Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I don't know if almost everybody has a relationship to GnR... a lot of people I know, who are into rock, don't like them, so people who aren't into rock at all definitely don't care for them.

But I get what you're saying, I think the deal with AC/DC is that you have to like the singer's voice... a lot of people, even into rock, don't like his style of singing and his voice. Plus I don't think they've had many ballad hits under their name, so GnR is still to this day getting more airplay on different radion stations than a band like AC/DC. The reason why they create a bigger buzz in media is because it's going be the first time in 23 years that Axl and Slash are going to share the stage together, two 'icons' in rock, which most people thought would never happen. That's always special.

With relationship I don't mean people like them, but they have read a lot of headlines about them, they know the personalities behind the band and have opinions about them, at the least. GNR is one of the biggest MTV era bands. They were a media circus, bigger than the actual music. Good or bad, AC/DC is more about the music, and for a certain (big) target group. 

This is making headlines because Axl is a name for tabloids, combined with AC/DC being a huge band. 

I still don't think this is something that'll happen but I can understand why if Axl does do it. If Angus Young is going to continue with AC/DC regardless who's in the band ( sound familiar ?) then who better than Axl ?  He's been there and done it with nu guns and he's one of the greatest lead singers of all time plus he's a AC/DC fan so it's understandable if they went to Axl. It would be good for Axl and put him back in the spotlight big time but I still don't think it'll happen 

Considering this is AC/DC last tour (for now) and Axl being a huge fan why wouldn't Axl take the opportunity to potentially front them for their last 10 US shows? Also the publicity fits well with the GnR' reunion and tour. AC/DC wants a big name and popular front man to replace Brian. Remember it's 10 shows not a new album or permanent by any means.  This makes perfect sense. Hope it happens.

Edited by TrixAreForKids

3 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

For starters, your idea of "hits" was a little inflated. I revised the list for you, this is far more accurate. Secondly, i admit My statement about MJ not writing most of his hits was not completely true, You did forget about all of his Jackson 5 hits, which he didn't write any of those. But you have to admit that he didn't write ALL of his best songs. Where AC/DC on the other hand DID. That's my main point. 

Look man, I really like MJ, so me bashing him doesn't sit well with me. I just happen to love AC/DC MORE, and I take offense to the little pot shots you took, that's all.

I'm making peace with you, because I like you Towlie, I don't want to argue with you anymore.

Yeah, I guess I was being a bit of a dick about ACDC. I did try getting into them once, but their music really does nothing for me. I just really don't want Axl to do this as I have zero interest in ACDC, and would rather Axl focus his time and efforts on GNR. If he wants to do something different, write some new fucking songs for a change...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TrixAreForKids said:

Considering this is AC/DC last tour and Axl being a huge fan why wouldn't Axl take the opportunity to potentially front them for their last 10 US shows? Also the publicity fits well with the GnR' reunion and tour. AC/DC wants a big name and popular front man to replace Brian. Remember it's 10 shows not a new album or permanent by any means.  This makes perfect sense. Hope it happens.

My thoughts exactly! If it happens it will in no way be permanent nor will ten shows that can be rescheduled much later get in the way of GNR plans.

4 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Yeah, I guess I was being a bit of a dick about ACDC. I did try getting into them once, but their music really does nothing for me. I just really don't want Axl to do this as I have zero interest in ACDC, and would rather Axl focus his time and efforts on GNR. If he wants to do something different, write some new fucking songs for a change...

He does write them, he just doesn't release anything, or maybe in twenty years from now....

I don't know if there's any truth to this rumour, but if it's true... what's the big deal, it's just ten shows... if Slash can make a new record this spring, and Duff can be in three other bands all at once, why can't he do this?

4 minutes ago, Changes said:

Nobody worried about Axl getting that much attention from people who are critical of him and failing? It would really be a make or break moment for him in regards of redeeming his legacy 

I feel like the weight is on his shoulders big time anyways for the GNR shows, let alone anything AC/DC related. He really needs to come out guns blazing (pun intended) this year in the vocal department. If he nails the GNR shows in addition to doing some killer guest vocals for AC/DC then it can be totally beneficial for his image. All the same - if he blows it, then there's nobody to blame but him.

15 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Reps for AC/DC responded to the rumors bytelling NME that the band has “nothing official to announce. Will update you if that changes.”

odd response, if it were zero chance why not say that?

Axl's voice would need to be so on point! AC/DC is bigger than GNR in terms of stadium draw... and the fans there won't be sympathetic and doped up on GNR nostalgia like we will be.

• Like 1

that would be YUUUUUUGEE to say it with Trump`s words. What an exciting time 2016 seems to be. Maybe that also explains why a full GnR tour is not announced yet. Musically wise I am very sorry for Brian and not sure if Axl would be the right fit for AC/DC, but as these are my favorite bands of all times (love Guns, but AC/DC are literally the definition of Hard Rock) I would wanna see this!!!!

The story has been picked up by the big news outlets all over Europe, the big tabloids here all published this rumour today. For some reason this seems much bigger "news" than the GnR reunion over here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Black said:

So he won't show up to rehearse with his own band, but when AC/DC calls for him to do so, he all of a sudden will?

I call bullshit.

You haven't seen Fernando's latest instagram picture?

Looks to me that Axl is in rehearsals with GNR.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Black said:

So he won't show up to rehearse with his own band, but when AC/DC calls for him to do so, he all of a sudden will?

I call bullshit.

Axl probably respects the AC/DC gig more than the GNR reunion at this point

• Like 1