LA_0013

Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

52 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Fortus gets his dues paid live in concert, so I don’t think he is treated wholly as a hired hand.  

However, Gn’R should try to incorporate the full band in some of the merch and social media advertising.  I get we are there for Axl and Slash (and Duff) but it’s only the proper way to manage a team 

If i were in charge of GN'R's PR/marketing department, i would kick promotion of the entire band into gear with a new album. The big three made sense, given the reunion tour. Now that it is over, they really should be moving everything forward, including promotion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

I think he's just joking around. Fortus strikes me as fairly content with what he does and not a guy with a huge ego. I'm sure understands perfectly well why those 3 are on all the merch.

Agree, i understand in this form, he look like humble guy, without huge ego.

Posted (edited)

To be a full member of the band in the public eye one has to contribute to the success of the band. The band pretty much had no successes after 1993 until the reunion, so what that they existed.

Edited by Asia
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Asia said:

To be a full member of the band in the public eye one has to contribute to the success of the band. The band pretty much had no successes after 1993 until the reunion, so what that they existed.

I would say this is valid just to the hard-core fans not to the casual ones or to the general public. The general public is focused in Axl and Slash and the rest of the band are “ the other members” and they don’t care that much about this “full member” thing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

A new one from Niven. I'm curious why he's been so vocal lately, especially in his open contempt for the redhead (mostly well deserved imho).

"Just to clarify, let me make it absolutely clear that Steven’s exit from Guns was driven by Axl and Goldstein, and to my understanding was significantly motivated by Axl’s anger at Steven for getting Erin high on smack and having his way with her. And well can I understand that. The support of everyone else for Steven was undercut by his inability, in preproduction, to play a song the same way twice. Steven dug his own hole, jumped in it and pulled the dirt down on top of himself.

As for my motivation being in any way material, let me make it clear that I signed on to a hopeless case because of their attitude – why else would I take on a band ‘built to lose’ as Slash described it at his RRHOF induction.

History, however, has shown that Axl and Goldstein had material motives – Axl, Mr Fifty Per-Cent, was fine with cutting both Steven and Izzy out of the tour. I’d hazard a bet Bugs Bunny ain’t been paid for the Cock Up The Rock video yet – or if he was, he merely got a quarter of a carrot, while Axl took the salad." - Alan Niven

https://www.alternativenation.net/ex-guns-n-roses-manager-details-member-having-his-way-with-axl-rose-wife/

Edited by RONIN

Posted (edited)

Niven seems bitter Axl basically got what he wanted after all and without including Izzy and Steven, without reuniting the classic line up. Slash and Duff back, renewed acceptance of Axl in the eyes of the public, media, most of the fans, etc.

Who could have led Gn'R to a better path? Slash? Izzy? Duff? I think Axl did the best he could with how he perceived the band and what the future of it should have been. It's not like he was the sole architect of the demise of the old band and there were understandable reasons why it imploded imo. It's easy to just blame it on one ore two people. The responsibility of keeping it together were shared by all 5 members and they couldn't see eye to eye, they wanted different things and couldn't reach a compromise.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

I have to laugh, all this old shit and Axl just lets it ride.  I don't think you can get to him that way.   There's not going to be another Get in the Ring.  He's not going to give any stage time to that kind of reporting.  Pretty much nailing the coffin shut on any Axl interviews.

2 hours ago, RONIN said:

A new one from Niven. I'm curious why he's been so vocal lately, especially in his open contempt for the redhead (mostly well deserved imho).

"Just to clarify, let me make it absolutely clear that Steven’s exit from Guns was driven by Axl and Goldstein, and to my understanding was significantly motivated by Axl’s anger at Steven for getting Erin high on smack and having his way with her. And well can I understand that. The support of everyone else for Steven was undercut by his inability, in preproduction, to play a song the same way twice. Steven dug his own hole, jumped in it and pulled the dirt down on top of himself.

As for my motivation being in any way material, let me make it clear that I signed on to a hopeless case because of their attitude – why else would I take on a band ‘built to lose’ as Slash described it at his RRHOF induction.

History, however, has shown that Axl and Goldstein had material motives – Axl, Mr Fifty Per-Cent, was fine with cutting both Steven and Izzy out of the tour. I’d hazard a bet Bugs Bunny ain’t been paid for the Cock Up The Rock video yet – or if he was, he merely got a quarter of a carrot, while Axl took the salad." - Alan Niven

https://www.alternativenation.net/ex-guns-n-roses-manager-details-member-having-his-way-with-axl-rose-wife/

Interesting, i thought niven was still managing guns when steven was in the band and doug didnt come in until about 91 when the illusions were ready to drop?.

4 hours ago, Lio said:

Niven, just shut up, bitter old man. We get it, you despise Axl, who is the root of all evil.

Like the most people that believe in the devil , he is enough schematic.

4 minutes ago, RageKage said:

Niven=

tenor.gif

I was thinking narcissist but psychopath will also do.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Lio said:

Niven, just shut up, bitter old man. We get it, you despise Axl, who is the root of all evil.

Guns have many beggars and hangers-on. :lol: Niven is just attaching himself to the only thing he was somewhat relevant for. The only thing is, he doesn't see that most people frankly don't give a shit about him 27 years later.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Regarding Adler, I prefer believing what Slash said rather than some manager, thank you very much. 

33 minutes ago, Ratam said:

NIVEN call Axl Mr. 50%...

Niven needs to just STFU. 

38 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

Niven needs to just STFU. 

yes, he can't let go, too resentment.:question:

• Like 1

Niven lives on the past more than GNR do - and that’s saying something 

• Haha 1

What happened behind the scenes to set off Niv like this? Did TB send a lawsuit his way? Usually Niven fires off like that when provoked going by his past MO

Posted (edited)

I want Axl to write lyrics about politics so bad.

Wether or not you agree with the guy's views, you can't deny he really cares and I'm sure it would make fucking inspired songs. That's what the world needs.

Edited by Nalbi

17 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Interesting, i thought niven was still managing guns when steven was in the band and doug didnt come in until about 91 when the illusions were ready to drop?.

He didn't become GnR's manager until '91 but he was in the inner circle from the late-AFD period onwards iirc. Niven seems to be suggesting that Doug played a more prominent role in Steven's ouster than we previously thought - which doesn't seem all that far fetched  I suppose given how Goldstein operates.

Niven forgot to say that he was fully behind the Adler "probation contract" (if it wasn't all his idea). Also, by all accounts, they were probably already rehearsing with Sorum when the incident with Erin happened.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1