Matt Sorum on reunion: "I plead the fifth"

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/matt-sorum-pleads-the-fifth-on-question-about-reunion-of-classic-guns-n-roses-lineup/

Asked this week by Meltdown of Detroit, Michigan's WRIF 101.1 FM radio station for his thoughts on a GN'R reunion, following reports that long-estranged singer Axl Rose and guitarist Slash had recently repaired their relationship, Sorum said: "I would have to plead the fifth on that, basically, because I just don't know. So I would say I plead the fifth. [Laughs]"

Edit:

Audio interview here:

Reunion talk starts around 4:20...

in my opinion he truly doesn't know just from the way he said it

Edited by KeyserSoze

Is it Axl, Slash and Duff determining the future or is it Axl, Slash, Duff, and Izzy? The classic/UYI drummers seem to not be in on what is going on as much

I love the contrast between Matt and Steven. Matt just coolly says 'no clue', and Steven just says whatever is on his mind. I think they complement each other well and it'd be awesome to see the two work together if a reunion happens

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

If a reunion was in the works I imagine that firstly Axl would decide what works for him then several years later Axl, Slash and Duff figure out what works for them as a trio based on what Axl eventually decided on an individual basis. After this point the others are informed/hired.

It could still be a long way off. :lol:

Ok, so the list of people who definitely don't know what's going on is as follows:

Steven Adler

Richard Forus

Matt Sorum

The Entirety of the Free World.

Did I miss anyone?

When someone 'pleads the 5th', referring to the 5th amendment of the United States, especially when asked a light hearted question, it generally means they DO know something... but they're not at liberty to tell you or anyone what they know. At least not at the moment.

He's in the loop. To what extent, that's anyone's guess. But he knows something is in the works. Especially laughing after saying he pleads the 5th.

You could translate it to: "You can bet your bottom dollar I know something or am a part of that, but the chances of me saying anything to you about it is NIL".

So I bet my bottom dollar on a reunion being in the works.

• Like 4

Ok, so the list of people who definitely don't know what's going on is as follows:

Steven Adler

Richard Forus

Matt Sorum

Did I miss anyone?

When someone 'pleads the 5th', referring to the 5th amendment of the United States, especially when asked a light hearted question, it generally means they DO know something... but they're not at liberty to tell you or anyone what they know. At least not at the moment.

He's in the loop. To what extent, that's anyone's guess. But he knows something is in the works. Especially laughing after saying he pleads the 5th.

You could translate it to: "You can bet your bottom dollar I know something or am a part of that, but the chances of me saying anything to you about it is NIL".

gonna agree with ya here sounds like he knows something, or else he could have simply said i have no idea/.

• Like 2

Steven Adler

Richard Forus

Matt Sorum

Did I miss anyone?

Haha, I'm aware of what "pleading the 5th" means. The problem is what he said after that.

adler is on suicide watch.

If Axl, Slash, Sorum, Duff and other GNR members are able to work things out with one another and do some sort of reunion, I can't imagine they won't be able to work something out with Adler. Even if it's just a few shows or a small role. And while Adler might protest that, I think he'd be okay with it

adler is on suicide watch.

If Axl, Slash, Sorum, Duff and other GNR members are able to work things out with one another and do some sort of reunion, I can't imagine they won't be able to work something out with Adler. Even if it's just a few shows or a small role. And while Adler might protest that, I think he'd be okay with it

I don't think the problem is so much that they can't work something out with Adler as much as its they don't want to work something out with Adler. His history proves him to be quite the liability despite the fact that on the surface he's a nice dude who can still drum.

• Like 1

Steven Adler

Richard Forus

Matt Sorum

Did I miss anyone?

gonna agree with ya here sounds like he knows something, or else he could have simply said i have no idea/.

I agree, honestly.

Steven Adler

Richard Forus

Matt Sorum

Did I miss anyone?

Haha, I'm aware of what "pleading the 5th" means. The problem is what he said after that.

It's almost like people just read the title and didn't read what the actual quote was.

Steven Adler

Richard Forus

Matt Sorum

Did I miss anyone?

It's almost like people just read the title and didn't read what the actual quote was.

I read the actual quote. I read the whole article. And I'll re-iterate... when someone says "I plead the 5th"... that means they're more-than-likely guilty of knowing the answer to the question being asked, but because they have a Constitutional right in the United States to keep their mouths shut unless a grand jury demand their testimony, they will.

It doesn't matter what they say after that... they've already incriminated themselves at that point and aren't fooling anyone. When I hear someone say "I just don't know" after saying "I plead the 5th" I actually hear: 'Shit... I just incriminated myself... I better try to clean this up really quick and say I don't know anything.'

Don't be naive.

• Like 1