Oh Well (Slash feat. Chris Stapleton)

I am liking this cover!  Slash changed the feel slightly with the rhythm section doing different things as opposed to a straight down-the-line verbatim rendition of it. 

That said my favorite version of Oh Well that isn't the original is the cover from The Black Crowes with Jimmy Page

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

This reminds me of how great the original is. Slash's version is very true to the original up until the last minute where he freestyles more with the outro solo - which is nothing special.

Dude is probably going to win a Grammy for this shit lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Slightly underwhelmed after the first listens. I believe it has nothing to do with the recording, I just prefer Teddys voice on it because I'm used to the Slash's Blues Ball version, his voice just sounds infinitely more badass, it's closer to Rod Jacksons, while Chris delivery comes across more gentle (sort of like Myles vs Axl on GNR songs).

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

5 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Slightly underwhelmed after the first listens. I believe it has nothing to do with the recording, I just prefer Teddys voice on it because I'm used to the Slash's Blues Ball version, his voice just sounds infinitely more badass, it's closer to Rod Jacksons, while Chris delivery comes across more gentle (sort of like Myles vs Axl on GNR songs).

It's a very laid back approach, sounds pretty cool.

Overall, I'm SO glad Slash did this project NOW, I totally love it so far.

I was getting a bit desperate between these GnR singles (especially The General) and the super boring and never ending SMKC releases.

Can't wait for the full album! 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Much better than 'Killing Floor' in my opinion.

I needed a few listens for Killing Floor but this one has burned into my brain immediately. Can’t wait to listen to it at home on a proper hifi. The production on this record is killing everything I‘ve heard in recent time. Just great.

• Like 2

Great cover.... The song in general is a bit played out (over covered) for me but still really good none the less.  I feel the same about Hoochie Coochie man as far as it being over played and covered.. Not too excited for that one.. The production is again great as well as the drums.. They just fit the song perfectly.. Another drummer that suits Slash better than Frank. 

• Like 2