour numbers come out in Jan/Feb I can see exactly what he sold if someone is still interested and wants to remind me to check I totally will.

one more VERY interesting thing that I discovered fucking around with my new access: Ticketmaster has something called “artist profiles” on the back end that are used to build shows and put them on sale. You can’t go on sale unless you have these profiles. I was not able to find the GNR profile AT ALL (I imagine that bands of this caliber get their profiles shut down unless they are actively touring) but here is what I found for GNR members:

Axl: non-existent as a solo artist (lol no surprise here!)

Slash: full profile, current pic 

Duff: full profile, current pic

Izzy: profile EXISTS (no pic) - this one SHOCKED me actually (and gave me a butterfly for sure.. like why the fuck would he have a TM profile??)

Stevie: profile exists but it’s outdated 

dizzy: nothing

fortus: nothing

Frank: nothing

Melissa: nothing

just found this interesting and thought you guys may too. Meant to share this a few weeks back when I first learned but it’s cray cray busy season for me right now with summer gearing up!

Hope everyone is well!

Really interesting, thanks for sharing, and definitely keen to hear any info you can pass on like this in the future. 

I wonder why his ticket sales are so poor now? Total saturation of the market? No interest in the blues project? 

I do think GNR have alienated a lot of people and replaced them with people who really aren't bothered about the band but want a couple of pictures for Instagram, and perhaps this is having a detrimental impact on the ticket selling potential of the members projects, as they rely on more serious fans who are more connected and interested? 

It feels a bit like Slash may be the victim of the way GNR is run with his poor sales, in a roundabout way. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IzzysMissy said:

Ok soooo… my last comment on this thread a few weeks back was about the size of rooms and crowds that Slash brings. Side story.. I don’t LOVE my job and was sort trying to do other things and shit hit the fan. Got a mandatory 3pm Friday call invite on my calendar and thought I was getting fired (YES!! 6mo of unemployment so I could look for my dream gig) but nope! Totally promoted.. 

what is a promotion in the USA? lol slightly more pay and MUCH, MUCH more work!

but now with this new gig I have some interesting access to ticket sales data so here is what I found out:

whomever said that Slash is pulling arena level 10k+ crowds in Europe.. you were *almost right. I think @janrichmondsaid that O2 in London was 14K and sold out. So yes that arena holds that many for in-the-round events (sports, etc). For concerts capacity is half (shows always start at the 180* mark where the line of the stage is and expand past that IF and ONLY IF there is no obstruction of the stage and they are often labeled “side view” or similar). So that room would be 7K plus maybe another 1-2K for the GA floor.

now my initial observation was that slash pulls 3-5K and that is also true. For the USA. In Europe Slash does pull more BUT based on some of the prelim numbers he did not pull that this tour. His US tour this time around is basically a total bust which is why you are seeing the National Concert Week offers for $25. Out of the 25+ shows this summer I think only like 5 are not participating.

once the full tour numbers come out in Jan/Feb I can see exactly what he sold if someone is still interested and wants to remind me to check I totally will.

one more VERY interesting thing that I discovered fucking around with my new access: Ticketmaster has something called “artist profiles” on the back end that are used to build shows and put them on sale. You can’t go on sale unless you have these profiles. I was not able to find the GNR profile AT ALL (I imagine that bands of this caliber get their profiles shut down unless they are actively touring) but here is what I found for GNR members:

Axl: non-existent as a solo artist (lol no surprise here!)

Slash: full profile, current pic 

Duff: full profile, current pic

Izzy: profile EXISTS (no pic) - this one SHOCKED me actually (and gave me a butterfly for sure.. like why the fuck would he have a TM profile??)

Stevie: profile exists but it’s outdated 

dizzy: nothing

fortus: nothing

Frank: nothing

Melissa: nothing

just found this interesting and thought you guys may too. Meant to share this a few weeks back when I first learned but it’s cray cray busy season for me right now with summer gearing up!

Hope everyone is well!

Thanks for sharing! You're referring to Slash's upcoming blues tour this summer right? Are you able to see the data from his last SMKC run in the US in 2022?

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

No interest in the blues project? 

That's my guess, it's not the same as SMKC. But I think there will be more tickets sold closer to the shows.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I do think GNR have alienated a lot of people and replaced them with people who really aren't bothered about the band but want a couple of pictures for Instagram, and perhaps this is having a detrimental impact on the ticket selling potential of the members projects, as they rely on more serious fans who are more connected and interested?

I think it's mostly because Fortus, Frank and Melissa have not toured as solo artists or had their own solo bands (Fortus and Frank have just been part of other bands). Dizzy is the only one who has toured as solo act (and Hookers & Blow could be seen as his band), but it's been limited touring in small clubs and I don't know if Ticketmaster handles this kind of thing.

It feels a bit like Slash may be the victim of the way GNR is run with his poor sales, in a roundabout way. 

It has nothing to do with GN'R, as Slash is established enough on his own and SMKC sells as much as it sells. It's just probably that there's no interest in a blues festival, unfortunately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I think it's mostly because Fortus, Frank and Melissa have not toured as solo artists or had their own solo bands (Fortus and Frank have just been part of other bands). Dizzy is the only one who has toured as solo act (and Hookers & Blow could be seen as his band), but it's been limited touring in small clubs and I don't know if Ticketmaster handles this kind of thing.

It has nothing to do with GN'R, as Slash is established enough on his own and SMKC sells as much as it sells. It's just probably that there's no interest in a blues festival, unfortunately.

I'd have thought it being Slash would be enough to sell it reasonably though? At least as much as SMKC anyway, but I guess, yeah, there's just not much interest in this sort of music. 

I'm sure it will fill up a bit with these discounted tickets, but probably doesn't bode well for this being a longer term/regular thing. 

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately. But maybe the record will be some kind of success and has a positive impact on the ticket sales. At the end of the day he has to pay the bill for the acts who will perform and donate parts of the income. Blues Ball was never intended to make big profit. Let’s hope it’s not a loss making business so it’s not a one-off thing. 

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

The album this festival is based on is still unreleased, why are we judging ticket sales for an unreleased project already lol. Did he sell so many more tickets for his solo shows during the time before the solo debut came out? I highly doubt it

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The album this festival is based on is still unreleased, why are we judging ticket sales for an unreleased project already lol. Did he sell so many more tickets for his solo shows during the time before the solo debut came out? I highly doubt it

Because they've been heavily discounted as they're selling badly? 

It's the promoters and ticket sales that are judging it as selling very poorly, not us! 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Because they've been heavily discounted as they're selling badly? 

It's the promoters and ticket sales that are judging it as selling very poorly, not us! 

My point is it's normal they're selling badly right now because the album is not even out yet, lol

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1