Oh Well (Slash feat. Chris Stapleton)

And he did just the right thing with that. Guys like Slash or Bonamassa just can't play authentic blues, it's Blues rock. 

It's not that easy to do that right without getting into cringe territory (looking at you, Joe B.) 😁

• Like 4

5 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I really love the outro. I love Slash but I still prefer Peter Green's version vocally.

Peter Green for me was the best of the British Blues players, and his playing is so good he’s overlooked vocally, he was just a really soulful musician. I’m glad to have seen him once live. His Fleetwood Mac is the only one that exists for me.

• GNFNR 1

I don't dislike it, but it's meh. He plays the riff, singer does a verse, repeat and then jam out the end with the same blues licks we've heard him do a million times in his blues jams with GNR.

But I'm really not a blues standards guy to begin with. Blues can be great when they actually try to write a song. Most of the time they don't, though.

6 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

It's supposed to be a blues record, right? 

Other than the fact these are blues standards, they don't sound like the blues.

I was totally expecting a more traditional blues sound.

Blues done by Slash....I'm sure there'll be slower bendy type songs to come, these are your rocking blues numbers....Patience 

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

Loved it! I'm a huge Chris fan and he and Slash sounded great together, I can't wait for the rest of it to come out. I keep hoping the one with Beth Hart would be released as a single too but it looks like I'm going to have to wait 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BluegrassBlues said:

Loved it! I'm a huge Chris fan and he and Slash sounded great together, I can't wait for the rest of it to come out. I keep hoping the one with Beth Hart would be released as a single too but it looks like I'm going to have to wait 

I really have no idea but if I had to bet my money I’d say the third single will be released around the time the album is coming on May 17. 
We know he recorded another video with that hollow body guitar in that bar. 

If I had to guess I’d say it’s Crossroads with Gary Clarke jr. I can guarantee you it’s not the song with Beth Hart, since that one is 8 min. long.

Edit: Someone with knowledge could tell which song would be a good fit for that guitar. @Voodoochild?

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I really have no idea but if I had to bet my money I’d say the third single will be released around the time the album is coming on May 17. 
We know he recorded another video with that hollow body guitar in that bar. 

If I had to guess I’d say it’s Crossroads with Gary Clarke jr. I can guarantee you it’s not the song with Beth Hart, since that one is 8 min. long.

Edit: Someone with knowledge could tell which song would be a good fit for that guitar. @Voodoochild?

12 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think he's using that guitar for most of the record, not just one song.

I think he used it for Oh Well too. You can hear him attacking the tremolo bar in the outro.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

I think he used it for Oh Well too. You can hear him attacking the tremolo bar in the outro.

I tried to do some Sherlock work here but I failed hard. You guys are right and this guitar was probably his main guitar for that record.

11 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

This comment from Youtube lol:

@Nitromessiah 7 hours ago

This is one of the worst version of this classic song I've ever heard. Slash wrote 1-3 great licks, and has made an entire career off of it. He's just average at best, but he looks cool doing it.

:lol:

Out of all opinions in the world, this is one of em.

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2024 at 2:32 PM, El Guapo said:

And he did just the right thing with that. Guys like Slash or Bonamassa just can't play authentic blues, it's Blues rock. 

It's not that easy to do that right without getting into cringe territory (looking at you, Joe B.) 😁

Just out of interest, which songs do you think are more cringe in Joe B's repertoire? I can kind of see your point but equally I've always thought Joe did a good job of modernising blues, and his business model seems to work very well (frequently release music, tour regularly, have a live album for every tour etc). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Just out of interest, which songs do you think are more cringe in Joe B's repertoire? I can kind of see your point but equally I've always thought Joe did a good job of modernising blues, and his business model seems to work very well (frequently release music, tour regularly, have a live album for every tour etc). 

I thought his work with Beth Hart was pretty dope. Let’s see what Slash did with her.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2024 at 8:13 PM, janrichmond said:

I really love the outro. I love Slash but I still prefer Peter Green's version vocally.

The outro is damn good. I love it to but I also think Chris did an awesome job here. Don’t get me wrong, the original is untouchable vocal wise but though Chris sticks close to the original he gives it his own spin. 
But damn, I really prefer this outro to the slow original one.

• Like 1